Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

How Do I Save Documents And Databases On Cds - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Save Documents And Databases On Cds (1117 Views)

Pls, How Can I Save A Document As .pdf, .doc In PHP? / [Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. / Help In Asp. How Do I Save A Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Save Documents And Databases On Cds by Roscodaddy(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2006
I need help,how do I create documents in CDs,please help me
Re: How Do I Save Documents And Databases On Cds by Seun(m): 9:06pm On May 09, 2006
Use a CD writer and a CD burner to create documents on Cds. Isn't that obvious?
Re: How Do I Save Documents And Databases On Cds by kilo4uall(m): 11:14am On May 10, 2006
like he said, if u have a software that burns CDs like nero,roxio e.t.c u use it with an empty CD either Recordable or rewriteable. wink
Re: How Do I Save Documents And Databases On Cds by ELIJAHLOVE: 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2008
My dear,you dont "save" files or document on a CD technically, what you do is write /burn them on the CD
How can that be done?
1. Launch the software Nero- this is the software used to burn/write on CDs
2. Then follow the procedure, like clicking on "burn" then "next " and then "add ". This last one add is used to add the document you want to burn on to the CD from whereever location it is on the system- its just like exploring.
3.Make sure you have an empty CD on which you can burn ur data.
Thats all
Re: How Do I Save Documents And Databases On Cds by sbucareer(f): 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2008

However, you can save, delete, and format your CD-RW/DVD-RW disk. All you need to do like the gurus above me suggested was to buy a CD/DVD writer, hence burner.

Remember to buy CD-RW/DVD-RW NOT CD-ROM/DVD-ROM (Read Only Memory). Make sure you install a burner software like nero

Finally, when you pop-in your CD-RW/DVD-RW select the option to format as a regular disk. This will set the RW (Read/Write) like your Floppy disk. You can cut and paste, delete, copy and paste like you would in a regular filesystem.
Re: How Do I Save Documents And Databases On Cds by lojik(m): 11:21am On May 02, 2008
If there is a need for you to write a program that saves documents on CDs, it is possible without having to reprogram Nero or roxio.
I developed a CMS software once, that can auto backup its own database on cd and this is the logic i used.

1. download one of the free third party commandline cd burning tools (most of them do not require installation and work fine with XP).

2. Instruct your program to save the files in a folder on the system (prefarbly temporary folder).

3. Lauch the third party executable with command line parameters telling it where the folder is and whether it should run in hidden mode.

4. Launch a listener to know whenburning is complete (simple way to do this is to determine when the cd drive is open since it will eject wen burning is complete).

5. delete your temporary folder.

That's all but u must tell the end user to make sure an empty CD is in the drive before this process is iniciated.

(1) (Reply)

Uniben Emerges Nisscom '06 Winner! / Login Expiration / Nacoss Mouau Website!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.