Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,381 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Problem You Have With Your Dad: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Problem You Have With Your Dad: (1329 Views)

Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church / Father's Day: What Do You Love Most About Your Dad? / Problem You Have With Your Dad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem You Have With Your Dad: by SeanT21(f): 9:50pm On May 14, 2008
There is nothing to see here abi!!

OLD STORY!!***I dont want it being re-read**
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by iice(f): 4:19am On May 15, 2008
Hmmmmm, nothing really for me. . .am daddy's girl. . .erhh mummy's girl too cheesy
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by 4Him1(m): 4:29am On May 15, 2008
SeanT21:

another thing is, after a long day at school, i will come home from hangin with my friends ready to watch some TV. while watching TV, my dad will come home from work, assuming to himself that i been watching TV for hours and tell me to turn the TV off and do homework after i tell him i have no homework, he says i should read a book, i then tell him that i have no book to read so he could leave me the hell alone, but guess what, he tells me to go and sleep. He will make sure that i do it. Plus if i don't, there is a lot of fighting.

The last but not least is being on the phone. When my friends call the house, my dad gets angry for no reason and tell them that i am not home. He says the phone should be use for business not gossiping.

sounds like you got yourself a great step father there.

What did you say was wrong with him again?
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by mamaput(f): 7:51am On May 15, 2008
you broke the golden rule : dont go shopping with a man no no no, not when its for cloths not even with your mum.
from what i read he is a better dad than many dads.
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by Nobody: 10:10am On May 15, 2008
SeanT21:

I love my step father but he got on my nerves a lot. he had this know all attitude. Is it because he was Ghanaian??

here i go,

when my mom use to take me and my brothers shopping, my step dad will hop along. After 30 minutes in the store, he will get tired and angry and say that we should leave. during the 30 minutes, he will tell me what outfit to pick out knowing that i dint need his help. tell my brothers to buy all the clothes they dint want and getting them mad. After doing that to us, he will tell us to leave early for no reason. i use to be so mad. thank God that i go shopping with my friends now.

Another thing, when i am cooking i love to fry the onions and the pepper in hot oil. my dad says no to that. He will come into the kitchen just seconds after putting the oil on the fire. tell me to empty the pepper and onions in the cold oil. I use to explain to him my way but he insist that i should do it his way. That also use to get me heated

another thing is, after a long day at school, i will come home from hangin with my friends ready to watch some TV. while watching TV, my dad will come home from work, assuming to himself that i been watching TV for hours and tell me to turn the TV off and do homework after i tell him i have no homework, he says i should read a book, i then tell him that i have no book to read so he could leave me the hell alone, but guess what, he tells me to go and sleep. He will make sure that i do it. Plus if i don't, there is a lot of fighting.

The last but not least is being on the phone. When my friends call the house, my dad gets angry for no reason and tell them that i am not home. He says the phone should be use for business not gossiping.

what are some thing ya ll dad/step dad did to you that made you mad??

now my step-dad live in Maryland and i live in North Carolina. we talk on the phone but its strict business. I went to visit him a few months back in his lovely apartment. I had fun. when i graduate from high school in 17 days, i will visit him more often.

u have the problem of a typical 17 yr old. never mind, u'd come round with time
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by mellow(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2008
My Dad? Two things really. May drink no catch stagger go touch im bed, your expenses

you have incurred since you were born will be reviewed. And again make you no do

yuppy go drive any of im cars or,
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by bigfather(m): 6:48pm On May 15, 2008
Always wants things done in his own way but i do have my way at the end of the day ! smiley
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by SeanT21(f): 9:32pm On May 15, 2008
4 Him:

sounds like you got yourself a great step father there.

What did you say was wrong with him again?

he was a great step dad but he always ruin my fun.
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by tRoOE(f): 4:17am On May 16, 2008
Nothing grin grin grin, have never had a people with him before, maybe once for the past 20 something yrs.
daddy girl get away with everything kiss kiss, even when I shouldn't grin grin
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by savanaha: 4:25am On May 16, 2008
I love my dad but when my friends call he always pulls the " I am on the phone." When I tell him that he is not he tells me he is expecting a phone call ,those weird ones that never actually come true, or that my friends who have no manners and home training will not be calling the house if they can't great people properly by saying sir with everyword. I think its quiet funny and typical of Nigerians but not everyone is raised like that, doesn't mean gross disrespect just mere differences in culture.
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by Nobody: 4:45am On May 16, 2008
Too dogmatic for my liking, when he notices how I give him the silent treatment, he tries very hard to become my friend again tongue.
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by Musty450(m): 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2009
@ poster.

he just doing his job, i'm sure your narrative is a bit one sided.
just try to take it easy with him. undecided
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by SeanT21(f): 7:40pm On Apr 14, 2009
Who the hell brought this old ass thread back??This is HISTORY!!

LOL
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2009
SeanT21:

Who the hell brought this old ass thread back??This is HISTORY!!

LOL
rotflmao grin grin
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Topic.
My dad is always preaching to me!! Bur not a problem tho'
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by JustGood(m): 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2009
love my step father but he got on my nerves a lot. he had this know all attitude. Is it because he was Ghanaian??

here i go,

when my mom use to take me and my brothers shopping, my step dad will hop along. After 30 minutes in the store, he will get tired and angry and say that we should leave. during the 30 minutes, he will tell me what outfit to pick out knowing that i dint need his help. tell my brothers to buy all the clothes they dint want and getting them mad. After doing that to us, he will tell us to leave early for no reason. i use to be so mad. thank God that i go shopping with my friends now.

Another thing, when i am cooking i love to fry the onions and the pepper in hot oil. my dad says no to that. He will come into the kitchen just seconds after putting the oil on the fire. tell me to empty the pepper and onions in the cold oil. I use to explain to him my way but he insist that i should do it his way. That also use to get me heated

what are some thing ya ll dad/step dad did to you that made you mad??

now my step-dad live in Maryland and i live in North Carolina. we talk on the phone but its strict business. I went to visit him a few months back in his lovely apartment. I had fun. when i graduate from high school in 17 days, i will visit him more often.

SeanQ, hope you have outgrown this
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2009
Lol.
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by t00cUTE(f): 3:04am On Apr 24, 2009
the fact him and my mum cry re seperated cry cry
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by slimfine(f): 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2009
My dad single handedly raised me as single parent. Love daddy!!! kiss kiss kiss he is da best
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by invisible2(m): 11:02pm On Apr 26, 2009
When dads get strict the kids complain, when he is carefree and the neighborhood complains for the bad children produced.
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 27, 2009
invisible!:

When dads get strict the kids complain, when he is carefree and the neighborhood complains for the bad children produced.
rotflmaooooooooooooooo

DAD
DAD
DAD
DAD

No problem at all lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by Sissy3(f): 12:42am On Apr 27, 2009
invisible!:

then it is time to do everything in moderation undecided
Re: Problem You Have With Your Dad: by Gabry(f): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2009
I never had a problem with my father. When I was young he always brings me to work. He taught me all of his skills at work btu I dont seem to have any interest because to me its a man's job (Welding,m blasting, fitting and etc) but it did not matter to him though. I do know a little still considering he brough me to work from I was a baby till I went to primary school and even in secondary school I would hang out at his work place and even now I treat the aea as my hang out place. We chat chat chat on his breaks, we go home together so yeah, No probs.

(1) (Reply)

I Have A New Baby / Burden Of A Frustrated Single Mom / Obama And Michelle Love Guinness: Happy Home: Pix Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.