Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,077 members, 7,845,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Do You Have To Be You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Have To Be You? (957 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have To Be You? by imustsaymymindo: 3:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hello,
This thought just crossed by mind. People say you have to be you, but after reading this, you would perfectly object to that sermon. Most melancholic commit suicide just because they remain like that and etc. Try other personalities different from what you normally possess then you would find out the best thing a man can do is to change his/her personality, especially when facing tough times. Being yourself kills! I pity the phlegmatic in Lagos the sanguine in science class? the choleric housemaid? Don't let anybody deceive you, you were not born with a particular personality, your environment manned you. Change!
Re: Do You Have To Be You? by daisyella: 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
therez a certain extent of influence ur environment can have on u but it can never change who u rili r. sorry but I don't rili get ur point

1 Like

Re: Do You Have To Be You? by imustsaymymindo: 12:18am On Sep 13, 2017
daisyella:
therez a certain extent of influence ur environment can have on u but it can never change who u rili r. sorry but I don't rili get ur point

I just re-read this my post again after 4 years and I wondered how flawed my logic was then.
Re: Do You Have To Be You? by JohnNgene: 6:52am On Sep 13, 2017
Well, you have a point. We need to work on our weaknesses and develop our strengths.

A phlegmatic person, for instance, is very calm and thoughtful (strength) but very indecisive and procastinates too much (weakness). So they need to learn to take a decision and act on it immediately.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bored: If You Are Bored Too Lets Chat Here / STRIKE Latest: ASUU NEC Meeting Now To Hold On Saturday / Hello Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.