Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,739 members, 7,837,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT (1281 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:14pm On May 26, 2013
I just finished reading this thread,(https://www.nairaland.com/1301528/how-long-lived-diaspora-when)!looking at some of the post by Nigerians in diaspora I am not surprised.

Most of them see Nigeria as poo, a nation filled with so many problems Ranging from infrastructure to prevalence of corruption, truth be told they are not far from the fact.

It saddens me how our valuable minds and talents are out there building the economies of other nations while their's is in penury.

I understand you want a better life for You and your kids, and the fact you are in a place where everything works...and all gives You joy... This I can live with, infact I am happy for you, but to insult my nation and look down on her citizen Because of the challenges and obstacles we face as a nation is something I seriously detest, plus the fact you are A Nigerian adds salt to the injury..

I am a Nigerian, a very proud one, not just for what she is presently but for what she will soon become.

Nigeria is a work in progress, it's either you choose to be a driver of this progress or run for shelter in the comfortable life the diaspora presents. The choice is yours.

As for me I intend to be among those who will redefine her future. My personal motto as a young Nigerian is "never seek the easy way out, do the hardwork".

One of my key life's work is to make her a force to be reckoned with in the committee of nations in all ramifications economically and ethically. I once told my parents, if having a nice car, living in the best house, with a beautiful wife, lovely kids, and a well paying job, is my purpose in life I better die.

I will be leaving soon for the US, but have no intention of building a life there, am just going there to build my knowledge base, get more exposure to add to the one I already have and form relationships that will help me on my life's mission.

Nigeria needs me, I will pay the price to build a nation where the next generation will be proud off. I will not seek the easy way out by running off to another nation, whose parent's have already built in blood and sweat.

I'll face big challenges down the line, even my fellow Nigerians will turn against me, but I will stand undeterred by his grace. I'll scale through Definitely

Nigeria is a work in progress, my work in progress.

As for the diasporans who never intend to come back to add value to the land of their father's, for Whatever Reasons, trust me you will not be missed... Enjoy Your Beautiful and very lovely life [/font]

#Matthew Briggs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Acidosis(m): 10:52pm On May 26, 2013
(Don't know if I'm derailing)

One thing is sure.. You can never be 'here' & be 'there' at the same time. There are 196 countries in the world and 3400 major cities in the world. It means you cannot even tour the whole world before you die if you decide to spend one night of your life in one village/town/city. U.S.A alone has over 27,000 places. smiley

Life is about fullfilment smiley

If you find rest and fullfilment in Nigeria, then stay back and live your short life (many have less than 80years to live; don't waste time).

What more do we even have to enjoy in the world other than what we've been seeing? (car, money, marriage, children, houses) what more?

The only thing worth fighting for is the immaterial - fulfillment!

Fulfillment will make garri and groundnut sustain a man for 12hours while smilling like he won a lottery. While the other man will cry for MORE after eating two fat laps of chicken.

We all cannot live in America, Germany, Togo, France, Pluto, Mercury etc...

Its all about fulfillment.. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by An0nimus: 11:13pm On May 26, 2013
This post has been modified.
Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by rafcrown(m): 6:03am On May 27, 2013
[quote]I will be leaving soon for the US, but have no intention of building a life there, am just going there to build my knowledge base, get more exposure to add to the one I already have and form relationships that will help me on my life's mission/quote].

TILL U GET THERE AND TILL U RETURN.
Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:26am On May 27, 2013
^^^^
I have gone there periodical For Holidays, Just this time I will be staying much longer. My returning is not an issue cos, I have seen the difference in both worlds. That wide difference is one of the fuels, that power my resolve for this country. The Abraham Lincoln, the George Washington did the hard work for the US. I will do mine.
Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:39am On May 27, 2013
Acidosis: (Don't know if I'm derailing)

One thing is sure.. You can never be 'here' & be 'there' at the same time. There are 196 countries in the world and 3400 major cities in the world. It means you cannot even tour the whole world before you die if you decide to spend one night of your life in one village/town/city. U.S.A alone has over 27,000 places. smiley

Life is about fullfilment smiley

If you find rest and fullfilment in Nigeria, then stay back and live your short life (many have less than 80years to live; don't waste time).

What more do we even have to enjoy in the world other than what we've been seeing? (car, money, marriage, children, houses) what more?

The only thing worth fighting for is the immaterial - fulfillment!

Fulfillment will make garri and groundnut sustain a man for 12hours while smilling like he won a lottery. While the other man will cry for MORE after eating two fat laps of chicken.

We all cannot live in America, Germany, Togo, France, Pluto, Mercury etc...

Its all about fulfillment.. smiley

Very true life is a about fulfilment, and one can be fulfilled in Nigeria or in the diaspora, in good or bad Condition. We have the right to purse fulfilment, In whatever Country Or Condition. What I am simply against Is Nigerians in diaspora who insult and belittle their nation for what ever reason, a land where the fulfilment of mine and millions of hard-working Nigerians lie.

Most of us are happy here, a place where our impact will be more felt, a Place That Need Us, A place we are treated like a first class citizen.
For whatever reason you refuse to comeback, Just have it at the back of your mind, you will never be missed by Nigeria or Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by 2legit2qwt: 7:23am On May 27, 2013
Matthew briggs:
My personal motto as a young Nigerian is "never seek the easy way out, do the hardwork"
[size=15pt]I will be leaving soon for the US[/size], but have no intention of building a life there, am just going [/font]

#Matthew Briggs.

I was gonna say so much but changed my mind upon reading the highlighted, the 'hardwork' should be you doing whatever you wanna do in Nigeria instead of traveling to the US. I'm glad you believe so much in Nigeria, but you should practice what you preach by handling your business in Nigeria.

As for those who you supposedly believe don't wanna come back, remember human migration has always existed and will continue to be. If Nigeria was to magically become America tomorrow, people will still migrate.

I believe people shouldn't bring down the name but you gotta understand people have different reasons for leaving, usually bad ones.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Naijalastborn(m): 7:30am On May 27, 2013
Nigeria is my Home Country, Even if i have to leave here someday, i am not vacating my home permanently, I will surely come Back and Contribute my part to the Development of my Home. For those who are in Diaspora please never say anything bad about our country, I believe our elders favourite "Nigeria Will be Better" in which that Day is so Near.

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Matthewbriggs(m): 12:37pm On May 27, 2013
2legit2qwt:

I was gonna say so much but changed my mind upon reading the highlighted, the 'hardwork' should be you doing whatever you wanna do in Nigeria instead of traveling to the US. I'm glad you believe so much in Nigeria, but you should practice what you preach by handling your business in Nigeria.

As for those who you supposedly believe don't wanna come back, remember human migration has always existed and will continue to be. If Nigeria was to magically become America tomorrow, people will still migrate.

I believe people shouldn't bring down the name but you gotta understand people have different reasons for leaving, usually bad ones.

I have overtime learnt to work not just "HARD" but "SMART" FYI I handle my business here, and will Continue to, I will be a buffoon to think the exposure and connection i will acquire over there, will not be of value when i come back home.

I am not against those who choose to stay away, but those who bash Nigeria... instead of contributing the little they can to improve the affairs of this nation, that's what that thread stand for If you read it very carefully.

For those who choose to stay over their I wish them well, Not everyone Will Find fulfillment here like I Have Already said, But they should never in turn slag their contemporaries who are trying to build a nation they left behind With Their blood and sweat, or think they will be missed.

That's what I am trying to achieve via my thread. Not what you are implying
Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by zentarr(m): 12:50pm On May 27, 2013
Matthew briggs: I just finished reading this thread,(https://www.nairaland.com/1301528/how-long-lived-diaspora-when)!looking at some of the post by Nigerians in diaspora I am not surprised.

Most of them see Nigeria as poo, a nation filled with so many problems Ranging from infrastructure to prevalence of corruption, truth be told they are not far from the fact.

It saddens me how our valuable minds and talents are out there building the economies of other nations while their's is in penury.

I understand you want a better life for You and your kids, and the fact you are in a place where everything works...and all gives You joy... This I can live with, infact I am happy for you, but to insult my nation and look down on her citizen Because of the challenges and obstacles we face as a nation is something I seriously detest, plus the fact you are A Nigerian adds salt to the injury..

I am a Nigerian, a very proud one, not just for what she is presently but for what she will soon become.

Nigeria is a work in progress, it's either you choose to be a driver of this progress or run for shelter in the comfortable life the diaspora presents. The choice is yours.

As for me I intend to be among those who will redefine her future. My personal motto as a young Nigerian is "never seek the easy way out, do the hardwork".

One of my key life's work is to make her a force to be reckoned with in the committee of nations in all ramifications economically and ethically. I once told my parents, if having a nice car, living in the best house, with a beautiful wife, lovely kids, and a well paying job, is my purpose in life I better die.

I will be leaving soon for the US, but have no intention of building a life there, am just going there to build my knowledge base, get more exposure to add to the one I already have and form relationships that will help me on my life's mission.

Nigeria needs me, I will pay the price to build a nation where the next generation will be proud off. I will not seek the easy way out by running off to another nation, whose parent's have already built in blood and sweat.

I'll face big challenges down the line, even my fellow Nigerians will turn against me, but I will stand undeterred by his grace. I'll scale through Definitely

Nigeria is a work in progress, my work in progress.

As for the diasporans who never intend to come back to add value to the land of their father's, for Whatever Reasons, trust me you will not be missed... Enjoy Your Beautiful and very lovely life [/font]

#Matthew Briggs.

1000 likes.
Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 27, 2013
Those who choose to remain outside Nigeria will also not miss Nigeria, or whatever it was that reinforced their decisions to leave in the first instance.

And that's FACT too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:19pm On May 27, 2013
Siena: Those who choose to remain outside Nigeria will also not miss Nigeria, or whatever it was that reinforced their decisions to leave in the first instance.

And that's FACT too.

One thing is certain, the reason that re-enforced, their leaving will be fixed to a large extent by our generation. And like mind like me will be etched in sands of time of this nation.

The last thing we expect from you guys is to miss Us and Nigeria, or even been Nigerian. All we want from you guys is to Keep representing us positively and excelling in your careers not the reverse, the change in perception about Nigeria as a whole is something we will really appreciate, than bashing our little efforts To Make Nigeria better... Reach for the stars Nigerians in diaspora your success rubs off on Nigeria as a whole...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 27, 2013
How old are you OP? You speak from both sides of your mouth. First Nigerians in diaspora would not be missed and you then want our successes to rub off on Nigerians as a whole?
Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:55pm On May 27, 2013
calebo101: How old are you OP? You speak from both sides of your mouth. First Nigerians in diaspora would not be missed and you then want our successes to rub off on Nigerians as a whole?

LOL cheesy ... angry, Try to digest my posts on this thread, before you comment SIR.
Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Nobody: 1:17am On May 28, 2013
You are right.. collectively Nigerians abroad might not be missed.. but their money will be missed though...I think we can bought agree on that...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Matthewbriggs(m): 2:46am On May 28, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
You are right.. collectively Nigerians abroad might not be missed.. but their money will be missed though...I think we can bought agree on that...

LOL yea, I quite agree... I will be a buffoon not to know that Diasporans contribute to the Nigerian economy One way Or The other. If you read my post so far...my statement is more targeted to diasporans who add no value to Nigeria but find joy in bashing her in the slightest opportunity... which is like insulting your brother in your father house because you are living with a rich uncle... To me that is sick.

But on a side note, your Nigerian brothers care about the money more than they do for the source.#fact

Long story short if you want to be missed or leave a legacy which you Will be remembered... as you build you lives over there remember with great power(affluence, knowledge, exposure) comes great responsibility... you don't have to be based here to contribute towards nation building, even your comments on social media can go a long way in putting some people on there toes... let your words inspire people at home, instead of demoralizing them... build Nigeria with words instead of tearing her down.

Have a wonderful life.
Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Nobody: 3:15am On May 28, 2013
^^^^^^I tend to believe that everyone does his or her part in the nation building thing...The Nigerian abroad sending

money back home to build the economy....The Nigerian abroad not sending anything but insults home to motivate the people

and shame the government...everything has its place...like you said "which is like insulting your brother in your father

house because you are living with a rich uncle." the brother in the father's house could use the insults as motivation

and work hard to get rich and get his own place...and after he becomes rich he can turn around and began hurtling

insults back at the one living with the uncle...that would also motivate the brother living with the uncle to work hard

and become richer than the other brother so he in turn can also hurtle insults back at him...see how that works?

insults have there place
everything is just fine....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:45pm On May 28, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
^^^^^^I tend to believe that everyone does his or her part in the nation building thing...The Nigerian abroad sending

money back home to build the economy....The Nigerian abroad not sending anything but insults home to motivate the people

and shame the government...everything has its place...like you said "which is like insulting your brother in your father

house because you are living with a rich uncle." the brother in the father's house could use the insults as motivation

and work hard to get rich and get his own place...and after he becomes rich he can turn around and began hurtling

insults back at the one living with the uncle...that would also motivate the brother living with the uncle to work hard

and become richer than the other brother so he in turn can also hurtle insults back at him...see how that works?

insults have there place
everything is just fine....

I know the kind of insults you are talking about... that type that spur people to take action but to be sincere that's not the type I see on Nairaland.

It's like were we have constructive and destructive criticisms. The ones on Nairaland are destructive insults.

All the same I get your point. wink

(1) (Reply)

Pta Or Bta In Malaysia / Which African Country Can A Nigerian Live Without Much Issues? / OMG! XENOPHOBIA Crisis In South Africa Has Left Nearly 10 Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.