Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,457 members, 7,843,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Read This - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Read This (967 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Read This by fataiiyo(m): 11:14am On May 28, 2008
[b]ATTENTION: OPINION PAGE EDITOR
KUDOS TO BAMIRO, U.I V.C OVER REFORM
SUNDAY SAANU
One of the best things that the led could do to the leaders, particularly leaders that are “leading right” is to publicly commend them as such public commendation could propel the praised leaders into wanting to do more. Therefore, it is not out of place to publicly identify the good any leader has done and appreciate because sometimes, when leaders do wrong, we would not forget, but when they do what is right, we hardly remember!

It is against this background that I am compelled to praise the efforts of the vice-chancellor of the University of Ibadan (U.I) Prof. Olufemi Bamiro whose brand of reform is gradually turning the premier University into a paradise. When Prof. Bamiro took over nobody envisaged the kind of a radical reform sweeping across the length and breath of the sprawling ancient campus.

Prof. Bamiro began with the massive road identification project across the campus, putting sign boards in all the roads within the campus. He later moved to the road rehabilitation. Today in U.I, all the roads which were hitherto unmotorable, have been rehabilitated, thereby making driving round much easier.

As if that was a child’s play, Prof. Bamiro picked up the antiquated Trenchard Hall, which has always been serving as a convocation hall. The professor of Technology gave the hall a modern touch – a befitting face life.
Today, Trenchard Hall is a beautiful bride in U.I as it is fully air-conditioned with a stand-by generating set.

What about various toilets ? In the past, one had to cover one’s nose while using the toilets as terrible stench around could precipitate vomiting, but today in U.I, the situation has changed for the better, the toilets are well managed and one could spend more than necessary time there. Trust students, they over-stay in toilets for the sake of writing and reading graffiti, courtesy their V.C’s reform agenda.

One can go on enumerating the achievements of Prof. Bamiro in U.I. within a short time in office. Indeed, his achievements are eloquent testimonies to his visionary and purposeful leadership. His critics have continued to wonder where he is getting money to prosecute all these laudable programmes. The point is, Prof. Bamiro is a highly resourceful person. He does not believe in storm without rain, neither does he tolerate motion without movement.

Students now refer to him as “an Action V.C” because whenever they complaint to his hearing, he personally sees to their needs. Some call him “Mr. Transformation” following how he is fast changing bad situations to good. If only Nigeria leaders, at all levels, can be as pragmatic and sincere as this U.I. V.C, how beautiful would Nigeria be?

Sunday Saanu
sundaysaanu@yahoo.com
University of Ibadan
Dept. of Communication and Language Arts

BAMIRO, U.I V.C COMMENDED OVER CAMPUS REFORM SUNDAY SAANU

University of Ibadan (U.I) vice – chancellor, Professor Olufemi Bamiro has been commended for his various initiatives leading to the tremendous physical transformation and renovation of ageing intrastructive on the campus.

The commendation, coming from both lecturers and non-teaching staff of the community was as a result of unbelievable achievements of the vice-chancellor since he resumed office as many areas which were hitherto eyesorer on campus have been turned around.

For instance, students can now confidently walk into any of their toilets and ease themselves comfortably, unlike in the past when such places were users unfriendly. This feat seems insignificant compared to the renovation of all road networks across the campus which has now made driving around a pleasurable experience.

Leading the commendation, Prof. Festus Adesanoye of the department of communication and language Arts (CLA) said if Prof. Bamiro could maintain the tempo of his developmental efforts, the University will soon become a paradise, thereby regaining the past along as a true citated of learning.

According to Prof. Adesonoye at a part – graduate lecture “this vice-chancellor is really making life more comfortable with all the renovation going on across the University campus. We couldn’t even believe that what Prof. Bamiro is doing now is possible again because the level of decay and neglect is enormour”.

“Indeed, Prof. Bamiro is a visionary leader, a prudent manager and a Godly person who believed that the right thing must be done to get the right result. I can say the University of Ibadan is very luck to have had him as vice-chancellor at this point” Prof. Adesanoye said.

Echoing similar sentiment, a pensioner of the institution, Mr. Isola Bamidele asserted that it was God who sent Prof. Bamiro to the University, adding” I have not seen any vice-chancellor that so much caters for the pensioners as Prof. Bamiro who sensitised us to agitate for our right. Since then, things have been fine with us” Mr Bamidele said.

In her own assessment, Mrs Bolaji Ojo of the Bursary department described Prof. Bamiro as a great leader with an uncommon vision who has transformed U.I better than he met it”. He is really doing well” she added.

According to Mrs Ojo “look at the Trenchard Hall, fully air-conditioned, before Prof. Bamiro came, that palce was not conducive for any large gathering, if you go there now, you don’t want to come out. Prof. Bamiro has turned it to an international center”.

“We pray that God should continue to give him wisdom and strength because he is really doing well” Stressed Mrs Ojo.

Sunday Saanu
sundaysaanu@yahoo.com
University of Ibadan
Dept. of Communication and Language Arts
[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Futa Addmissions / Beauty Pageant / Imo State Post Ume Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.