Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister (1208 Views)

Man Mutilates Mother Body With Axe On New Year’s Eve / Eric Chimezie Sentenced To Death in Malaysia / Nigerian, Eric Chimezie Oluigbo Sentenced To Death In Malaysia 4 Drug Traffickin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister by Abagworo(m): 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
Ogechi, apart from being Chimezie and Ike Osigwe’s younger sister, is also a devotee of Sat Guru Maharaj Ji. According to her, Chimezie introduced both herself and Ike to the One Love Family. While she remains devoted to Maharaj Ji, Ike, she claims, has since abandoned the faith. But that is not the only point of departure for the siblings, she also claims that Ike erred by telling the world that he did not know that his mother had died for 10 years before her mummified body was found in Chimezie’s room.
According to Ogechi, who lives in Maharaj Ji Village, “When my mother, Mrs Lucy Osigwe was going to die, she gave a strong instruction to us that her first son, Bishop Athanisus Osigwe, who lives in the USA, must see her corpse and announce the burial arrangement. But my eldest brother, when he was informed about the mother’s death, said he was not going to have anything to do with the burial because my mother had become a devotee of Guru Maharaaj Ji. So, those of us the children in Nigeria agreed to have the body embalmed.
“Before we embalmed the body, we informed the police and the embalmment was supervised by a police doctor.”
When asked why the brother was arrested by the police since the police had foreknowledge of the embalmment, she said, “Last year (2012) my brother went to the police in Imo State to inform them that we had not buried my mother because we had not heard from our eldest brother concerning the burial of our mother, but he was told that the two officers handling the case had been transferred to Aba in Abia State. My brother traced the two officers and passed the information to them. Therefore, it is a surprise to me that my brother, Chimezie, has been falsely accused and blackmailed as a ritualist.”
On what she had done to set the record straight if she was convinced about her claim, Ogechi said, “I have gone to the Commissioner of Police, Imo State Command and he directed me to the DCP ‘D’ Department. I did not get the response I expected, that is why I petitioned the Inspector General of the Police. I believe the IGP will do the right thing and set my brother free because this is a family decision.”
Speaking on the first daughter, said to be missing, Ogechi said, “Our elder sister, Dorothy, is very much alive and Ike is aware of this. Dorothy is with me at Maharaj Ji Village. She was brought here sick and she is gradually getting better.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/component/k2/item/15147-body-embalmed-for-10-years,-my-story-–maharaj-ji-•embalmment-of-our-mother’s-body,-a-family-decision-–-chimezie’s-sister.html
Re: Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister by Expensive72(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister by Abagworo(m): 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
This thread needs to be moved up so that at least the 1million Nairalanders will know the truth behind this whole saga. This man has suffered from blackmail by his own brothers just because of his choice of worship. Religious intolerance is a very wicked act like racism and tribalism. His brothers including the so-called Reverend father if found culpable should be dealt with accordingly.
Re: Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister by idupaul: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
Abagworo: This thread needs to be moved up so that at least the 1million Nairalanders will know the truth behind this whole saga. This man has suffered from blackmail by his own brothers just because of his choice of worship. Religious intolerance is a very wicked act like racism and tribalism. His brothers including the so-called Reverend father if found culpable should be dealt with.

Were U a withness to the family agreement for the embalment? Because all I see here is elements of Guru Maharaji in a last minute stance to distort the fact.. So now tell me how long where the going to keep their stuffed mum since brother Bishop said he was never gon come and how come the woman was declared missing and not dead ten yers ago
Re: Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister by Abagworo(m): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
idupaul:

Were U a withness to the family agreement for the embalment? Because all I see here is elements of Guru Maharaji in a last minute stance to distort the fact.. So now tell me how long where the going to keep their stuffed mum since brother Bishop said he was never gon come and how come the woman was declared missing and not dead ten yers ago

The woman was not declared missing. The brothers deliberately ignored the news of the death and accused him of killing her. They all knew when she died.
Re: Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister by kufre2010: 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
idupaul:

"“Before we embalmed the body, we informed the police and the embalmment was supervised by a police doctor.”
When asked why the brother was arrested by the police since the police had foreknowledge of the embalmment, she said, “Last year (2012) my brother went to the police in Imo State to inform them that we had not buried my mother because we had not heard from our eldest brother concerning the burial of our mother, but he was told that the two officers handling the case had been transferred to Aba in Abia State"

Idupaul, I think we need to start thinking rationally and do not based our statements on hatred or just because we want to be loved by the majority. U think that by painting anything Gurumaharajji bad u will be love by the people. Remember this was the same mentality people get during the time of Jesus, I think u should analyzed facts very well before voicing out your opinion because anything we say either for or against anybody is written down for us. Remember Jesus told peter to return his sword for he who kill by the sword shall...... So my question for u is was it Gurumaharajji element when the case was reported to the police? Was it Gurumaharajji element when the enbalnment was supervised by police doctor? Was it Gurumaharajji element when they reported to Imo State police command last year that their brother has not come for their mother's burial. Instead of u to ask why a responsible first son who is a bishop will refused to come and buried his mother or why he will refused to look at the mother's corpse, your are here trying to paint Maharajji black. It is time you stop this your bias thinking and look at things the truthful way. Thanks
Re: Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister by kufre2010: 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
k
Re: Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister by Abagworo(m): 8:09am On Jul 07, 2013
I think this topic deserves a front page because this man's image was wrongfully tarnished and requires all efforts to make things a bit clearer.
Re: Embalmment Of Our Mother’s Body, A Family Decision – Chimezie’s Sister by Abagworo(m): 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2013
Abagworo: I think this topic deserves a front page because this man's image was wrongfully tarnished and requires all efforts to make things a bit clearer.

(1) (Reply)

Man Sentenced To 165 Years In Prison For Sexually Abusing Children In Haiti / Okada Man, Housewife Caught Making Love In Bush / Nigerian Lady Beaten Mercilessly On A Bus In London (+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.