Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,421 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Wordpress Or Joomla - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Or Joomla (779 Views)

Please Where Can I Get A News Aggregator Theme For Wordpress Or Joomla Or Drupal / Wordpress Or Blogger, Which Is Best For Blogging? / Drupal Or Joomla Which One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Or Joomla by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 04, 2013
I am quite conversant with what can be achieved with wordpress and Joomla however, I use Wordpress most times so I'm curious on features that Joomla has that are not available on Wordpress or simply put, what can be achieved with Joomla that is not available on Wordpress?
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by Afam4eva(m): 9:44am On Apr 04, 2013
I really don't think there's anything that can be achieved on Joomla that's not available on wordpress. The worst case scenario is to build a plugin that's available in Joomla and not on wordpress. I have used both CMS and i prefer wordpress because imo it's easier to use.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by yawatide(f): 10:05am On Apr 04, 2013
^^^ He he. Interesting. I happen to find Joomla easier to use tongue
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by Afam4eva(m): 10:08am On Apr 04, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
^^^ He he. Interesting. I happen to find Joomla easier to use tongue
It's a matter of personal preference and the one you're used to. But i wonder why there seems to be more wordpress sites than there are Joomla or Drupal sites.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 04, 2013
Double post.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 04, 2013
I've seen some bank websites that were built using Joomla, same goes for bulk SMS site and even Web hosting portals with advanced features. It is true that more people seem to have adopted Wordpress and there seems to be far more plugins, modules and extensions.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by dxter486: 11:43am On Apr 04, 2013
You can really achieve the same with both Joomla and WordPress. Question is what organization you are building the website for and what is the budget. Wordpress has really slick and easy user interface so that is why it is so popular. Also there is another popular CMS called Drupal. It has even larger community than Joomla and and all modules are free.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
dxter486: You can really achieve the same with both Joomla and WordPress. Question is what organization you are building the website for and what is the budget. Wordpress has really slick and easy user interface so that is why it is so popular. Also there is another popular CMS called Drupal. It has even larger community than Joomla and and all modules are free.
Yes I kmow about Drupal but I don't thinks it more popular than Joomla.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by Esiri111(m): 1:28pm On Apr 04, 2013

Actually Joomla has a higher rating than wordpress.
though they have almost the same functionality Joomla! has a higher stand.
on my side I prefer joomla because it has multilingual support which wordpress does not have.

smiley
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 04, 2013
Esiri111: [color=#000099][/color]
Actually Joomla has a higher rating than wordpress.
though they have almost the same functionality Joomla! has a higher stand.
on my side I prefer joomla because it has multilingual support which wordpress does not have.[b][/b]
smiley
I kinda have that feeling too but wordpress sites kind of stands out in aesthetics. A feature most Joomla sites lack.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by yawatide(f): 6:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
^^^ That has to do with the designer at hand. I on the other hand have also seen crappy WP sites

@Afam:
I am pretty open when it comes to technology, calling myself a trisexual - I try anything at least once. I try to be a hammer so I don't see everything around me as a nail. I try everything at least once and draw conclusions based on features, drawbacks, learning curve, etc. I have tried Joomla, WP and drupal and though I wouldn't use it for everything, I have found it to have a lower learning curve than the other 2. Personal research also supports this conclusion. I like to do my research well before settling for anything.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by databoy247(m): 7:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
What makes joomla unique is its login extention which i am yet to see a wordpress plugin with such functionality. Thats why most people use it for bulk sms business. The wordpress plugin that has the "member login" functionality is buddypress i believe. Aside that, wordpress is easier to use cos of its friendly user interface. Astounding websites can be created with wordpress especially if you know how to manipulate codes.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
Double post grin
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
@Dateboy, not only buddypress has such functionality. There are other Wordpress theme developers with robust membership integration with customised login page, members profile e.t.c. However they are mostly premium themes, plugins and modules you pay for.
Though I believe such Joomla extensions usually have more functionality or maybe it all depends on the developer.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by koksybrown: 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
I'l give Wordpress a 5 star over Joomla cos of its Search Engine Friendliness. I stand to be corrected sha.
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
^^^ hmmm!
Re: Wordpress Or Joomla by soloqy: 12:18am On Apr 05, 2013
Wordpress was initially created as a blogging tool. That was the initial and primary purpose till when plugins and other stuff began to be used to move up to news publishing and then to other types of sites.

Joomla was created as a Content Management System from start.Blogging capacity is just an aside .Most recent versions are being created with the concept of a Content Management Framework in mind , evident in new modules and components that help you create custom content and applications.
Joomla is well suited for corporate web sites as well as news publishing. Some people(myself included), cant just get past the thought of Wordpress being a blogging tool. Its evident in the awkward page creating procedure and all.

I prefer Joomla to Wordpress. Someone said Wordpress sites stand out in aesthetics more than Joomla sites. But hey, you cant blame the tool, blame the workman. The tool in no way, hinders the person's design skills. Just do your design and convert it with just few Joomla codes at the head and it becomes a joomla site.

(1) (Reply)

About A Broke Programmer / Get Up To 200mb On Mtn,1gb On Etisalat Nd Freewsing For Airtel,download Whatsap / Blogging Free Course Live On Nairaland - Join Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.