Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,955 members, 7,828,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Php 4 Or 5 Upload Code, Somebody Help! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Php 4 Or 5 Upload Code, Somebody Help! (876 Views)

How Do I Upgrade My Php Version From 5.2.3 To 5.2.4 Or Higher / Hives Toddler Or 5. Urticaria / Php5 Email Code, Somebody Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php 4 Or 5 Upload Code, Somebody Help! by Joit(m): 1:08am On Mar 18, 2008
The PHP upload codes I used on my website was working well on the former server of my web host company but is not working on the new server the host company now transfered to. All my effort in trying series of latest codes proofed abortive- Somebody please help!
Re: Php 4 Or 5 Upload Code, Somebody Help! by my2cents(m): 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2008
What version of PHP is ur upload code in? what version of PHP did your former web host support? What version of PHP does your current web host support? Could it be in how you are linking to your file(s) (as in, absolute or relative path)?

See if you can obtain answers to the above? If it still doesn't work, get back to us.
Re: Php 4 Or 5 Upload Code, Somebody Help! by Joit(m): 12:00am On Mar 19, 2008
Thank you my2cents for your concern, kiss
The current web host support PHP 4.X and PHP 5.X (where 'X' could be any digit) while the former web host support PHP 4.X or older version.
I have used series of upload code versions which I tested to be found working on my Local Server (PHP Version 5.0.4) but could not work on my Web Server.
Here attached is the web file that I'm currently using which is expected to process my upload file.

Re: Php 4 Or 5 Upload Code, Somebody Help! by kazey(m): 3:01am On Mar 19, 2008
Check Your folder permissions, make sure its writable by your script.

Also post the exact errors here. Thank you.
Re: Php 4 Or 5 Upload Code, Somebody Help! by Joit(m): 3:15am On Mar 20, 2008
kazey the permission to the folder is 'rwxrwxrwx' and it is not displaying error message for me to track the code line error only that it is echoing the else statement of not uploading the uploadedfile.

kazey, it seems you are affiliate of nairahost nigeria. If you are, thank God. Nairahost is my web host company. Do you have any support on this?
Re: Php 4 Or 5 Upload Code, Somebody Help! by Joit(m): 4:16am On Mar 20, 2008
grin
Thank you my2cent and kazey. I love you smiley

I just replace the

$target = "uploads/";

with

$target =$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/uploads/';

and it now WORKING

LEARN FROM ME grin
Re: Php 4 Or 5 Upload Code, Somebody Help! by kenflipper(m): 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2008
http://67.192.128.18/builder/demobuilder.htm

Amazing web building tool and web hosting packages, no more credit card barrier, payment in naira available as low as N31,500 Per Year. for further details visit

www.Kennwebdesigner.com

Create your web design business with us, and design a website within 10mins with our great tools

Proudly U.S based Nigerian.

(1) (Reply)

Icon Fixing / How to upload files to my site / Awesome Front-End Designer wants to Collaborate with Cool Backend Developers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.