Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

........................ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ........................ (902 Views)

Madonna University Bans Camera Phones / Madonna University School Fees / Madonna University: The Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

........................ by Nobody: 3:05am On May 27, 2013
I recently stumbled upon an article about Madonna University conferring a honarary doctorate on IBB and I decided to find why. My findings revealed that IBB was the first President to promulgate a Decree establishing Private Universities and Madonna was the first private University to be offered a license to operate.

Investigations also revealed that the University had to suspend operations when he stepped down from office, as a result of the toxic political climate during Abacha's regime. The license was later restored in 1999, Babcock and some others joined the fray that same year.

Well this just to set the records straight. Tired of hearing fallacies from Babcock and some people in the southwest saying 'Babcock is the first private university'. Big Fat Lie...it is not. Do your own investigations and please stay away from Wikipedia, anybody can walk in there, edit and dump fallacies, i have also done some editing myself there.

Thank you.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IgboWorldForum/message/57388
http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/2010/06/28/ibb-tasks-youths-on-hardwork-dialogue/
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=405757030810
Re: ........................ by akorlade(m): 6:15am On May 27, 2013
Sorry op heritage university got the first ticket in nigeria. It was own by IBB himself.
Re: ........................ by frodobee: 7:33am On May 27, 2013
akorlade: Sorry op heritage university got the first ticket in nigeria. It was own by IBB himself.

yea, but madonna was the first. Check ur facts dear. Am not affiliated to any anyway.

1 Like

Re: ........................ by tobezekiel(f): 2:07pm On May 27, 2013
Madonna ke? I thought IUO was the 1st private uni??
Re: ........................ by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 27, 2013
tobezekiel: Madonna ke? I thought IUO was the 1st private uni??

write it in full abeg..which one b IUO or whatever.

members of this thread, what matters is not the first to be founded, but the best..if a private univ is established toay and it is more equipped than UI that was founded before independence..i would advice admission seekers to go there. Stop this nonsense about which was first established! trash!

1 Like

Re: ........................ by Johnnyhoo(m): 11:42pm On May 27, 2013
na babcock,since 1959
Re: ........................ by Nobody: 12:01am On May 29, 2013
Well this thread is not about the most equipped university. Its about the first private university, Babcock or any other University can claim to be the best..that's not the issue, but they should stop parading themselves as the premier private university and stick to the truth. They could describe themselves as the first Adventist university..for all i care, but generalizing their status and rewriting history shouldn't be part of their course curriculum. I don't have anything against them, but it is a Christian-based Institution and should endeavor to tell their students simple truths. Finito
Re: ........................ by tobezekiel(f): 2:53pm On May 29, 2013
maxwello.yg:

write it in full abeg..which one b IUO or whatever.

members of this thread, what matters is not the first to be founded, but the best..if a private univ is established toay and it is more equipped than UI that was founded before independence..i would advice admission seekers to go there. Stop this nonsense about which was first established! trash!
IGBENEDION UNIVERSITY OKADA
Re: ........................ by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 29, 2013
tobezekiel: IGBENEDION UNIVERSITY OKADA
Igbins started their university in a hotel in 1999. go figure
Re: ........................ by tobezekiel(f): 3:02pm On May 30, 2013
oh1 ok..

(1) (Reply)

This Is First Of Its Kind In Nigeria For ICAN & Accounting Students / We’ll Soon End ASUU Strike / 2014/2015 PTDF Scholarship (Msc And Phd)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.