Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President (20333 Views)

NANS Calls For The Revocation Of "Dr." Buhari's Degree, Insists It's Fraudulent / ASUU Vs FG ... The Full Gist / Esut ASUU Vs Governor Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by pseudonomer: 5:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
pseudonomer:

A lot had been said by many Nigerians about the refusal of Yinka Gbadebo, the President of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) to declare his open support for the national leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in relation to the ongoing industrial action by same which has consequentially paralyzed academic activities in all public universities (both state and federal) across the nation since June, 2013.
The truth about the matter is as below:
When the ongoing ASUU strike clocked 17 days old, the Yinka Gbadebo-led National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) wrote two separate letters to the Chairman of Federal Government's NEEDs, Governor Gabriel Suswan of Benue State and Dr. Issa Fagge, President, Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) respectively; demanding information from them on why Nigerian Students had to be at the receiving end, as they have been confined to perpetual home-stay; and in furtherance, asking for the steps being taken to get their disagreement resolved.
A week later, Governor Suswan replied Yinka Gbadebo's letter. Two weeks after, Governor Suswan invited Yinka Gbadebo to Markudi, the capital city of Benue State and briefed him exclusively on the matter.
Country people, let me inform you authoritatively that apart from the fact that ASUU President has not deemed it fit to respond to the letter addressed to him by Yinka Gbadebo till date; it should be noted that neither the leadership nor the body of ASUU consulted NANS before starting-off the ongoing strike.
However, even when it is not the right of NANS to be consulted by ASUU before taking decisions or embarking on its cause(s), we feel it would have been a privilege and more honourable to partner with the Students leadership (NANS) in the process of executing its demands especially on the one of the present day.
The meeting with Governor Suswan afforded Yinka Gbadebo and his team the opportunity to be exclusively briefed and also get a copy of the 2009 agreement signed by ASUU and FG. As I write, I have equally read the signed agreement.
For your necessary information, the agreement is hereby divided into two:
1. Primary Demand
2. Secondary Demand
The primary demand is the Earned Allowance being demanded by ASUU for her members.
The secondary demand are those which encapsulate: conducive environment for teaching and learning, total implementation of UNESCO recommendation on education, etc.
After this briefing by Governor Suswan, Yinka Gbadebo, despite not being consulted nor briefed by ASUU, declares his support for same ASUU with respect to the secondary demands but maintained anonymity on the primary demands until he's being fully briefed by the President of ASUU.
Meanwhile, the analyses done by Governor Suswan on the primary demand of ASUU goes as thus:
1. That the N87billion being demanded by ASUU was not part of the 2009 agreement,
2. That the N87billion was inserted into the agreement by ASUU on february this year,
3. That the 2013 budget had already been sent to national assembly before the primary demand was made by ASUU,
4. That Federal Government has appealed to ASUU to wait for her primary demand to be incorporated into the 2014 budget,
5. That Federal Government, through the support of some corporate organizations, has offered to pay ASUU N30billion while the rest of the demand will be incorporated into the 2014 appropriation,
6. That FG has discovered that not all Lecturers are entitled to the earned allowance being demanded by ASUU,
7. That FG has told ASUU members to go for verification exercise in order to know the actual number of those entitled to the earned allowance,
8. That ASUU has refused to go for verification, insisting that all Lecturers, irrespective of the manner with which they were employed must be paid.
On the secondary demands, the analyses of governor Gabriel Suswan posited:
That the FG, through the support of some corporate organizations, has began the disbursement of the sum of N100billion to public universities nationwide including state owned ones.
However, knowing-fully well that Governor Suswan is a politician, that could be dashing out humbug to wheedle, coax and rigmarole the common-sense of Nigerian Students, hence, Yinka Gbadebo wrote to Dr. fagge, the President of ASUU in order to know his own side of the story.
Dear compatriots, let me state authoritatively that as I write, the letter Yinka Gbadebo wrote to Dr. Fagge has not been replied.
Arising from the above, i wish to ask these following questions:
1. Why are most Nigerian Students blaming Yinka Gbadebo for not supporting ASUU without hearing his side of the story?
2.Was Yinka Gbadebo the cause of ASUU strike?
3. Finally, when will Nigerians start to face reality and stop joining bandwagons?
Let me also use this medium to chastise Staff Unions in our tertiary institutions for being hypocritical to the plight, yearning and aspirations of Nigerian Students. A public affairs commentator, Seun Aladesuru, in his article titled: ASUU STRIKE and "NANS" UNBEKNOWNST COURSE SOLIDARITY made the underneath affirmation:
" During the lasted academic staff union of polytechnic (ASUP) and the ongoing ASUU strike respectively, its disheartening and lugubrious to see Nigerian Students taking to the street protesting in favour of the "Pressure Groups" who are only Self-Centred (ASUP, ASUU) against the Got.
Really, d protest would be Student favoured in one-side but I strongly know that the ongoing strike is 99% Lecturers sided.
Do you want to tell me that the 87billion the Union is demanding for is to Subsidize the School Fee of Nigerian Students? Is the 87 billion MOSTLY to cater for different Allowances of the Lecturers?
Bitter but Harsh Truth.!
The Ongoing ASUU strike is no-lecturer fight but UNION's struggle in totality that is the simple reason why No lecturer suffers the action at the end of the industrial dispute.
If that be, why hasn't it be possible for this Pressure group to dim it fit to support any reasonable or tenable struggle of Nigerian Students in our campuses?
If Nigerian Students think as I do, they will flash back and reason with these questions:
1) SCHOOL FEE INCREMENT: When students protest against this, have you ever heard/seen ASUP, ASUU e.t.c showing support.?
2) INCREMENT IN ACCOMMODATION FEE: What has been the say of the Staff'' union about this.?
3) DELAY IN RESULT: Are they concerned.?
4) DELAY IN FINAL YEAR RESULT: Are they ever there to echo Your voice.?
5) HANDOUT FEE: Are they no the masquerade behind it.?
6)PROSCRIPTION OF STUDENTs' BODY IN SCHOOLS: Is that not for their own betterment.?
7. Expulsion and rustication of our comrades, are they not the one recommending that?
8. Raping of our female students at will: are they not involved?
9. Cruel, barbaric and irresponsible shooting of Nigerian Students by the men of the Nigeria Police during protest: what has been their take? None!
Supporting the Union might be to ensure the resumption of school & not mainly to see that the agreement is honoured because, with the aforementioned I doubt it the Union really deserves it. Nigerian Students should wise up!", He opined.
I urge every Nigerians to prevail on ASUU National Leaders, to, for the sake of the future leaders of our nation's tomorrow; whose destinies are being ruined and breakthrough delayed by the ongoing strike, to please respond to the letter written to the ASUU National leadership by NANS in order to know the decision and actions to be taken.
NANS of today is different from the former erratic NANS(s) of questionable history. It should be noted that for any struggle or radical action to be embarked upon by our present day leadership, especially on issues of national importance like the one being discussed here, such must be logically pursed; it must be conceptually and popularly executed.
Conventionally,i wish to opine without any form of bias that the FG seemed to be right considering the information available to us, while ASUU seemed to be hiding so much skeletons subject to critical explanation. This notion will continue but may turn contrary, only when Dr. Fagge responds to the letter written to him by Yinka Gbadebo for the purpose of clarity, supremacy of truth, equity and justice on the ongoing confusion.
Finally, I wish to inform ASUU that using the media to pronounce Yinka Gbadebo impeached is not the solution to get the ongoing strike suspended because NANS did not cause the strike and the sponsorship of renegades and reactionaries to discredit Yinka Gbadebo in the media by obliterating him of his excellent performance is not the solution also; neither will it demoralize the unflinching support of the over 15 million Nigerian students population for their ever formidable president of NANS.
We endear Prof. Fagge to purge himself of sentiments and unrealistic pursuit of unbridled vendetta against Yinka Gbadebo.
Meanwhile, while saluting the courage, doggedness and intellectual vibrancy of Dr. Issa Fagge and his team; i wish to emphasize that it is high time ASUU and NANS worked together considering the plight of the innocent Nigerian Students who have been confined to their various houses as a result of this ongoing tussle.
To start with, NANS hereby demand that it should be briefed by ASUU on her primary demand immediately!
Was Governor Gabriel Suswan lying in his brief to NANS? Or was he correct?
Over to ASUU!

Some Spelling Corrections has been made by me, but the original article is

By: Maxwell Adeyemi Adeleye, media/editorial consultant to Yinka Gbadebo writes from Magodo, Lagos.
Maxwell_adeleye@ yahoo.com

20 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
This is what I think;

I don't think it is a wise decision for students to support ASUU's decision to continue to waste our time at home. 1) Why should ASUU pull out of negotiations with the federal government accusing them of being dishonest? Why pull out of a means of finding solution to a lingering problem?
2) Do you think ASUU won't collect their salaries immediately they resume back to work? ASUU is not losing anything!! We are the ones losing.
3) The decadence in the educational sector is not something that started during this regime. It was a gradual decay leading to the almost total collapse (In which the consistent strikes by the lecturers is a factor too) , do you think that decay is something that can be rectified within the twinkle of an eye?
4) I want ASUU to know that the federal government is not losing anything either through the ongoing strike, they(the rulers) have most of their wards/children in private schools and universities abroad. Should the strike continue, it won't hurt the FG in anyway in the long process.
5) According to an article I read this morning, ASUU should look for other alternatives to incessant strikes rather than punishing Nigerian students all the time for offences we do not even know about.

By the way, I think we keep on forgetting that FG has implemented most of ASUU's demands ; Retirement age,Bonuses and gave reasonable reasons for some demands that they couldn't meet e.g the transfer of those landed properties,earned allowance.
FG has also signed 400 billion to be disbursed for infrastructures over a period of 4 years. I'm not saying FG has done enough, but FG has shifted ground a little and I would expect same from ASUU. Y'all should look back which parastatal in Nigeria has ever gone on strike and got their 100 % demands from the FG? Even the famous subsidy protest that crippled the whole nation couldn't restore the price of PMS back to 70 naira,. So why should ASUU continue to suffer us(the students) when the strike isn't even directly affecting the FG in any way??
sad sad sad

10 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by tunapa2009(m): 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hmmmmm. Wonders shall never end.. Did you listen to him yesterday on ASUU strike? It was a tsunami!!!! It was very clear that he isn't fighting for students' interest at all.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by angelamina(f): 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
mmmmmmm God help us pls! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by OME1(m): 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nigeria is currently in a state of confusion, everything is about politics and corruption, yesterday some ministers were dropped primarily due to the conflict at the PDP convention, that aside, we can all read the hand writings on the wall from the way things are, the president isn't even concerned about the strike, all he's concerned about is getting re-elected back as president in 2015, nobody seems to know why the strike is still on, and Dr Fagge has kept mute for a while now, the real purpose of the strike is unknown to us, is ASUU fighting for students ? or for her own selfish wants ? In my opinion, these our 'so called' leaders have to go before this curse can be lifted away from our land.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
^^ True

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by JENMAUCY(f): 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nice one you have here @op...ASUU are always talking about 2009 agreement and many people are saying that fg should implement it without knowing the content of the agreement....ASUU if you people has nothing to hide please publicise the agreement let's see!!! Greedy,selfish bigots

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by tunapa2009(m): 7:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
BEING THE TEXT OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE ADDRESSED BY THE NATIONAL PRESIDENT OF NANS, COMRADE YINKA GBADEBO TODAY 11TH SEPTEMER, 2013 IN LAGOS.
All Protocols duly observed.
It owes me a pleasure to welcome you all to this all important press conference aimed at addressing salient issues confronting the Education sector vis-à-vis lingering issues between the Academics Staff Union of Universities ASUU and the Federal Government of Nigeria as it affects us as Nigerian Students and its attendant consequence on our Nation at large.
It should be noted that it is a globally acceptable fact that Education remains the key ingredient to the development of any society as this cannot be divorced from the success stories of nations that have developed across the world.
For over two months, Nigeria Universities have remained closed owned to an indefinite strike declared by ASUU on the basis of the disagreement of the implementation of a previous agreement entered into between the Union and the Federal Government in 2009.
We wish to categorically state here that it has become imperative for the Government and ASUU to understand the significant position of Nigerian Students in the tripod that constitutes the University community i.e Management, Teachers and Students.
It is our intention today to bring to public knowledge those facts that have remains hidden from us as far as the contents and conditions that have continued to the responsible for the Federal Government and Federal imbroglio are concerned.
It is an acceptable that the Educational sectors had largely suffered in the hands of successive Government and this is not peculiar to the Universities and it is on that basis that we want to state our traditional demand that Government must be made to commit at least 26% of our annual budget to the education sector as the minimum recommendation by the UNESCO.
Having taken an holistic review of the details inherent in the agreement as signed by the Federal Government and ASUU, it has become germane for us to call on ASUU to reconsider its present adamant stand on the continued closure of our Universities.
We must as Nigerians accept that the problem with our Universities have developed over decade and would therefore unimaginable that ASUU with its present stand want it totally resolved within a spate of four years that this agreement was signed.
Objectively, ASUU is expected to expect that the demand for an unproved standard of education in Nigeria shall continue as long as our quest for development as a Nation remains on our investment in the Education sector.
We hereby disagree with ASUU on the notion that a release of N400 billion per annum as been demanded will face out the mirage of problems confronting the education sector in Nigeria today. While not celebrating the Government in an unprecedented manner had shown responsibility and concern by releasing N100 billion for infrastructural development in our Universities including State owned.
While we may not want to go deep into other details of the Federal Government and ASUU agreement which are hitherto considered by us as frivolous and self-serving to the interest of ASUU alone, it is expected that ASUU must at this point bring to the fore the interest of Nigerian Students whom they have been claiming to be fighting for by engaging the Federal Government in further dialogue while returning to class without hesitation.
The NANS is no longer comfortable with the attendant consequence of the incessant strike on the lives of Nigerian Students and social implication on the society at large. If cumulatively in the last 10years we have lost 30months to strikes by ASUU which is enough to produce a graduate in our Universities, then the question is what have been the gains and the potency of strikes as q weapon when Students are always at the receiving end.
We are now calling on every well meaning Nigerians to prevail on ASUU to resume negotiations with the Federal Government and reopen the Universities without any further delay. We can no longer continue to tolerate this situation which has perpetually made us irrelevant at the point of arriving at these conclusions by ASUU and the Federal Government.
The NANS will continue to encourage the Federal Government not to close its doors to further productive negotiations and once again use this medium to appeal strongly and very passionately on behalf of every Nigerian Students to ASUU to please in the interest of building intellectual capacity for National development which is sacrosanct to the future of our country reopen negotiation with Government and reopen the classrooms without further delay.
Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta

Comrade Yinka Gbadebo
NANS President

JUst Imagine Is this students' interest

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Mustay(m): 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
tunapa2009: Hmmmmm. Wonders shall never end.. Did you listen to him yesterday on ASUU strike? It was a tsunami!!!! It was very clear that he isn't fighting for students' interest at all.

^^^

Mustay: NANS has been apolitical for some time - in the past, NANS and ASUU had a cordial relationship until they became politicized.

Whichever way, the students lose. If lecturers go back with no improvement, the students remain half-baked. If government refuses to show concern, students may even become quarter-baked.

I watched his (Yinka) press release and was stunned when he said he had seen the agreement and termed it as ridiculous demands! I mean, does he recognize what the meaning of an agreement is It means both parties realize the problems and have resolved to amend them via an agreement. His position further proved my stance on the union's objectivity. smh

He also claimed ASUU called for students to go to the streets! Haba shocked While ASUU may solicit their support, he needs to be reminded that ASUU became stronger via their position in the military era where the FMG used to 'thrash' students (e.g IBB in ABU Zaria protest) if they dared the then government. ASUU literally 'took over' to prevent students from going on the streets to avoid unnecessary harassment.

Definitely, we all have to question the effectiveness of strikes but it remains the best 'weapon' since they're not militants. We also need to remember that unions don't just go on strikes without (previous) dialogues - their (students') energy needs to be redirected towards the FG whose investigating panel also indicts her in contributing to the rot in out universities.

If you want to go on with the status quo ("let my people go"wink, don't blame the players anymore, blame the referee! Employers will complain about our products and you'll keep complaining. Don't just siddon look and say the system is bad, make accept am like that.

PS: I'll just be a 'doubting Thomas' and see Yinka's statements as his personal views, not NANS.

All the same, I still see the OP's post as one-sided. It's normal for FG to feed us with 'stories' for public empathy however, methinks ASUU ain't stupid. The money they're demanding for has accumulated over the years and need we be reminded that this agreement is due for revision this year. Since 2001, the democratic governments seem to be aping after the military guys in terms of agreements. We don't need a media parley for this stuff.

In 2007:

The purpose of this press conference is to draw urgent attention to the state of the negotiations between Academic Staff Union of Universities, (ASUU) and Federal Government of Nigeria.ASUU and the Federal Government had returned to the negotiating table on 7th June, 2007 after ASUU was persuaded by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar Adua, to suspend the strike which the Union most painfully embarked upon at the end of March 2007.
It should be recalled that the Unions patience had been exhausted by the preceding governments tactics of prolonged exchange of communication calculated to keep ASUU waiting without beginning the process of negotiation. This is why, even though ASUU had asked the Federal Government to begin negotiations as far back as August 25, 2004, only in October 2006 did the then government agree to renegotiate FGN-ASUU 2001 agreement. And the inauguration of the negotiating team began two months later in 2006. The negotiations broke down in March 2006 when it became clear that the federal Governments Team and ASUUs Team could not agree on principles of collective bargaining, without which any agreement reached would lay on a shaky foundation and inevitably lead to crisis, which ASUU was determined to avoid. The federal Government team did not appear to have a clear mandate.

The Goals of the Negotiations
The report of ASUUS negotiating team is that the two teams had begun serious negotiations since July 2007. It was the objective of the teams that the negotiations would lead to an agreement that would set the Nigerian University system on a path of restoration and rehabilitation so that Nigerian Universities would be ranked among the best in the world. If Nigeria is to attain a position of competing in a knowledge-driven world, there is no alternative to:
1. Putting an end to the advanced stage of decay in the university system.
2. Halting the debilitating process of one-way exit of Nigerian academics to the United States of America, Europe, the Middle East, and South Africa etc.

To attain these ends, there must be an agreement on a funding basis of the restoration of the university system. This would require an adequate and stable funding, rehabilitation of laboratories, studios, engineering workshops, teaching facilities, water and electricity supply, library development, academic staff development, university press, the funding of research and advanced teaching methods, international exchange of scholars.

There must also be a system of remuneration sufficiently attractive to reduce significantly, if not halt a one-way brain drain. It is necessary to begin to attract Nigerian academics back from abroad to work for the development and the revival of the university system.

Such issues as the necessary democratisation of the university system, the autonomy of the universities, the review of the roles of the National Universities Commission, (NUC), Joint Admission and Matriculation Board and Education Tax Fund are to be addressed at the negotiating table.

The issue of pension, which is causing the premature exit of experienced academics from the universities, has to be resolved. The democratisation of the universities, the autonomy of universities, the role of the national universities Commission, Joint Admission and Matriculation Board and the Education Tax Fund are necessary aspects of the negotiations.

The Budgetary Process
It has been ASUUs goal that any agreement reached at the negotiating table, to be implemented, in so far as it has financial implications, must be provided for in the 2008 budget. Without a firm funding commitment anchored on the budget, the agreement, no matter how sound in content, would not yield the desired result.

With this in view ASUU has pressed at all times for a speedy conclusion of the negotiations, especially in view of the initial agreement that the negotiations should end in September 2007. The sense of importance and the urgency attached to the Presidents pronouncement on the need to resolve the problems of the university system appear to have been lost. Federal and States budgetary exercises have not received any input arising from the vital negotiations on the funding of the universities.

The rot in the system continues. The hopes raised by the Presidential intervention in June in the academic community are yet to be realized. So long as the negotiations remain open-ended, the effects are, for the academic community, demoralization, discouragement, alienation, and the attractiveness of Southern Africa, Europe and the Middle East.

For our students, learning under impossible conditions will continue. For other members of the University community, hopes of an improved working environment will be lost. For the university system and Nigeria, the handicap in the race to survive in a world where research and researchers determine progress will become more severe. The Academic staff Union of Universities, therefore urges the President of Nigeria, Alhaji Musa Yar Adua, to intervene to ensure that the ASUU-FGN negotiations are concluded before end of 2007. This is not only possible but also necessary.

^^^This thing is a recurring decimal. Government has been highly insensitive which also raises the question - why did this government embark on creating more universities when it has not yet managed the existing ones Isn't that illogical When it comes to responding to militants and carnivals, Nigeria always has the money but when it comes to investing in her people, na so so talk from today till tomorrow. It shows where our priorities really are concerning vision 2020.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by olalekan1(m): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
If truly yinka gbadebo was not hiding something, he should have pubilicise this since it started. Nigerian students would have been aware already. It surely seems that he also was playing with the politicians and ASUU. Imagine u met with Gov. Suswam and prof. Isa Fagae didn't bother to reply ur letter and u kept mute all these while, I can't believe that gbadebo too doesn't have something he was hiding. #myopinion

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Appliedmaths(m): 12:04am On Sep 13, 2013
All I see here is politics. But fortunately ima politician too @ the SUG/FACULTY/DEPARTMENT level so I understand the language, but my friend we need not play that old dirty game now all we want is results and if u can't provide that step down.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Pedagogue: 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
I read with pity this long rubbish (yes, i mean RUBBISH) by the NANS president.

Apart from the lack of intellectual fibre in the press release, it is all too evident that the Nigerian canker worm of CORRUPTION has eaten really deep into what ought to be the mega voice of all students in the country.

From day 1 of this intractable ASUU strike, the body language of NANS has been towards offering support for the federal government.

The only language our dumb leaders understand is CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE. If many university students participated in the fuel subsidy protests, why is it so difficult for them to organise mass rallies and protest this SATANIC closure of their universities? I AM NOT SAYING STUDENTS SHD TAKE TO VIOLENCE...Rather, civil disobedience is a democratic mechanism that citizens can employ to force govt to act.
Rather than do this,most students would rather talk about football, TV shows, music and other insignifcant things. If care is not taken, this strike will not end before Xmas.

The time to act is NOW- Tell that NANS President that this is no time for long boring press statements.

****I remember the good old days...Not in the sense of treasuring the several years of ASUU strike- but in the sense of what we did to compell govt to act*****
****But again, if ASUU can still go on strike for months in Nigeria (under a civilian regime), what then is the difference between Nigeria of 1998 and Nigeria of 2013) ?

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by dridowu: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
I dont trust NANS for anything
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
What is this
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Ayorh4you(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
OPIN AYE TI DE TAAAN #eyipada undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by homesteady(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
The OP raised brilliant points!! If ASUU truly says they are fighting for the benefits of students, then why is it that they have never stood up against hardship upon students!
It is only when their pockets are involved, that's when they know they are fighting for students!!
Useless, silly lecturers!

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
post too long na you nor knw say e don tay wer we go skul last

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
All diz na wash ...Apc (Assu) Vs Fg(pdp) ....Season3 abt to kick off lipsrsealed
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by sholay2011(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
A poem:

My turn would come in the END,

It wud one day be my TIME,

Wen education and all sorts are seen as germane THINGZ,

Do you get the gist? grin

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Amule5000us(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
New minister for education says government is now ready to give ASUU all it's demands.

link

www.assholestrike.com
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by ayooluwa2(m): 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
This is a nice one.. A little diplomatic. But seriously, ASUU president should reply the NANS presido.
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Elcapo(m): 2:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
‪#‎ WHO‬ IS 2 B BLAMED? ASUU,FG,or NANS#. Greatest Nigerian students,its high tym we've stoppd decieving ourselvs,I'm not expecting any student 2 say dey are supporting ASUU in ds ongoing strike action,cos we believe ASUU shud b d reservoir of knowledge,n if truly they are fighting 4 the students,they shud look for a better means that won't affect doz students they r fighting for,it is so obvious dat the strike action is not affecting the so calld FG in anyway,inst ead,d president is busy wd pdp crisis,den y is ASUU(dat claim 2 b fighting 4 us)not considering d student's future....I weep 4 ma nation.y won't I support d fact dat ASUU is fighting 4 dia selfish interest wen d only tin they demanded is mainly money,n nothin but money 2 help govt maintain dirr uni's,(imagine employee clamouring 4 money 2 assist d employer wd his property).now,l et's stop comparing lecturers wd politicians,y didn't dey go into politics initially?polit icians only work 4 d regime being,n retire,buh lecturers work till age 70,n continue collecting dirr salaries.(May God judge all d Politicians also)buh are d lecturers really worthy of Ȋ̝̊̅† (are they being faithful really wd dirr work?).2 d part of Fg,may God judge dem all,buh let's reason intellectually, is d strike action affecting dem are they wasting our tym??,n pls,are we not supposd 2 take our future in our own handspls,whe re is NANS let's reason 2geda.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
#End time tins

wen dem ready dem go call off d strike
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by taharqa: 2:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
Can someone plz explain to me why ASUU is still on strike? Or why they decided to boycott Negotiations with Govt for more than a month now?
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
Majority of ASUU members are a bunch of hypocrites, egocentric, self-centered, and wicked criminals who do not deserve to even be paid salaries, talk more extra-allowance.
Fighting for students my foot!!!
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by mumumugu(m): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
The whole issue is politically instigated.

Fuel subsidy was jonathan way of hitting opposition

Aasu strike is opposition way of getting back at jonathan
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Jeel: 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
I have never seen ASUU as credible even for once
Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by Davo93(m): 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Personally, i don't have any issue against Gbadebo, the guy has done some laudable things since he became the NANS president although spiced with foolish display at times. My problem is the body called NANS, the leaders over the time have brought her reputation into thick mud and dragged it in mockery. Political lords have used NANS for their selfish gains over time and has left deep cut that will only take time to heal. Perhaps after NANS is cleansed of her 'leprosy', then we will fight and reclaim our dignity, powess and say in this nation.

As per the ASUU strike, i have said it; i am saying it; and i will continue to say it that both ASUU and the FG have their shortcomings in it. ASUU comprises of wicked group of selfish ill-beings that has never for once thought of the suffering grass in this battle courtesy of their controversial imbroglio. Not saving the FG too, how much is 87B to give the corrupt group compared to money lavished frivolously everyday?? Not even looking at the #fact that if you meet "all" the demands of ASUU today, that doesn't stop them for embarking on another useless strike come February 2014. Something keeps bothering me and kept me crying for our educational system in Nigeria, if ASUU can go this far (2 months old strike + and still counting) to primarily demand for just EARNED ALLOWANCES, i wonder what they will do if their basic salaries and basic allowances are not paid!

God, we need you to intervene in our miserable case in Nigeria. #Forever a proud Nigerian!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by solid3(m): 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
brb

1 Like

Re: ASUU Vs FG Face-off: Just Before You Nail The NANS President by yetunsbay(m): 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
JENMAUCY: Nice one you have here @op...ASUU are always talking about 2009 agreement and many people are saying that fg should implement it without knowing the content of the agreement....ASUU if you people has nothing to hide please publicise the agreement let's see!!! Greedy,selfish bigots
wot do u mean?didnt FG read d agreemt b4 signing it or were coerced? We re talking abt a 9letter word here "AGREEMENT".....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 / 6 Common Mistakes Students Make During Examination / Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.