Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

God Is Partial - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Partial (555 Views)

Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture? / How Many Ppl Belive God Is Partial/biased / Is God Partial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Partial by djkaneo(m): 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
God is not partial u say?.......how then do u explain d case of David, Uriah n Bathsheba (hope I got d names right)......he slept with her and murdered her husband and what did God do to HIM(David himself, not his generations till d end of time)? Lemme tell u....God did nothing.

David counted d Israelites and God started killing them he didn't touch David....WTF....

But somewia in d bible during d time of David, God struck down a man called Uzzah...and what was his great evil that warranted d Almighty killing Uzzah himself? He wanted to steady d ark of God!!!

Uzzah went against God's injunction right......but let's not forget that David did worse.....he ate d Showbread meant for Priests alone and even gave some to his friends and God smiled and said "this is a man after my heart"

so many instances abound in d bible....make una go do una own research like the Bereans and stop being Sunday Sunday medicine Zombie Christians.....Even d bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge".
Re: God Is Partial by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2013
hmmm
Re: God Is Partial by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Mar 27
Re: God Is Partial by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Mar 27
djkaneo:
■ God is not partial u say?.......
■ how then do u explain d case of David, Uriah n Bathsheba (hope I got d names right)......he slept with her and murdered her husband and what did God do to HIM(David himself, not his generations till d end of time)? Lemme tell u....God did nothing. David counted d Israelites and God started killing them he didn't touch David....WTF.... But somewia in d bible during d time of David, God struck down a man called Uzzah...and what was his great evil that warranted d Almighty killing Uzzah himself? He wanted to steady d ark of God!!! Uzzah went against God's injunction right......but let's not forget that David did worse.....he ate d Showbread meant for Priests alone and even gave some to his friends and God smiled and said "this is a man after my heart"
■ so many instances abound in d bible....make una go do una own research like the Bereans and stop being Sunday Sunday medicine Zombie Christians.....Even d bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge".
1. He is not! undecided

2. The key is simple! David had already attained righteousness before he was anointed King of Israel. When God told Samuel that David was a man after His own heart, it had to do with David having attained Righteousness in the sight of God at the time. And God's promises and blessings in His Law apply only to the Righteous — not the unrighteous. So if you go back and read the details of the blessings of the Law, you will find the reasons why David was loved by God where others would have been condemned by Him. undecided

3. LOL... the problem here is your level of comprehension of information presented in the Bible. undecided
Re: God Is Partial by KnownUnknown: 12:32am On Mar 28
djkaneo:
God is not partial u say?.......how then do u explain d case of David, Uriah n Bathsheba (hope I got d names right)......he slept with her and murdered her husband and what did God do to HIM(David himself, not his generations till d end of time)? Lemme tell u....God did nothing.

David counted d Israelites and God started killing them he didn't touch David....WTF....

But somewia in d bible during d time of David, God struck down a man called Uzzah...and what was his great evil that warranted d Almighty killing Uzzah himself? He wanted to steady d ark of God!!!

Uzzah went against God's injunction right......but let's not forget that David did worse.....he ate d Showbread meant for Priests alone and even gave some to his friends and God smiled and said "this is a man after my heart"

so many instances abound in d bible....make una go do una own research like the Bereans and stop being Sunday Sunday medicine Zombie Christians.....Even d bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge".

To explain the story of David, just ask yourself, what kind of narrative would a tyrant commission about himself?

If Idi Amin commissioned a story about himself, he would have been called God’s favorite child.

If Abacha’s sycophants commissioned a story about him, they would say he died working at his desk for the benefit of Nigerians.

Apply the same logic to the David character.
Re: God Is Partial by Veecruz: 4:54am On Mar 28
KnownUnknown:

To explain the story of David, just ask yourself, what kind of narrative would a tyrant commission about himself?...

First, it was not David who wrote his biography, nor did he ask anyone to.write it. Secondly, David himself confessed that he did sin and was punished for them all, to the point of death and destruction.

Every reasonable person sees that but not blind atheists.
Re: God Is Partial by KnownUnknown: 11:23am On Mar 28
Veecruz:

First, it was not David who wrote his biography, nor did he ask anyone to.write it. Secondly, David himself cinfessed that he did sin and was punished for them all, to the point of death and destruction.

Every reasonable person sees that but not blind atheists.

Read my examples again.

I’m not an atheist and I don’t consider the story to be wholly true. My point is that the story is propaganda and such can be expected when a ruler or the ruler’s supporters/ sycophants determine a narrative.

So the god favors the David character because the authors wanted to glorify and magnify the character.
Re: God Is Partial by Kobojunkie: 11:36am On Mar 28
Glorify and magnify David? If that be the case, then the story told of him failed to accomplish just that. undecided
Re: God Is Partial by Veecruz: 11:58am On Mar 28
KnownUnknown:

Read my examples again.

I’m not an atheist and I don’t consider the story to be wholly true. My point is that the story is propaganda and such can be expected when a ruler or the ruler’s supporters/ sycophants determine a narrative.

So the god favors the David character because the authors wanted to glorify and magnify the character.

And you are wrong because nothing in that report shows affiliation to David. And other reports on David show that He was only favoured and beloved of God when he was young and righteous. But when he fell into unrighteousness and sins, God forsook him and he sufferred many many horrible calamities and disgrace.
Re: God Is Partial by FRANCISTOWN: 12:40pm On Mar 28
djkaneo:

Anything called God cannot be partial. Yahweh even if he exists can never be anything close to a God. He fits more into a demon.
Re: God Is Partial by Veecruz: 2:02pm On Mar 28
FRANCISTOWN:

Anything called God cannot be partial. Yahweh even if he exists can never be anything close to a God. He fits more into a demon.

May Yahweh shred you eternally, for eternity for all your evils and blasphemies
Re: God Is Partial by FRANCISTOWN: 2:18pm On Mar 28
Veecruz:

May Yahweh shred you eternally, for eternity for all your evils and blasphemies
Amen Fire. Now what else?
Re: God Is Partial by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18pm On Mar 28
What position was David when he killed Uriah after sleeping with his wife?

Well God is not partial He is just because God already warned the Israelites that it's wrong for them to demand a King in replacement of Him! 1Samuel 8:10-18

So from God's standpoint David as imperfect human committed serious blunder due to the power bestowed upon him as the Israelites requested for a human King. 1Samuel 8:7

Whatever judgement the King receives from God all those that demanded for a human king must share in the blame, that's why God didn't kill David even though His law says that whoever is caught killing must be killed and David himself sentenced himself to death unknowingly! 2Samuel 12:5 smiley
Re: God Is Partial by Veecruz: 5:40pm On Mar 28
FRANCISTOWN:

Amen Fire. Now what else?

May you never get employed for more than 2 months for the rest of your miserable life.
Re: God Is Partial by FRANCISTOWN: 7:26pm On Mar 28
Veecruz:

May you never get employed for more than 2 months for the rest of your miserable life.

I'm an employer of people. Now what else?
Re: God Is Partial by Veecruz: 7:29pm On Mar 28
FRANCISTOWN:

I'm an employer, now what else.

Your business will always die and never prosper no matter how it was when you started and then you will turn to a keke driver but Lastma will.cease your keke.
Re: God Is Partial by FRANCISTOWN: 7:31pm On Mar 28
Veecruz:

Your business will always die and never prosper no matter how it was when you started and then you will turn to a keke driver but Lastma will.cease your keke.
Amen fire. Now what else?
Re: God Is Partial by FRANCISTOWN: 7:33pm On Mar 28
Veecruz:

Your business will always die and never prosper no matter how it was when you started and then you will turn to a keke driver but Lastma will. cease your keke.
By the way. It's seize not cease.
Re: God Is Partial by Veecruz: 7:41pm On Mar 28
FRANCISTOWN:

By the way. It's seize not cease.

Thank you for the correction. But i think cease too enters for when they sieze it, it would cease to exist.
Re: God Is Partial by FRANCISTOWN: 7:43pm On Mar 28
Veecruz:

Thank you for the correction. But i think cease too enters for when they sieze it, it would cease to exist.
cease means to stop.

Now put it back in your statement and see if it made the intended meaning.
Re: God Is Partial by Veecruz: 7:49pm On Mar 28
FRANCISTOWN:

cease means to stop.

Now put it back in your statement and see if it made the intended meaning.

Cease also means to stop existing
Re: God Is Partial by Veecruz: 7:55pm On Mar 28
FRANCISTOWN:

Amen fire. Now what else?

Then after.all futilities, on your way home, hungry, thirsty.and tired, police raided where you wete and they took you to their mosquito infested station.
Re: God Is Partial by FRANCISTOWN: 7:57pm On Mar 28
Veecruz:

Cease also means to stop existing
Cease means To stop. Existing is a different word on it's own.
"Cease talking to me" means "stop talking to me" and not "stop existing talking to me".

English shouldn't be this hard.
Re: God Is Partial by FRANCISTOWN: 8:00pm On Mar 28
Veecruz:

Then after.all futilities, on your way home, hungry, thirsty.and tired, police raided where you wete and they took you to their mosquito infested station.
I'm acquainted with lots of people in power. If I ever went to the police station. It's either I'm going there for a visit or I'm checking on someone I put behind bars. Now what else?
Re: God Is Partial by Veecruz: 9:17pm On Mar 28
FRANCISTOWN:

I'm acquainted with lots of people in power. If I ever went to the police station. It's either I'm going there for a visit or I'm checking on someone I put behind bars. Now what else?

See how you show that atheists are poor.and are Liars?

You know people in.power yet you drive a keke and it got ceased and you got arrested? A cockroach has more worth than you.

(1) (Reply)

PAUL! The Christian / How To Know The Will Of God / Downloads Of Christian Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.