Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Whats The Difference Between A Patent Medicine Store, A Medicine Store,pharmacy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Whats The Difference Between A Patent Medicine Store, A Medicine Store,pharmacy (13266 Views)

Rockefeller Foundation Holds A 1947 Patent For Zika Virus / Why Does The CDC Own A Patent On Ebola 'invention?' / Nigeria: FG Plans Stiffer Sanctions For Unlicensed Patent Medicine Vendors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Difference Between A Patent Medicine Store, A Medicine Store,pharmacy by yinkavelli(m): 11:04pm On May 14, 2013
whats the difference between a patent medicine store, a medicine store, a pharmacy, a pharmacy whole sale store , a drug store and a pharmaceutical store. i throw this out to all the pharmacists on nairaland. especially to members of PAN OR PCN don't know what they call themselves, pharmaceutical association or commission....there is virtually no regulation nor structure in this sector, all they focus on is money, the health and lives of the people is just secondary. almost all of them have more than 2pharmacy stores thereby contradicting their own laws and then victimize others that are not even under their association. and for those that want to go into the drug industry there is virtually no body to get information on how to go about things with. such a pity that a country can be sick physiologically and ideologically as well as economically> God bless Nigeria. pharmacist comment. lash out at me,albeit reasonably and rationally.

Yinkavelli
Re: Whats The Difference Between A Patent Medicine Store, A Medicine Store,pharmacy by Revsola: 2:46am On May 15, 2013
Young man,we are men of honour and no one will abuse you.A patent medicine store is an outlet for Over The Counter(OTC) drugs(medicines sold directly to a consumer without a prescription from any healthcare professional)...while a Pharmacy is an outlet for all drugs(prescription and non prescription drugs).
The umbrella association for pharmacists is PSN(Pharmacists' Society of Nigeria) while the regulatory body for pharmaceutical practice is Pharmacy Council Of Nigeria(PCN) formerly Pharmacy Board Of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Difference Between A Patent Medicine Store, A Medicine Store,pharmacy by yinkavelli(m): 6:57pm On May 16, 2013
Revsola: Young man,we are men of honour and no one will abuse you.A patent medicine store is an outlet for Over The Counter(OTC) drugs(medicines sold directly to a consumer without a prescription from any healthcare professional)...while a Pharmacy is an outlet for all drugs(prescription and non prescription drugs).
The umbrella association for pharmacists is PSN(Pharmacists' Society of Nigeria) while the regulatory body for pharmaceutical practice is Pharmacy Council Of Nigeria(PCN) formerly Pharmacy Board Of Nigeria

nicely said sir/ma...but i must be frank not all are as u have said. witnessed some dirty ones myself, buts that's a story for another day.
Re: Whats The Difference Between A Patent Medicine Store, A Medicine Store,pharmacy by deols(f): 5:56am On May 17, 2013
I would like to c changes in that sector too. I believe no other than pharmacists should be aLlowed to sell drugs.
Re: Whats The Difference Between A Patent Medicine Store, A Medicine Store,pharmacy by Nobody: 7:21am On May 17, 2013
deols: I would like to c changes in that sector too. I believe no other than pharmacists should be aLlowed to sell drugs.
many pharmacists sell pom to clients without prescription. personally i do not know different between shops own by pharnacist and pharmacy technician or even chemist. pharmacists think that they would gain more by fighting doctors. i know that pharnacists would gain more by cooperating with doctors. i love pharmacists and doctors. but they have to work together. i think pcn,psn,nma,mdcn should work together in harmonize prescription practice.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Three Suspected Cases Of COVID-19 In Delta Test Negative / COVID-19: Guidelines For Burials In Osun State / 9 Die As Plateau Clinic Treats 430 Snakebites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.