Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes (20342 Views)

The Return of NPFL Nite Matches - The Enugu Rangers Experience (Pictures) / Oriental Derby: Enugu Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 2) - FT / Kwara Utd Fc Vs Enugu Rangers - Match Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Afam4eva(m): 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
[size=13pt]With the new premier league season about to kick off and after Rangers almost clinched the title the last time around, i think Enugu Rangers deserves a thread where it's fans can come together and discuss anything about the greatest club in Nigeria's history. The only Nigerian club never to be relegated.

if you're a Rangers fan, pls come in and let's support our club

[/size]

I also implore fans of Enyimba(Aba), Heartland(Owerri), Pillars(Kano) and other clubs to create similar threads for their clubs. Let's support the Nigerian Premier league. It's our own.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by sunnychuks(m): 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
There is no doubt that Enugu Rangers is one of the oldest club in Nigeria. What Marvels me is their laurels draught just like Arsenal.But with the return of Okey Emordi as the head coach, they will soon come back to their glory days.Sullivan..the Governor needs to support this darling team of Easterners which i am one of them.

Please can anyone in the house clarify the issue between Warri Wolves and Rangers over Sunday Mba's Ownership.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Afam4eva(m): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
sunnychuks: There is no doubt that Enugu Rangers is one of the oldest club in Nigeria. What Marvels me is their laurels draught just like Arsenal.But with the return of Okey Emordi as the head coach, they will soon come back to their glory days.Sullivan..the Governor needs to support this darling team of Easterners which i am one of them.

Please can anyone in the house clarify the issue between Warri Wolves and Rangers over Sunday Mba's Ownership.
The most annoying thing is that Rangers always comes close to winning something every season but end up coming second, third or fourth. But they're still the most consistent club in the history of Nigerian football.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by saintneo(m): 1:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
just wondering if Sunday Mbah will be playing today.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Afam4eva(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
saintneo: just wondering if Sunday Mbah will be playing today.
I don't know if the problem has been resolved with Warri wolves. But it seems Rangers hasn't paid the money that Wolves demanded from them for the two players.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
saintneo: just wondering if Sunday Mbah will be playing today.

He should be on the line-up. The problem has been solved and he and goalkeeper Gozie Agbim has signed for Rangers.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Odinaka00(m): 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
What's up my Enugu brothers? Its ya boi Kenny reporting live from Cape town

#Achara-layout#
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
My darling flying antelopes.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by sunnychuks(m): 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
I don't think that Sunday Mba's Rights of ownership has been settled though Rangers is bent on fielding him during African champions league in Burundi.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130309/Rangers_to_field_Mba_against_VitalO
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by EzePromoe: 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
I'm happy that Nigerians are begin to have passion for their league, and I believe that this is as a fact that Nigeria clinched the AFCON via a good number of home based, with a home based taking the spotlight too.
Passion for Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) have come to stay. No going back.
DOLPHINS FC FOR LIFE!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Eifeh(m): 4:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
Rangers vs Enyimba on super sport 9 dont miss it by 4pm up rangers
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by sunnychuks(m): 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2013
Moderator please transfer this to sports section. Rangers leading Enyimba by 1 goal
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Afam4eva(m): 7:03pm On Mar 09, 2013
Rangers 1 - 0 Enyimba

We have crossed our very first bridge. More impressive performance to come in subsequent games.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Ejine(m): 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
Rangers of Enugu and Spartans (now Heartland) of Owerri are the only two Nigerian clubs to have never been relegated in their entire history.
I tend to lean a little more towards Heartland (they have the better record afterall), but Rangers are also dear to me.

I love both teams and wish them the best.

These guys no dey ever gree carry last grin (literally, since they've never been relegated).

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by RedLight1: 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
am gonna create one for shooting stars grin grin up shooting

but i really think its time we start supporting our leagues whole-heatedly ..this foreign leagues s really killing our football...they dont even give a shiit about us or africa ... our own be our own ... thats why i have decided to support shooting stars becos of my mum smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Wadosky(m): 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2013
Yea I support rangers fc though I reside outside enugu now and remember vividly my days @ obiagu stand where we use to bath ourselves with pure water and some dudes smoke there thing without interference from police up rangers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by mrinfo(m): 9:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Was there live as Rangers beat Enyimba 1 - Nil.

Observations;

The level of organisation is still poor; getting tickets and gaining entrance to the stadium was still a hellish affair
The digital scoreboards and large TV screen weren't working
The pitch (artificial) was okay
The football was okay in batches
Loved the Rangers' white jersey though I had thought their primary jersey colour was blue. The Aba Elephants wore blue this time.
Turnout was like 35 -40% stadium capacity; encouraging by Nigerian standards
Missed the goal as I and my friends spent over 30 mins struggling to get in.'
Supersports was on ground and did a =n okay job getting the live coverage.
Officiating was fair (given that the TV crew was on board the referee wouldn't mess up

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by holuwarlay08(m): 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Nija football na person wey D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ home D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ always win...... Up Home Team.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by doja(m): 9:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
Afam,

May God bless u specially for this thread . When are we going to have a thread for shooting stars and sunshine stars? Someone should please start.

Good one.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Abeg, make u na stop comparing that team with my Arsenal joor
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Noblechyk: 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
Up Rangers! @ Op, tanx for this.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by goldfish80(m): 9:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
mrinfo: Was there live as Rangers beat Enyimba 1 - Nil.

Observations;

The level of organisation is still poor; getting tickets and gaining entrance to the stadium was still a hellish affair
The digital scoreboards and large TV screen weren't working
The pitch (artificial) was okay
The football was okay in batches

Loved the Rangers' white jersey though I had thought their primary jersey colour was blue. The Aba Elephants wore blue this time.
Turnout was like 35 -40% stadium capacity; encouraging by Nigerian standards
Missed the goal as I and my friends spent over 30 mins struggling to get in.
Supersports was on ground and did a =n okay job getting the live coverage.
Officiating was fair (given that the TV crew was on board the referee wouldn't mess up
Be at the stadium atleast 1hr before kickoff, that's ur duty as a fan

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Goldwolexy: 9:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
This thread should be base on Nigeria league not only for enugu rangers.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by InvertedHammer: 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Agbele1(m): 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
D issue between warri wolves nd rangers av bn solvd coz sunday mba said dat he signed wit rangers bf season end
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
I'm a huge fan. I hope Rangers can get back to winning ways. Pls where can one get original Rangers Jersey.
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by OkparaIgbo: 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
Confam. I'm signing on to this fantastic thread supporting my boys of 042 Rangers.. smiley
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by An0nimus: 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
Gold wolexy: This thread should be base on Nigeria league not only for enugu rangers.
seconded
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2013
I can't hide my admiration for the Flying Antelope but Enyimba has made us proud and we love theem for that but Heartland is still in my heart.. grin
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by OperaMini1(m): 10:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
The most annoying thing is that Rangers always comes close to winning something every season but end up coming second, third or fourth. But they're still the most consistent club in the history of Nigerian football.

The funny thing about this our club is that Just like Arsenal FC, they'll never win the league, and will never be relegated. I miss the Obiagu stand sha.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by Lexo22(m): 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
Up Rangers fc!!!
Re: Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes by ACM10: 10:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
Afam can u name five players in Ranger's first team?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Roma Agree £34m Deal To Sign Tammy Abraham / Klopp Beats Lampard To Win Back-to-back EPL Manager Of The Month For Sep / Nigeria Vs C.A.R , How It Went Down At Teslim Balogun Stadium (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.