Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,385 members, 7,846,630 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges (23293 Views)

Globalisation Of Boko Haram: Nigerian Minister Warns The West Faces A New Terror / New Terror Group Emerges / FG Launches Offensive On New Terror Sect, JAMBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by Nobody: 1:38am On May 26, 2013
As the country grapples with the terror activities of the fundamentalist Boko Haram sect, another terror group, Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa, has emerged.

Our correspondents gathered that the new sect also has a strong presence in Niger Republic.

Currently, two terrorist groups exist in Nigeria — Boko Haram and Jama’atu Ansarul Muslimina fi Biladis Sudan.

SUNDAY PUNCH reports that there are fears in security circles that MOJAO may infiltrate the country due to the porous nature of Nigeria’s borders.

Minister of Interior, Mr. Abba Moro, had last week said there were 1,497 illegal routes into the country.

MOJAO, a splinter group of the international terror group, al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, is after military operatives and facilities of countries that are complementing France’s efforts in quelling terrorists’ insurgency in Mali.

Besides Niger, Nigeria, Chad and Bukina Faso are involved in military operations in Mali.

On Thursday, the Jihadist group claimed responsibility for a twin suicide bombing attack at the Nigerian/Nigerien border.

No fewer than 26, mostly Nigerien soldiers, were killed and about 30 injured, in the multiple attacks.

MOJAO spokesman, Abu Walid Sahraoui, said the attacks were targeted at “the enemies of Islam.”

“We attacked Niger Republic because of its co-operation with France in the war against Sharia,” he added.

A highly placed security official told one of our correspondents that the group had been in existence since 2011.

According to the official, who pleaded anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on the subject, MOJAO poses a threat to Nigeria’s security.

He said, “We now have to prevent them from infiltrating Nigeria; we have enough Boko Haram challenges. Don’t forget that members of Boko Haram, who were dislodged from Sambisa Games Reserve and other camps in Borno State fled to neigbouring states and the Niger Republic. So many of them from Abadan, Malam Fatori and other villages, are now refugees in Difa, Niger Republic. They can decide to pitch tents with MOJAO.

“MOJAO has attacked barracks in Niger, which is similar to what Boko Haram does in Nigeria. This new group may want to do the same in here majorly because we are also involved in the Malian operation — which is one of their grievances.

“They are also likely to target our soldiers at the border.”

When SUNDAY PUNCH contacted the Director of Defence Information, Brig.-Gen Chris Olukolade, on Friday about the threat of the new group, he said efforts were on to sensitise all military formations across the country to exhibit a high level of alertness.

Olukolade said the Nigerian troops were at the border with Niger in line with the military’s decision.

He said, “Our troops are everywhere. They have been at the border since the beginning of the operation.

“Military formations are being sensitised on the need to maintain a high level of alertness in all locations whether or not they are involved in any operation or exercises.

“The public is implored to be vigilant and ensure that they report all suspicious movements or activities to security agencies promptly.”

President Goodluck Jonathan had on May 14, 2013, during a national broadcast, declared a state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states.

This was in response to the activities of suspected terrorists in North-Eastern part of Nigeria.

Some sections of Nigeria’s border with Niger pass through Yobe and Borno states.

Meanwhile, Adamawa State has begun the registration of residents of communities in its domain as a precautionary step against infiltration by militants fleeing military bombardment in Borno State.

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that holders of the traditional titles of Sarkin Matasa (youth leaders) in communities across the state were driving the project.

A military source in the state said, “Adamawa State through the emirate council has introduced a house-to-house count of people in the state. This is to enable all wards leaders to know the exact number of persons per household and to check infiltrators in Borno.”

The source, who pleaded anonymity, added that suspected Boko Haram members, who had fled northern Borno, were regrouping at Zumo area of Song Local Government Area of Adamawa State.

The area is believed to have a difficult topography comprising mountains, rocks, and thick forest that extends to the country’s northern border with Cameroon.

The Director, Press and Public Relations of the Adamawa State Government House, Mr. Ahmad Sajoh, confirmed the development.

He said, “What is happening is part of our pro-active measures to mitigate the effects of the state of emergency. The Sarkin Matasa, who are traditional title holders in the state’s Emirate Council, will mobilise people to be pro-active.

“What they are doing is to encourage the people to open registers, either in writing or using indigenous methods, to keep track of residents of a given area.

“You know, counter-insurgency cannot succeed without security winning the hearts and minds of the people. With this method, the people will know one another better and will be able to account for members of the community, in case they go out and do not return.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/new-terror-group-emerges/
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by ChimaAdeoye: 2:46am On May 26, 2013
Very very Good.
We actually expect 2 groups.
One headed by Oga Buhari,that will slaughter the baboons and the other one owned by oga Tinubu to slaughter the dogs. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by Codedrock(m): 7:25am On May 26, 2013
Then amma say they are highly welcome to the land of terrorism and bombings.
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by Nobody: 11:41am On May 26, 2013
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by vanbonattel: 11:42am On May 26, 2013
This is good, some sections of the country cannot afford to live without bathing in blood. It is their nature. One Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by Nobody: 11:44am On May 26, 2013
hmmmm. Sounds pretty interesting and to think that they kill in the name of allah makes it more interesting.

5 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by collynzo2(m): 11:44am On May 26, 2013
According to the official, who pleaded
anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on the subject
Punch continues to insult our intelligence

2 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by shyvicky: 11:44am On May 26, 2013
ok its time to engage our soldiers,i feel that since the civil war,they have been idle,flogging innocent citizens,and punishing corps members,let them do their work now,i also acknowledge the good work they are doing in the north,more grease to ur elbow

9 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by Sicozone(m): 11:45am On May 26, 2013
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by moshoodn(m): 11:45am On May 26, 2013
They shouldn't just proceed within three-mile radius of the Nigerian border..

Anyways, if they decide to advance, I'm confident in the JTF..

Nigeria will stay afloat her enemies!!

3 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by ksam(m): 11:47am On May 26, 2013
Hmmmmmmn!!! Another terrorIst group again,,,still formed by Islamic sect...na wa o
nw i understand the peace they are talking about....

1 Like

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by EzePromoe: 11:47am On May 26, 2013
Almost sounds like MOJO

4 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by omaigala(m): 11:47am On May 26, 2013
IMO, I'd rather, the whole northern elders
should come together and delegate people to
meet with boko haram an1mals, tell them that
evangelism only succeed through good deeds
and acts, through standard life styles...
Let them know that verbal and peaceful jihad
(evangelism) by talking to people one on one,
through various media will yield more.
How can they kill people whom they haven't
even preach to before?
Thank God I am a christian... Infact, those
boko demons are delusional.

11 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by Cheggoon(m): 11:47am On May 26, 2013
Hmmmmm comment later
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by Nobody: 11:48am On May 26, 2013
collynzo2: Punch continues to insult our intelligence

Yeah bro, Journalism, in comformity to the current trends, is now driven by the lust for profit.
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by vanbonattel: 11:53am On May 26, 2013
omaigala:
IMO, I'd rather, the whole northern elders
should come together and delegate people to
meet with boko haram an1mals, tell them that
evangelism only succeed through good deeds
and acts, through standard life styles...
Let them know that verbal and peaceful jihad
(evangelism) by talking to people one on one,
through various media will yield more.
How can they kill people whom they haven't
even preach to before?
Thank God I am a christian... Infact, those
boko demons are delusional.

They need to buy bibles and share to these boko people, only the word of God can set them free, the Truth.

1 Like

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by achi4u(m): 11:55am On May 26, 2013
MOJAO are highly welcome to our already disfigured country.

but let their bombing remain where it suppose to be....
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by 360command: 11:59am On May 26, 2013
Okay now! I am ready to sign up to become a soldier for the Nigerian govt so as to fight this new group. PM me if you need my service .

Ps: I have served in the liberian war as part of the mobile infantry in 90s-92. I went to sierra leaone in 94 as part of the UN -AU troops where I served under the disarm unit. In 97, I went to Somalia as a mercenary to rescue foreign workers held in somalia. I went to cote d'ivoire in 2004 to finalize a peace deal. Right now, I am idle and I need work with my hands and legs.
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by Kslib(m): 12:01pm On May 26, 2013
Hmmmn,ok ooohhh!! Weda na MOJO abi na blue film be una name,make una no dare smell Nigeria cos if una try am ehn,we go just invade Niger and colonise una in 3 days.. Whick kain see finish be dis one sef,una tink say boko haram pass our military power? Na just cos dem dey hide under civilians dats why we dey try minimize the damage..
MOJO!! MOJO!! MOJO!! How many times did i call you.. I just pity the people of Niger cos na dier life una dey endanger. If una try pim for naija,walahi una country go become "VALLEY OF DRY BONES",una body kuku dey before,so the right word to use should be "VALLEY OF POWDERED BONES"..
Stupid goats wey never chop bellefun wan begin fight for one allah wey no even know say animals like una dey exist..
ISLAM!! ISLAM!! ISLAM!!! How many times did i call you? Which kain religion be dis one sef? Haba,the damage wey dis religion don cause this world is too much. After una go begin call am "Religion of peace",which kain peace be dat one sef? Una go dey say "these terrorists do not understand islam" BUT you go see person wey don study quaran for 40 years dey carry weapon attack people. so una mean say for all those years,the person no still understand quaran? Abegi,make una go siddon..
Why e be say no xtian don misunderstand bible to the extent of carrying weapons and killing for christ.. If una know say una wan go sleep with 72virgins,den make una come out worldwide like real men and declare battle without hiding,i SWEAR,IN JUST ONE WEEK,JUST ONE WEEK ISLAM WILL BE HISTORY AND EVERYBODY WILL REST.. RELIGION OF P*SS.. Even king of swaizaland sef don Bleep wetin pass 72virgins for earth here.. Some stupid aboki wey dey impotent,d ones wey dey release wen dem see breasts and d wan wey no get prick wan Bleep 72virgins..lmao

25 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by vanbonattel: 12:02pm On May 26, 2013
360command: Okay now! I am ready to sign up to become a soldier for the Nigerian govt so as to fight this new group. PM me if you need my service .

Ps: I have served in the liberian war as part of the mobile infantry in 90s-92. I went to sierra leaone in 94 as part of the UN -AU troops where I served under the disarm unit. In 97, I went to Somalia as a mercenary to rescue foreign workers held in somalia. I went to cote d'ivoire in 2004 to finalize a peace deal. Right now, I am idle and I need work with my hands and legs.

Na this kain person dey join bad group, trained and dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by pappythinko(m): 12:02pm On May 26, 2013
Why worry when you can put things in place, thingx dt would counter any threat posed by impending insurgence. fix the porous borders, tell the soldiers what to do then, news like this would never send shock waves down the spine of many Nigerians.It is the audience they keep giving this terror groups that made them to wax stronger all the time. The lord ix our shield and our buckler, no evil fashion against Nigerians shall prosper anymore.. Happy sunday to all xtain brethren.

1 Like

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by ksam(m): 12:02pm On May 26, 2013
Aro Okigbo:

You are looking for a BAN on Nairaland.
God never gave us Islam.
Mohammed and allah did!!
nothing happened without the approval of God.. If saying the truth will lead to me being banned,,, SO BE IT..
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by Lateef9961(m): 12:03pm On May 26, 2013
Wat x africa turning 2 nw? Am a muslim and jihad doesnt say u shld gve islam by force. Must islam be forcd on people? ANIMALX

1 Like

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 26, 2013
Nigeria just doesn't have to split up.

the whole world should!

according to religion!

be like I go soon get valid excuse to go America! I go say na asylum things. grin

2 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by colombiana: 12:10pm On May 26, 2013
Why can't this people stop fighting for their god is he dat powerless well my God say we should stand still and leave the battle to him we aint bothered anyway as far as u kip ur bombings in the north. Pls try bomb warri
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by collynzo2(m): 12:12pm On May 26, 2013
Lateef9961: Wat x africa turning 2 nw? Am a muslim and jihad doesnt say u shld gve islam by force. Must islam be forcd on people? ANIMALX
You are not a real muslim then.

5 Likes

Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by brixton: 12:16pm On May 26, 2013
We need to stop givn ds nonentities any form of publicise...
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by try69: 12:27pm On May 26, 2013
I can categorically say a new form of arab controlled Black modern day slave trend is fast becoming topical these days.
Re: MOJAO: A New Terror Group Emerges by solomon111(m): 12:27pm On May 26, 2013
I think we may have to set up a few military bases in Niger-republic to counter these terrorists before they enter our country.
Btw,what is the US base there for?
Is it just to gather intelligence and leave?
Why are they not helping Niger-republic ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Speakership: Lagos, South-west Reps May Dump Gbajabiamila For Wase / Ibrahim Yakubu Lame Dies / Edo Govt Mourns 11 Travellers Killed In Benin-Lagos Expressway Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.