Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,678 members, 7,865,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue (623 Views)

What Has Been Ben Murray-bruce's Contribution To The Senate So Far? / What Is Your State's Contribution To The Nation / Your Contribution Towards Vision 2020 And The 7-points Agenda. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by bilms(m): 9:16am On Apr 12, 2013
Dear nl, i am to present a paper as a keynote speaker on the challenges facing Africa as a continent and the role of the youths in taking the continent out of the current bondage. What do you think are the major challenges facing Africa and how do you think it could be solved,especially by the youths.
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 12, 2013
I could have helped if not that you'r a notorious liar. This post of yours maybe another lie
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by ba7man(m): 9:53am On Apr 12, 2013
bilms: Dear nl, i am to present a paper as a keynote speaker on the challenges facing Africa as a continent and the role of the youths in taking the continent out of the current bondage. What do you think are the major challenges facing Africa and how do you think it could be solved,especially by the youths.
Africa as a whole has faced a long period of stagnation and let me highlight reasons i feel this has been the reason.

(1)EDUCATIONAL ORIENTATION: The African Youth is educated to be a "Job seeker" and not a "Job Creator". Its not the knowledge you have that sets you free but what you do with it. That results in generations waiting on their Governments to provide Jobs for them. Ask them why they are unemployed and they are quick to say "The Government did not provide jobs for us". This can also be called ignorance. We hardly research, read, develop, improve on things around us so we're comfortably stuck in our comfort zones.

SPIRITUAL ORIENTATION: In the past, the Black Race Worshipped gods of fear. It was the norm to have Evil forests no one must visit, rivers that have to be appeased with scrifices sometimes human lives, Oceans, Mountains, Trees that must be worshipped etc. They were so busy worshipping them they failed to realize the natural resources that lay abound in them.

That and countless superstisions limited our ability to explore and discover new things. Rather that search for a cure for Chicken-pox, some worshipped it, rather than cross an ocean, they worshipped it, Rather than cut a tree and use it for furniture, they worshipped it. Today, we still worship Rich people and Political figures and this still part of what's holding us back.

SOCIAL ORIENTATION: "How dare you correct your elders??" "Shut up!! You're too young, what do you know??" "Do you know who i am??". These are statements commonly made amongst Africans (They are countless more).

They are designed to provide perceived elders and superiors with impunity and subjugate those beneath them and they all gladly fall in line. An elder can do no wrong and who are you to correct them?? I remember OBJ lambasting a jounalist for daring to ask him a certain question.

LEADERSHIP: A bad system will keep creating bad Leaders. We give our leaders too much power and respect. The few people able to surround them fight tooth and nail to ensure that this is the norm. We have RULERS in Africa and not LEADERS. I won't say much on this because everyone in this section is a political Analyst and will have their own oppinion.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm currently with an 18 year old female painter and she's talking about having her own paint manufacturing company. There's a new generation of African Youth that aren't waiting to be spoon fed but are taking their destinys into their own hands. That is the future of Africa.
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 12, 2013
1. Bad leadership as examplified in the Nigerian case since independece/second republic.
2. Africans, no, Nigerians are living according to another country's dictates. By this I mean, we have not been able to define how we want to live together and how we want to be governed.
3. Bad followership in the case of Nigeria. I mean we are too timid to take our leaders to the task of accountability, qouting Thomas Cleary in the Art of War; "Loyalty does not mean a blind obedience, but involves the duty of conscencious protest".
4. Eroded moral and soceital values.
These are some of the problems I can come up with at the moment.
Goodluck.
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by bilms(m): 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I could have helped if not that you'r a notorious liar. This post of yours maybe another lie

what do you mean by this pls? and can you give one example of the lie i have ever told you? anyway, don't distract this post if you have nothing to contribute.
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by bilms(m): 12:51pm On Apr 12, 2013
ba7man: Africa as a whole has faced a long period of stagnation and let me highlight reasons i feel this has been the reason.

(1)EDUCATIONAL ORIENTATION: The African Youth is educated to be a "Job seeker" and not a "Job Creator". Its not the knowledge you have that sets you free but what you do with it. That results in generations waiting on their Governments to provide Jobs for them. Ask them why they are unemployed and they are quick to say "The Government did not provide jobs for us". This can also be called ignorance. We hardly research, read, develop, improve on things around us so we're comfortably stuck in our comfort zones.

SPIRITUAL ORIENTATION: In the past, the Black Race Worshipped gods of fear. It was the norm to have Evil forests no one must visit, rivers that have to be appeased with scrifices sometimes human lives, Oceans, Mountains, Trees that must be worshipped etc. They were so busy worshipping them they failed to realize the natural resources that lay abound in them.

That and countless superstisions limited our ability to explore and discover new things. Rather that search for a cure for Chicken-pox, some worshipped it, rather than cross an ocean, they worshipped it, Rather than cut a tree and use it for furniture, they worshipped it. Today, we still worship Rich people and Political figures and this still part of what's holding us back.

SOCIAL ORIENTATION: "How dare you correct your elders??" "Shut up!! You're too young, what do you know??" "Do you know who i am??". These are statements commonly made amongst Africans (They are countless more).

They are designed to provide perceived elders and superiors with impunity and subjugate those beneath them and they all gladly fall in line. An elder can do no wrong and who are you to correct them?? I remember OBJ lambasting a jounalist for daring to ask him a certain question.

LEADERSHIP: A bad system will keep creating bad Leaders. We give our leaders too much power and respect. The few people able to surround them fight tooth and nail to ensure that this is the norm. We have RULERS in Africa and not LEADERS. I won't say much on this because everyone in this section is a political Analyst and will have their own oppinion.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm currently with an 18 year old female painter and she's talking about having her own paint manufacturing company. There's a new generation of African Youth that aren't waiting to be spoon fed but are taking their destinys into their own hands. That is the future of Africa.

thanks.
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I could have helped if not that you'r a notorious liar. This post of yours maybe another lie

See wonders on NL.... grin imagine insincere9gerian calling someone else a notorious liar...mogbe! shocked shocked
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by bilms(m): 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
What he said was such a disappointment.
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
@Bilms.,you once created a thread on how you spent 21hrs or so on a train ride. Just read the posts on the penultimate page of the thread below to see how I arrived at the FACT that you told a wicked LIE
https://www.nairaland.com/1226729/train-ride-lagos-kano-live
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by bilms(m): 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2013
And what about it? How does what any of you wrote changed the duration of the trip? I said i did, and the railway staffs are there for you to ask them.
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2013
bilms: And what about it? How does what any of you wrote changed the duration of the trip? I said i did, and the railway staffs are there for you to ask them.
POINT OF CORRECTION: not what I wrote. It was Premium Times that did the report, not me. All I did was copy and paste. Follow the link and see things for yourself.
Re: Your Contribution Is Needed On This Issue by bilms(m): 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2013
1. Did premium times boarded railway from ilorin to lagos? No 2. Did premium times boarded it on the quoted date in my article? No 3. Did premium times did any investigation and reported their report about railway journey from ilorin to lagos? No 4. Did they ask the nrc about the issues raised in my article? No. So, i think your reasoning is gej.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Should Sacrifice 2015 Ambition For Nigeria’s Peace – Akin-john / MEND Vs Boko Haram / Why Datti Ahmad Rejected Boko Haram Committee Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.