Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,794 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam (19953 Views)

A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective / Muslims Against Terror Offers $10,000 For Info On Boko Haram and Its Leader / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 31, 2013
Abdul Adam56: 1) ISLAM: There is no compulsion in religion.
BOKO HARAM: Everyone must adhere to our ways else…
2) ISLAM: Love all and be just to all regardless of religion.
BOKO HARAM: If you are not with us you are against us.
3) ISLAM: Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) lived with peaceful Christians and Jews as his neighbours.
BOKO HARAM: All non-Muslims mustleave the North.
4) ISLAM: You are only permitted toprotect yourselves when you are attacked first. And you should retaliate justly but when u gain an upper hand, u shld better forgive and leave everything to Allah.
BOKO HARAM: We attack all who stand in our way
5) ISLAM: A true Muslim is one fromwhose tongue and hands his community is safe.
BOKO HARAM: We do not care your religion. Muslim or Christian we will crush any who stands in our way.
6) ISLAM: Killing of innocent souls is a great sin. No human being has theright to take life except through thedue process of the Law.
BOKO HARAM: Allah will understand.He will not punish us.
7) ISLAM: During war, non-combatant women and children must not be touched. Talk less of peace time.
BOKO HARAM: We kill men, women and children.
ISLAM: At war time, all non-Muslims that run into their places of worship ortheir homes will not be harmed. Talk less of peace time.
BOKO HARAM: We bomb non-Muslims in their places of worship. We also kill Muslims in theirmosques and homes if we feel theyare a threat to us.
So who really are these people withwarped ideologies and intents?
I may not know what they are really out to achieve but I do know for sure they do not represent Islam. Rather, they are acting contrary to it's most sublime teachings: peaceful advocacy.
Of course, Islam strongly disapproves of corruption and incapable leadership!
LET'S WORK TOGETHER, REGARDLESS OF TRIBE AND RELIGION TO PROVIDEA BETTER TOMORROW FOR ALL. May Allah help us all

Ya rit... Oh pleaseeee
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by habayommy: 6:07pm On May 31, 2013
4djustnation:
This is no basis for this in Islam. If you have your reference please quote it.

[size=15pt]Sura 47:4[/size].
Maybe I'm the one misinterpretating that verse or Allah was speaking in parables undecided
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 31, 2013
keni:

Are you now saying Adolf Hitler is not a christian or what?
oga answer me na? I ask first.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by malabite3: 6:24pm On May 31, 2013
keni:

Are you now saying Adolf Hitler is not a christian or what?

Adolf Hitler Ѡåƨ an atheist.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Rexyl(m): 7:24pm On May 31, 2013
Christianity is not about hunting for soul to bring it down but it is all about the message of true love, enduring peace and word of life. Anything outside this is being influenced by deception of devil that brings destruction.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by kulgee001(m): 8:27pm On May 31, 2013
tex baba: Good stuff tho! But the dilema is that after these their henious acts, hey still go to the mosques to pray and the imams will not preach against them. hence tho they do not represents Mohammed's kind of islam, they are however accepted into the fold. what are we saying; good muslims should speak out, condemn them openly nd let it get to their consciousness that they are betraying pure islam. else what u are saying here makes no meaning to us non-muslims.

You do not go to a mosque. How do you know what is preached or not preached in the mosques?
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Misterc(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2013
Rajosh: Mtchew. The difference is just on paper not in reality.
They know what they aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ doin... Leave this people alone... As if the Boko Haram and тнє muslims are not fighting for тнє same course... How many times have they attacked тнє mosques and Islamists?
Or is Tнєяє any Christian funding their stupid missions? Mpteeeeeew....
Boko Haram and Islam are same people... Shikena!!

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by touchmeder: 8:51pm On May 31, 2013
Please go and preach this in the mosque around the country starting with the North. You dont even have to preach this in southern Nigeria because most of them know. God bless you as you consider this because minus boko haram small thing those guys up North go just vex begin destroy things
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by maclatunji: 9:01pm On May 31, 2013
Akiika:

You are taking these verses out of context as usual. Did you bother reading the preceding and concluding verses? These were over 1600 years ago when muslims were persecuted on a regular basis. The holy prophet was exiled from his hometown by non-muslims, mainly idolaters because he was preaching islam. All the wars fought were in self defense. Do you honestly think this verse is telling muslims to do just that when they are not under any attack? Look, i can refer you to a lot of violent verses in the various versions of the bible and you'll be agaped. Stop attributing the atrocities of few confused criminals to islam. Isl

Don't bother with him. He is a copy and paste artist.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by hikmoj(m): 9:02pm On May 31, 2013
Wuked.P:
Jihad and plenty plenty virgins Nko? Where is dat from?
i just returned home &read dis thread,ur question may b answerd in d nearest future,because i wana treat certain issue on N /land especially misconception about islam.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by hikmoj(m): 9:05pm On May 31, 2013
tex baba: Good stuff tho! But the dilema is that after these their henious acts, hey still go to the mosques to pray and the imams will not preach against them. hence tho they do not represents Mohammed's kind of islam, they are however accepted into the fold. what are we saying; good muslims should speak out, condemn them openly nd let it get to their consciousness that they are betraying pure islam. else what u are saying here makes no meaning to us non-muslims.
most of these extremist hav their mosque they dont just pray any where
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by maclatunji: 9:08pm On May 31, 2013
Misterc:
They know what they aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ doin... Leave this people alone... As if the Boko Haram and тнє muslims are not fighting for тнє same course... How many times have they attacked тнє mosques and Islamists?
Or is Tнєяє any Christian funding their stupid missions? Mpteeeeeew....
Boko Haram and Islam are same people... Shikena!!

@bolded, many times but it is not like you are searching for the truth. You just want to satisfy your urge to say something bad about Islam and Muslims.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by ovo4u(m): 9:31pm On May 31, 2013
And you want us to vbelieve this cra,p?
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Sability(m): 9:58pm On May 31, 2013
gramci: Why do they recite the koran before committing atrocity?
Abeg helep me ask them.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Akiika: 10:02pm On May 31, 2013
alexis:

Stop been ignorant. The Hadith clarifies the context and I will be happy to debate those verses with you for their intended meaning and usage.
OK the knowledgeable one, i'm still waiting for the Hadiths that corroborate killing innocent people. Since you have studied other people's religion so much more than them. Remember to prepare for the defense of the seemingly violent verses in the bible if quoted out of context too, i've got a lot of that. Practise your religion in the way you have understood it and let me do the same, don't try to impose your understanding of my religion on me. Doing that will not make you any different from the the radical muslims we are all condemning.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Mintus(m): 10:09pm On May 31, 2013
hhahahhahahahahhahah...Bleep op.....4 ds rubsh write up.....boko haram r 4rm islam......den wat r d similarites
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by abiodun5348: 10:18pm On May 31, 2013
Reading the only book doesn't mean they understand the meaning of the scripture... There is no single place in the qoran or hadith where it was stated dat muslim can non-muslim nor disturb the society in which they found demself
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by igboboy1(m): 11:49pm On May 31, 2013

Mr abdul actions speaks louder than words....We have heard islam is peace, islam is tolerance, no compulsion in islam for years

1. But in saudi arabia,iran and islamic dominated societies, If you denounce islam (apostacy)you are to be killed. Now is that not contradicting the "compulsion" element you mentioned?

2 I have had the opportunity to visit countries with muslim majority for example in malaysia, the ID has you identify your religion and if you drink during ramadan the religious police arrest you. Now doesnt that contradict your compulsion element?

3. By no means is violence limited to islam. Just 2 days ago in Burma, monks burnt and attacked muslims. In Northern ireland protestants and catholics carry out bombings and killings. However, without sounding biased, the violence related to islam seem to be more omnipresent in the world from America, to Nigeria, to somalia, to britain, to Turkey, to kenya to mali..It is very hard to call these acts of terror a "one time thing" or a one off thing. It is hard to isolate it...DOesnt this seem to contradict the peace element you mentioned? and also the tolerant

4. Why is there such ting as a "fatwa" to begin with in islam? I am against people insulting other peoples religion and so on but why is it that when someone insults islam the answer is fatwa, killing etc? Why cant Allah fight for himself rather than have mere humans do it for him? I think it is insulting to Allah for us humans to claim to be acting on his behalf and yet commit acts so despicable.

5. Why is it so easy to recruit muslims into acts of terror than it is to recruit other adherers of other religions to terror? There are sure terrorists of christain, jewish, Hinduism, buddhist and even traditional extraction (see ombatse in nassarawa). But for some reason the easiest to recruit are always muslim. Why?

Lets have a civiilized and educative discussion with no bashing. I just stated my observations and I believe the observations of billions of non muslims from the traditionalists like me to the christains, the hindus, the buddhists etc

4 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Xfactoria: 12:04am On Jun 01, 2013
Well..my take is that it appears there is something fundamentally wrong about Islam and its ideologies. Those who get fanatical cannot just be dismissed as not knowing what they are doing or that they are making wrong interpretations of the Quran. Osama Bin Laden was well schooled, so this is not about ignorance.

The most disturbing thing about Muslims, especially in Nigeria is that they are so passive about condemning acts of terror perpetrated by people who claim allegiance to their faith. I recall when 9/11 happened in the US, some Muslims (and they were quite a number) celebrated in Kano, Nigeria. What manner of callousness is that? Like somebody mentioned, Muslims should stop telling us that "Islam is for Peace", they should simply live it for people to see. The biggest critics of derailing christian clergies are Christians themselves. Muslims should wake up and use every means possible to condemn violence loudly!!!

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by alexis(m): 12:17am On Jun 01, 2013
Akiika:
OK the knowledgeable one, i'm still waiting for the Hadiths that corroborate killing innocent people. Since you have studied other people's religion so much more than them. Remember to prepare for the defense of the seemingly violent verses in the bible if quoted out of context too, i've got a lot of that. Practise your religion in the way you have understood it and let me do the same, don't try to impose your understanding of my religion on me. Doing that will not make you any different from the the radical muslims we are all condemning.

Common muslim tactic of gearing off in another direction when the topic of violence is brought up in the Quran. Read the title of the thread, did it say "Differences between Boko Haram and Christianity?" or did it say "DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BOKO HARAM AND ISLAM?". Nobody has a problem with your religion, it is your religion that has problems with others. You can BELIEVE IN A STONE, DON'T THROW IT AT OTHERS

It never seizes to amaze me how "muslims" try and justify the legitimization of violence in their religion by dragging other religions into it. Why are you bringing the Bible into it? Is it the Bible that Boko Haram is reading? Remember, if you want to bring Holy Text as comparison, make sure you include the Hindu Holy text, the Buddist Holy text and the 1001 religions of the world. We are all interested on their stand when it comes to violence.

If you can show me (with proof) where Jesus Christ, killed anyone & tortured anyone; I will gladly change my stance on violence on Islam and advocate that it is the most tolerant religion in the world. If you can't, I suggest you keep quiet.

Clearly, Boko Haram, Ansaru, Al Qaelda and the numerous other religious terrorist organizations, seem to UNDERSTAND ISLAM better than you do. I am sure to them - you are not a muslim and I am sure to you, they are not muslims as well. Either way, one of y'all got it twisted and have to figure it out because the whole world clearly sees the UNDERSTANDING that muslims have from the Quran.

If you want me to engage you with the Hadiths, I will be happy to. Don't be self-conceited; some of us have studied the Quran since we were kids mate.

4 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by alexis(m): 12:27am On Jun 01, 2013
abiodun5348: Reading the only book doesn't mean they understand the meaning of the scripture... There is no single place in the qoran or hadith where it was stated dat muslim can non-muslim nor disturb the society in which they found demself

And how much of the Hadith(s) have you read to make such a claim?
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by PECO4KING(m): 12:31am On Jun 01, 2013
In any kind of religion, u will always see bad eggs. Even in police,churches,mosque,government and so on. Because some set of people are bad using God name to commit crime does not mean everyone practising the religion is bad. If truly u are a good chirstain,muslim or any. U don't have to conclude Islam is bad because am sure ur religion will never ask u to judge. Leave everything to God and if u judge u are not following your holy book. Moreso if u judge by critising other religion u are also a boko haram member. Because if u have the power to retaliate u will surely do. God knows best and he will judge right has he promise in the holy books.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by alexis(m): 12:37am On Jun 01, 2013
PECO4KING: In any kind of religion, u will always see bad eggs. Even in police,churches,mosque,government and so on. Because some set of people are bad using God name to commit crime does not mean everyone practising the religion is bad. If truly u are a good chirstain,muslim or any. U don't have to conclude Islam is bad because am sure ur religion will never ask u to judge. Leave everything to God and if u judge u are not following your holy book. Moreso if u judge by critising other religion u are also a boko haram member. Because if u have the power to retaliate u will surely do. God knows best and he will judge right has he promise in the holy books.

You seem to have a birds eye-view of the situation. Simple example, a man rapes an underage girl. What should happen to him under the law? Judgement - he pays for his crimes because what he did is against the law and humanity. If there are no standards by which you can gauge human behavior then we all might as well start living in the bush.

We are all human beings before we are adherents of any religion. CAIN killed ABEL, Cain didn't have a religion but God placed judgement on Him. So, judgement is a natural ordinance to determine our actions and place it in it's proper place.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by beejaay: 6:19am On Jun 01, 2013
Why not check this out.
http://whatiftheyweremuslim.com/

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by ossybluez(m): 7:18am On Jun 01, 2013
2) ISLAM: Love all and be just to all regardless of religion.
BOKO HARAM: If you are not with us you are against us.
3) ISLAM: Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) lived with peaceful Christians and Jews as his neighbours.
BOKO HARAM: All non-Muslims mustleave the North.
4) ISLAM: You are only permitted toprotect yourselves when you are attacked first. And you should retaliate justly but when u gain an upper hand, u shld better forgive and leave everything to Allah.
BOKO HARAM: We attack all who stand in our way
5) ISLAM: A true Muslim is one fromwhose tongue and hands his community is safe.
BOKO HARAM: We do not care your religion. Muslim or Christian we will crush any who stands in our way.
6) ISLAM: Killing of innocent souls is a great sin. No human being has theright to take life except through thedue process of the Law.
BOKO HARAM: Allah will understand.He will not punish us.
7) ISLAM: During war, non-combatant women and children must not be touched. Talk less of peace time.
BOKO HARAM: We kill men, women and children.
ISLAM: At war time, all non-Muslims that run into their places of worship ortheir homes will not be harmed. Talk less of peace time.
BOKO HARAM: We bomb non-Muslims in their places of worship. We also kill Muslims in theirmosques and homes if we feel theyare a threat to us.
So who really are these people withwarped ideologies and intents?
I may not know what they are really out to achieve but I do know for sure they do not represent Islam. Rather, they are acting contrary to it's most sublime teachings: peaceful advocacy.
Of course, Islam strongly disapproves of corruption and incapable leadership!
LET'S WORK TOGETHER, REGARDLESS OF TRIBE AND RELIGION TO PROVIDEA BETTER TOMORROW FOR ALL. May Allah help us all
Pi piiiiiiiii........ Zooooooooooooom!!!! Am in a hurry... L8r tins grin
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by NOLONGTIN1(m): 7:36am On Jun 01, 2013
Bla bla blah........ You should have put in verse in the Koran that backs up ur points, so we could compare it with the verses Al-queda(Terror groups) use to back there's
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by killuminati(m): 8:10am On Jun 01, 2013
Christian folks! Leave Islam and Muslims alone before the wrath of Allah befalls on you.. It's a warning!

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Kcxee(m): 9:10am On Jun 01, 2013
Ayishatreal: smiley smileyHope those that critic Islam and Muslims will clearly understand that what Boko Haram and their accomplices are doing is against Islamic doctrine.

Allah has perfected His religion, no amount of evil acts perpetrated by those who call themselves Muslim can spoil the image of the Religion.

PROUDLY A MUSLIMAH
well iif u nt frm d north u can c islam 4rm a different side bt in d north there are so many things that relate islam to BH because here in d north u deer n enter or visit ur frnd in their house n enter inside as a Christian u r a dead man u dere nt speak to their daughter u will get beaten if their children deer converting they r on their way to theiir graves so many little things u do to a muslim in d north they will kill u no mercy is either u r for them or u are u close to death at anytime so please I don't think islam generally stand out for peace from what I see them doin if dis forum was made in bauchi n owned by a muslim I deer nt Post dis comment or if I do I will remove my pic n any personal info if nt dey go kill me thank u
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Kcxee(m): 9:17am On Jun 01, 2013
killuminati: Christian folks! Leave Islam and Muslims alone before the wrath of Allah befalls on you.. It's a warning!

Just say ur mind....u knw violence is a part of u guys
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Kcxee(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2013
kulgee001:

You do not go to a mosque. How do you know what is preached or not preached in the mosques?

I don't think if a Muslim goes to a mosque he spends upto 30mins then where do u here d preaching 4rm dey don't preach only go there to recite ur crammed prayer shekenan dats all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) / Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.