Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? (851 Views)

I Want To Give My Tithe To A Brother In Need / Help Me Calculate My Tithe / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? by martin123: 7:03am On May 22, 2013
Hello house, something has been bordering me for a long time now, and i dont know if i should continue.
I am a christain, and i believe in God and that christ died for me. Some time ago, out of desperation, i reduced my age by 2years in other to get a job, i finally got the job and i am doing fine on the job, though later on i asked God for forgiveness, but each time i receive my salary, something keep reminding me that i am paying TITHE from the proceeds of a fraudulent act. Please I need reasonable and a man of God's opinion .

Thanks
Re: Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? by Sunnycliff(m): 7:49am On May 22, 2013
My Brother do u want to make Heaven? If yes, as long as you are still using that falsified age in working, it is still a sin. There is what is called restitution, making right all wrongs, it is practiced in the bible both old and the new testament. Paying your tithes from the proceeds of lies is not acceptable to God. My suggestion is, pray very well for forgiveness, go to your office and say the truth of your age, either by writing or verbal means. The Two possible outcomes are that you will be either retrenched or retained. If the former happens, believe God a better job is coming, for what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul? However, if the latter happens, you will be visibly noted as a true child of God with integrity and who knows how God would lift you up from that, for with God all things are possible! Remember, there is nothing as sweet and enjoyable as a good, clear and undefiled conscience. God Bless You
Re: Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? by enilove(m): 9:36am On May 22, 2013
Ask God for forgiveness and inform your admin of ur true age.

Am sure God gave you that job.He knew you reduced ur age and still delights in blessing you, despite ur short comings.

Jesus Christ told us that God allows rains to fall for both the sinners and the righteous,because He is a loving God.

I pray you will not lose your Job in the name of Jesus

Pay your tithe , since your sweat is used to generate your income,you need not worry as per this.

If you did not work for the money,it is then a diff case.It ur satificate and energy u are truly working with ,not age.

Pray to God for guidance.
Re: Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? by Nobody: 10:45am On May 22, 2013
Repent of your sin and ask God for guidance and wisdom to make this situation right.

Finally , stop paying tithe or you may come under a curse, instead, give your money to the needy, the poor are all around you , especially those of the household of God.
Re: Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? by ogeelove(f): 10:55am On May 22, 2013
frosbel: Repent of your sin and ask God for guidance and wisdom to make this situation right.

Finally , stop paying tithe or you may come under a curse, instead, give your money to the needy, the poor are all around you , especially those of the household of God.

I am intrigued by the bolded, can u explain how he may come under a curse? Shalom.
Re: Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? by Nobody: 11:06am On May 22, 2013
ogeelove:

I am intrigued by the bolded, can u explain how he may come under a curse? Shalom.

Because Tithing is going back under the Law.

"For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." - Galatians 3:10

3 Likes

Re: Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? by OmoPastor(m): 11:08am On May 22, 2013
[size=48pt]SHOULD YOU STUDY YOUR BIBLE?[/size]

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2013
We can all sit back under our phariseetical garb and proclaim restitution, tell the truth and leave the outcome to God, but such advice betray hypocrisy bc how many of us can really do that? As if we don't know how the job market is worldwide today.

The OP needs sincere advice and not phariseetical ones. I advice you, OP, to take out time and seek God on what to do. The Lord direction may vary: he may say restitute, he may say do not. Most importantly let him lead U.

I would advice that you see a respected Xtian leader, a Pastor, friend or even Parent and share it with them. They see U physically and can identify firsthand how it feels wearing those shoes.

As for tithing, there is no evidence in the NT you expected to tithe as a Christian. You may study the website below to find out.

I wish U the best and do tell us how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? by JesusisLord85: 12:26pm On May 22, 2013
Only the Levite Priest (i.e. the sons of Aaron) were permitted (among other things) to collect tithes. Is your pastor a Son of Aaron?
Secondly, tithes were ALWAYS produce, and NOT money. And let em tell you, they had money in those days. Abraham bought the field with money. All men were required to contribute a fixed amount to upkeep of temple, and THAT too was money. The 'tithe' was not.

However, it is good to give. 10% is nothing. Give an offering to the Lord. And please, stop calling it your 'seed'. Give with a cheerful heart and expect nothing in return. had God not done enough for you already. The reason your pastors in Nigeria continue to con you is because you claim to be Christians, and yet, very few of you have read the whole bible. You ought to be like scribes. "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" 2 Timothy 2:15

Read and let no man decieve you. If your preacher is a false teacher, you would know it because you know the word. And if he is indeed, you must warn him. If he continues, you expose him. This is what Paul would do. Remember, God also punished those who permitted wrongdoings.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Do I Continue To Pay My Tithe?? by ApostlePat: 12:52pm On May 22, 2013
frosbel:

Because Tithing is going back under the Law.

"For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." - Galatians 3:10

I hope your judaizer frds on dis forum will understand this truth one day.keep d fire burnin

(1) (Reply)

Isnt It Unfair That Good Non Christians Wont Make Heaven? / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Sunday 30th June, 2013 Any Credit With God? By Pastor / Understanding The Bible And Quran That You Are Reading!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.