Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. (2886 Views)

Free Guide On How To Start Popcorn Buzines, What You Need And How Profitable It / How Profitable Is Rental Business? / How Profitable Is Bakery Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. by dkings101(m): 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2013
Good day Nairalanders...Kindly share wt me ur advice pls.
A friend of mine who just came back abroad is thinking of converting his twin building into a Nursery/Primary school. The buildings r a storey building with 4 x 2 bedroom flat x 2. So he is thinking of dividing the parlours to get two class room...so to say, in one flat, he would get 4 class rooms so in one building, he would be getting 16 class room...so in sum up, both building would be 32 class room...so my ques are?

1. Is it enough to start up a Nur/Primary school?
2. What are the pro and cons starting up a school?
3. How profitable is the venture?

He wants to be the Proprietor and would be employing able and talented individual to run the school.

Pls Nairalander...kindly share ur advice on this topic. Thanks.

@Moderator...pls help put this post on frontpage thanks.
Re: Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. by Rexphobia(m): 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
Very profitable when you eventually breakeven. But that may never happen
Re: Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. by dkings101(m): 3:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
Moderator...please help lift this post to frontpage pls..
Re: Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. by Chlbenze: 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
It is profitable but at a start you need to invest alot, but you will reap them later
Re: Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. by aduhube: 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
It's a very profitable business however the following may be important to note now.
You may not up to 32 rooms to start.
You may need to start at a time like this September entrance.
You may need to employ a H/M that would help you with the advertisement and other startups
You need to check for strategies that would distinguish your school from other numerous ones around
Is your location accessible for parents to drop their children?
Re: Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. by naijacutee(f): 6:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
Bros, I don't mean to be sentimental, but I think you're asking the wrong question. Nigeria doesn't need more schools, we need more good quality schools. It is the quest for money making that fuels the growth of schools all over the place with nothing of any value being exchanged in there. I think you need to look from a value point of view, and ask instead - how can you create value (and gain competitive advantage) through a school.

I believe the decision of what school parents send their kids to is an emotional one, as everyone wants the best for ther child. And by offering high quality education, you can set yourself apart, attract the right clientele and turn this into profit. I wouldn't advise going it, if you are not first of all passionate about delivering good quality education.

3 Likes

Re: Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
I'll tow the path of the poster above me. While setting up a school is very profitable, i don't think the problem in Nigeria is the lack of schools but the lack of quality schools. We need people with the passion for education to setup of schools and not business men because they will always comprise quality in the process.

2 Likes

Re: Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. by dkings101(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2013
Thanks all for the advice. It's well noted.
Re: Having A School...how Profitable Is It? Pls Advice. by babytejiri(m): 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
cepokh'[]'

(1) (Reply)

Pls Advice And Info Needed Opening A Mini Cyber Cafe / NSE Indices Extend Losses By N94 Billion / Temporarily Limited Paypal Account Help Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.