Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

The Iphone 5c...pulling A Lumia On Us - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Iphone 5c...pulling A Lumia On Us (511 Views)

How to flash a Lumia, Windows, IPhone, BlackBerry, Android / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone / How To Change The Imei Number Of A Lumia Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Iphone 5c...pulling A Lumia On Us by hawqer: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
I have never really been an Apple courtesan, yes I can flick my fingers across the beautiful screen of the Iphone 5 in public (I like attention) or get lost in the awesome screen while playing Mortal Kombat but at the end of the day I would choose a flagship Android–powered mobile phone over an IOS one. My reason is simple-Limitation. I would not go into details of listing them as it is a never-ending argument and I would rather feast on a Tortoise egg (raw) than rehash it. Anyway, following the announcement of the Iphone 5C I felt like “ok, Apple. Way to go”. I had erroneously concluded that 5C meant 5times cheaper. Boy was I wrong, $649 (over N105,000) for 32GB?

Read below for a preview of the supposedly affordable Iphone

The iPhone 5C was rumoured to be a "cheap" iPhone, and while it is slightly cheaper than the iPhone 5S, starting at $549 (N89k+) for the iPhone 5C off-contract with 16GB of storage and topping $649 (N105k) for 32GB of space, it still commands a premium price. The iPhone 5C will likely cost significantly less when bought directly through mobile phone operators on a lengthy contract (which we do not have here in Nigeria), but compared with its competitors, Apple's most colourful iPhone is still a pricy offering.

Camera
Apple has included the 8-megapixel camera from the previous generation iPhone 5, which although it is significantly down on the numbers compared with its Android competitors, produces solid, if unspectacular images.
The video-chat camera on the front of the iPhone 5C has been given a boost, with a 1.2-megapixel front-facing FaceTime HD camera featuring enhanced light sensitivity, which should make video calls much clearer and sharper.

Features
Apple's main feature for the iPhone 5C is colour. For the first time since the iPhone 4, Apple has produced a phone with a seamless, smooth plastic back. The rear shell is available in five colours: green, yellow, blue, white and pink. Hello, my first ever Nokia (2310) came in Blue so what is the big deal with colour?
The iPhone 5C also comes with special wallpaper that matches the chosen colour on the back of the device, and combines with a very colourful, newly redesigned iOS 7 – Apple's latest mobile operating system.
Screen-wise, the iPhone 5C features Apple's high resolution, pin-sharp 4-inch retina display, which is starting to look a little on the small side compared with most of today's 5-inch-plus Android and Windows Phones. But in terms of quality it should be as top-notch as ever, making photos look good and on-screen text very clear and easy to read.
Apple has also given the iPhone 5C access to its digital voice-activated personal assistant, Siri, which has been available on flagship iPhones since the iPhone 4S. While not often terribly useful for everyday tasks, the novelty of asking your phone questions while being able to set reminders and send text messages via voice, could come in handy.

Speed
For the iPhone 5C, Apple has essentially recycled parts from the iPhone 5 and put them in a vibrant new frame. The result is that Apple's new phone is just as fast as the iPhone 5 before it, equipped with the same A6 processor. That will make it significantly slower than Apple's new flagship, the iPhone 5S, which sports a new processor in the form of the Apple A7.
Overall, the iPhone 5C should be more than fast and slick enough for most users, and will maintain that speed for at least another year. Compared with the competition, however, it is slow thanks to its previous-generation specifications.

Battery life
The recycled parts from the iPhone 5 have been tweaked by Apple to squeeze out slightly more battery life for the iPhone 5C than the previous generation flagship. Apple rates its colourful iPhone has having 10 hours of talk time, and 10 hours of browsing time on Wi-Fi or LTE, with 250 hours of standby time. Real-world usage will, of course, vary.

In my opinion, this was Apple's chance to sneak into developing markets with an affordable but colorful device. The plastic (polycabonate) feel wasnt the best approach and the pricing just ruined the package.

http://www.hawqer.com/blog/77-the-iphone-5c-pulling-a-lumia-on-us

(1) (Reply)

Is It Appropriate To Use The Word 'phablet' For Large Screen Phones? Nokia Asks / Please I Want To Buy Apple Ipad ,which One Is The Best..front Cam & Back And Sim / My Bb Will Not Come On....help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.