Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (11642 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / List Of Countries Nigeria Passport Holders Can Travel Visa Free / Can Any Tell Me Which Country Nigeria Passport Holder Can Go Without Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 18, 2013
Re: . by Ladapo(m): 2:36am On Mar 18, 2013
I want to believe so.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Ladapo: I want to believe so.
God bless you sir
Re: . by Lucasbalo(m): 5:17am On Mar 18, 2013
No. Your passport would be inspected at the point of departure and you would not be allowed to board the flight if your passport has expired. Simple logic.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 18, 2013
you cannot be denied entry into Nigeria with an expired Nigerian passport...

1 Like

Re: . by Redoil: 6:54am On Mar 18, 2013
You can do that, but you need to a witch or a wizard.
Re: . by Vicjustice: 7:59am On Mar 18, 2013
boyestic: am a legal resident in united state(green card holder)i have to be in nigeria by thursday,but my nigerian passport has expired on january 13 2013,and i just got to know after buying my ticket,my question is

1,will i be able to leave usa on expired nigerian passport?
2,has anyone reading traveled out of united states with expired international passport?

pls your urgenty reply will be appreciated,am gonna glue to laptop to read from you,thanks in advance.
By rights, you can use an expired passport or any other proof of nationality to enter your own country, but unfortunately, the corrupt immigration officers at the Nigerian point of entry might see this as an opportunity to make a payday by delaying and denying you your rights: You will definitely NOT have any problem leaving the US with it.

1 Like

Re: . by Opoki(m): 11:18am On Mar 18, 2013
Vicjustice: By rights, you can use an expired passport or any other proof of nationality to enter your own country, but unfortunately, the corrupt immigration officers at the Nigerian point of entry might see this as an opportunity to make a payday by delaying and denying you your rights: You will definitely NOT have any problem leaving the US with it.
With this, your question has been answered!
I will advice you to have with you some bernanke to tip the immi @ POE.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
Am scared a bit,ladapo,opoki,vicjustice,redoil,adeniyisavage and lucasbalo thank you all.
Re: . by hinge: 7:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
you simply can't my advise is to contact nigeria embassy in usa
Re: . by Vicjustice: 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
hinge: you simply can't my advise is to contact nigeria embassy in usa
What immigration law forbids a person from returning to his own country if he is able to prove that he is a citizen of the country?
Whether expired or not expired passport, he is entitled to return home with it;and even without a passport, it is the duty and the responsibility of Immigration officers to receive a citizen who is able to prove his/her citizenship: and expired passport is a valid proof that one is a citizen.

2 Likes

Re: . by johnkent(m): 5:52am On Mar 20, 2013
If he's transiting through another country, he might not be allowed to board a plane. An expired passport is just as good as no passport. Just like u can't drive on an expired drivers license, u sure cant fly on a expired passport either.

1 Like

Re: . by Vicjustice: 7:30am On Mar 20, 2013
johnkent: If he's transiting through another country, he might not be allowed to board a plane. An expired passport is just as good as no passport. Just like u can't drive on an expired drivers license, u sure cant fly on a expired passport either.
Even if he is transiting through another country, he can't be stopped, no immigration authority has the legal rights to stop him from returning to his own country with expired passport.

1 Like

Re: . by worry359(m): 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
Pls Help,emergency Travel Cert,from Nigeria Embassy New York by boyestic: 3:07pm
i was turned back at dfw aiport on the grounds that my nigerian passport has expired hence,united airline refused to air lift me and ever since have been calling nigerian consulate in new york to know the needed documents for me to get an emergency travelling certificate but no one is picking,please if any one knows what am to present to get the nigerian emergency travelling certificate,pls list it.

So he WAS turned back
I bet some people who said he could travel fell very silly now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember this story before giving advise next time.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 29, 2013
worry 359: Pls Help,emergency Travel Cert,from Nigeria Embassy New York by boyestic: 3:07pm
i was turned back at dfw aiport on the grounds that my nigerian passport has expired hence,united airline refused to air lift me and ever since have been calling nigerian consulate in new york to know the needed documents for me to get an emergency travelling certificate but no one is picking,please if any one knows what am to present to get the nigerian emergency travelling certificate,pls list it.

So he WAS turned back
I bet some people who said he could travel fell very silly now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember this story before giving advise next time.

i was turned back,i swiped my passport and the passport reading machine said passanger can not proceed,passort expired,one of the airline agent came and went in with my passport,she said she called there headoffice and they said my passport has to be valid not only when leaving united states but when landing in lagos,that i can also travel with emergency travel ceertificate,that was how i carried my ghana must go back to my apartment.
Re: . by omega25red(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2013
i hope this thread is archived somewhere so the next time anyone asks if they can travel with an expired passport they will be referred to this thread.

Poster good job taking one for the team wink

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Container Truck On Fire Along Apapa Expressway And Agege Motor Road (pics) / Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja? / Dana Air Adds Boeing 737- 700 Aircraft To Fleet, To Commence ‘early Bird’’ Servi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.