Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Simillarities Between Islam And Christianity - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Simillarities Between Islam And Christianity (718 Views)

8 DISTINCT Differences Between ISLAM And BOKOHARAM / The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" / A Comparison Between Islam, Christianity And Judaism And The Choice Between ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simillarities Between Islam And Christianity by dareabiola98(m): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
Al-Qur'an 3:64
Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allah (Alone), and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims."

More than many times do we fight and debate our difference Allah(SWT) commanded that we should come to common terms...Only by that shall people know the teachings of the prophets!!!

Every time a christian knocks on my door..I tell Him..let us come to common terms,and let's star doing what Jesus Practised..If u aren't,then I love Jesus More than you do...Most people leave Immediately!!!

[b]But Seriously,Let's come to common terms[/b
Re: Simillarities Between Islam And Christianity by dareabiola98(m): 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
Let me start with the greeting of Jesus in Hebrew which he spoke

AND AS THEY THUS SPAKE JESUS HIMSELF STOOD IN THE MIDST OF THEM AND SAITH UNTO THEM PEACE BE UNTO YOU.( Sholam alay kum’) or salam alaykum in Arabic
Re: Simillarities Between Islam And Christianity by truthman2012(m): 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
Enumerate your terms clearly and let's see the meeting point if any.
Re: Simillarities Between Islam And Christianity by dareabiola98(m): 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
The are Five Basic Pillars in Islam

1. IMAN

The main core of the Iman Is believing That there is no other God But Allah,Eloha..and he's one
Every prophets sent to this world preached this Message
Say! He Allah(God) is One,He begets none nor is He begotten(Qur'an 112 vs 1-2) and in the bible Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one. Mark 12:29 AND JESUS ANSWERED HIM THE FIRST OF ALL THE COMMANDMENTS IS HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD

Shirk Recognised as the Biggest Sin

It is Mentiones in the qur'an
Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with Allah in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin.
And in the Bible
2 I am the LORD thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
3 Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
4 thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me;
5 and showing mercy unto the thousandth generation of them that love Me and keep My commandments. {S}
Deuteronomy 5:7-9
7 Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, even any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
8 Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate Me
9 and showing mercy unto the thousandth generation of them that love Me and keep My commandments. {S}

C. Jesus (pbuh) not God. He never claimed Divinity
In the Qur'an Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilah (God -Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.Al-Qur'an 5:72
In The bible
John 14:28YE HAVE HEARD HOW I SAID UNTO YOU
I GO AWAY AND COME AGAIN UNTO YOU. IF YE LOVED ME
YE WOULD REJOICE BECAUSE I SAID I GO UNTO THE FATHER- FOR MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.
John 10:29 MY FATHER WHICH GAVE THEM ME IS GREATER THAN ALL AND NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER'S HAND.
Mathew 12:28 BUT IF I CAST OUT DEVILS BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD THEN THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS COME UNTO YOU.
Luke 11:20 BUT IF I WITH THE FINGER OF GOD CAST OUT DEVILS NO DOUBT THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS COME UPON YOU.
John 5:30 I CAN OF MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING- AS I HEAR
I JUDGE- AND MY JUDGMENT IS JUST BECAUSE I SEEK NOT MINE OWN WILL
BUT THE WILL OF THE FATHER WHICH HATH SENT ME.
Acts 2:21 YE MEN OF ISRAEL HEAR THESE WORDS JESUS OF NAZARETH A MAN APPROVED OF GOD AMONG YOU BY MIRACLES AND WONDERS AND SIGNS WHICH GOD DID BY HIM IN THE MIDST OF YOU AS YE YOURSELVES ALSO KNOW

The second Attribute
2.SALAT(bowing in Prayer
Re: Simillarities Between Islam And Christianity by dareabiola98(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2013

1. IMAN

The main core of the Iman Is believing That there is no other God But Allah,Eloha..and he's one
Say! He Allah(God) is One,He begets none nor is He begotten(Qur'an 112 vs 1-2) and in the bible Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one. Mark 12:29 AND JESUS ANSWERED HIM THE FIRST OF ALL THE COMMANDMENTS IS HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD

Verily, Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with Allah in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin.
And in the Bible
2 I am the LORD thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
3 Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;
4 thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me;
5 and showing mercy unto the thousandth generation of them that love Me and keep My commandments. {S}
7 Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, even any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
8 Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate Me
9 and showing mercy unto the thousandth generation of them that love Me and keep My commandments. {S}

In the Qur'an Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilah (God -Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.Al-Qur'an 5:72
In The bible
YE WOULD REJOICE BECAUSE I SAID I GO UNTO THE FATHER- FOR MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.
John 10:29 MY FATHER WHICH GAVE THEM ME IS GREATER THAN ALL AND NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER'S HAND.
Mathew 12:28 BUT IF I CAST OUT DEVILS BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD THEN THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS COME UNTO YOU.
Luke 11:20 BUT IF I WITH THE FINGER OF GOD CAST OUT DEVILS NO DOUBT THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS COME UPON YOU.
Acts 2:21 YE MEN OF ISRAEL HEAR THESE WORDS JESUS OF NAZARETH A MAN APPROVED OF GOD AMONG YOU BY MIRACLES AND WONDERS AND SIGNS WHICH GOD DID BY HIM IN THE MIDST OF YOU AS YE YOURSELVES ALSO KNOW

The second Attribute
2.SALAT(bowing in Prayer

D. Taking off shoe before entering mosque
In The qur'an:
Qur'an 17:78 and 20:130
In the bible:
Exodus 3:5 And He said: 'Draw not nigh hither; put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.'
Acts 7:33 THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET- FOR THE PLACE WHERE THOU STANDEST IS HOLY GROUND.

E.Ablution
In the qur'an:
O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to ankles.Qur'an 5:6
In the bible:
Exodus 40:31-32
31 that Moses and Aaron and his sons might wash their hands and their feet thereat;
32 when they went into the tent of meeting, and when they came near unto the altar, they should wash; as the LORD commanded Moses. {S}
Acts 21:26 THEN PAUL TOOK THE MEN AND THE NEXT DAY PURIFYING HIMSELF WITH THEM ENTERED INTO THE TEMPLE TO SIGNIFY THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THE DAYS OF PURIFICATION UNTIL THAT AN OFFERING SHOULD BE OFFERED FOR EVERY ONE OF THEM.

F.PROSTRATION(as an act of worship)
In the Qur'an:O Mary! "Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (Allah, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and Irkai (bow down etc.) along with Ar-Rakioon (those who bow down etc.)."

In the bible:
Genesis 17:3; 3 And Abram fell on his face; and God talked with him, saying:
Numbers 20:6 And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tent of meeting, and fell upon their faces; and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them. {P}
Joshua 5:14; And he said: 'Nay, but I am captain of the host of the LORD; I am now come.' And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and bowed down, and said unto him: 'What saith my lord unto his servant?'
Mathew 26:39 AND HE WENT A LITTLE FURTHER AND FELL ON HIS FACE AND PRAYED SAYING O MY FATHER IF IT BE POSSIBLE LET THIS CUP PASS FROM ME- NEVERTHELESS NOT AS I WILL BUT AS THOU WILT.

3.Zakat
In the Qur'an:As-Sadaqat (here it means Zakat) are only for the Fuqara (poor), and Al-Masakin (the poor) and those employed to collect (the funds); and for to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islam); and to free the captives; and for those in debt; and for Allahs Cause (i.e. for Mujahidoon - those fighting in the holy wars), and for the wayfarer (a traveller who is cut off from everything); a duty imposed by Allah. And Allah is All-Knower, All-Wise.
In the bible:
I Peter 4:8 AND ABOVE ALL THINGS HAVE FERVENT CHARITY AMONG YOURSELVES- FOR CHARITY SHALL COVER THE MULTITUDE OF SINS.

[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Simillarities Between Islam And Christianity by truthman2012(m): 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
[quote author=dareabiola98]The are Five Basic Pillars in Islam

1. IMAN

Say! He Allah(God) is One,He begets none nor is He begotten(Qur'an 112 vs 1-2) and in the bible Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one. Mark 12:29 AND JESUS ANSWERED HIM THE FIRST OF ALL THE COMMANDMENTS IS HEAR O ISRAEL THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD. Good. God is one. Jesus is His Son.

And in the Bible

In The bible
John 10:29 MY FATHER WHICH GAVE THEM ME IS GREATER THAN ALL AND NO MAN IS ABLE TO PLUCK THEM OUT OF MY FATHER'S HAND. If you believe this statement you are by implication accepting Jesus is the Son of God as God is His Father.
BUT THE WILL OF THE FATHER WHICH HATH SENT ME.[color=#990000] Jesus is the Son of His Father.

Acts 2:21 YE MEN OF ISRAEL HEAR THESE WORDS JESUS OF NAZARETH A MAN APPROVED OF GOD AMONG YOU BY MIRACLES AND WONDERS AND SIGNS WHICH GOD DID BY HIM IN THE MIDST OF YOU AS YE YOURSELVES ALSO KNOW[/color]

The second Attribute
2.SALAT(bowing in Prayer

In The qur'an:
In the bible:
Exodus 3:5 And He said: 'Draw not nigh hither; put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.'
Acts 7:33 THEN SAID THE LORD TO HIM PUT OFF THY SHOES FROM THY FEET- FOR THE PLACE WHERE THOU STANDEST IS HOLY GROUND.

E.Ablution
In the qur'an:
O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salat (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to ankles.Qur'an 5:6
In the bible:
31 that Moses and Aaron and his sons might wash their hands and their feet thereat;
32 when they went into the tent of meeting, and when they came near unto the altar, they should wash; as the LORD commanded Moses. {S} [color=#990000]God commanded Moses and Aaron to wash their hands and feet, but no washing of faces, nose elbow, head, etc. Washing of hands and feet was practiced in Judaism and not Christianity.

Acts 21:26 THEN PAUL TOOK THE MEN AND THE NEXT DAY PURIFYING HIMSELF WITH THEM ENTERED INTO THE TEMPLE TO SIGNIFY THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THE DAYS OF PURIFICATION UNTIL THAT AN OFFERING SHOULD BE OFFERED FOR EVERY ONE OF THEM.[/color]

In the Qur'an:O Mary! "Submit yourself with obedience to your Lord (Allah, by worshipping none but Him Alone) and prostrate yourself, and Irkai (bow down etc.) along with Ar-Rakioon (those who bow down etc.)."

In the bible:
Numbers 20:6 And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tent of meeting, and fell upon their faces; and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them. {P}[color=#990000] Falling upon their faces here was a mark of honour and fear of God. They never lifted up their faces and fell again severally when praying like muslims do. They didn't do ablution before falling on their faces. [/b]

Joshua 5:14; And he said: 'Nay, but I am captain of the host of the LORD; I am now come.' And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and bowed down, and said unto him: 'What saith my lord unto his servant?' [b]Was this after ablution?

Mathew 26:39 AND HE WENT A LITTLE FURTHER AND FELL ON HIS FACE AND PRAYED SAYING O MY FATHER IF IT BE POSSIBLE LET THIS CUP PASS FROM ME- NEVERTHELESS NOT AS I WILL BUT AS THOU WILT.[/color] Was Jesus falling down after he had done ablution?

3.Zakat
In the Qur'an:As-Sadaqat (here it means Zakat) are only for the Fuqara (poor), and Al-Masakin (the poor) and those employed to collect (the funds); and for to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islam); and to free the captives; and for those in debt; and for Allahs Cause (i.e. for Mujahidoon - those fighting in the holy wars), and for the wayfarer (a traveller who is cut off from everything); a duty imposed by Allah. And Allah is All-Knower, All-Wise.
In the bible:
I Peter 4:8 AND ABOVE ALL THINGS HAVE FERVENT CHARITY AMONG YOURSELVES- FOR CHARITY SHALL COVER THE MULTITUDE OF SINS.

[size=8pt][/size]
[/quote

The truth of the matter is that heaven is not far from the true Christians. We hear from there on regular basis. Many faults of the early churches were told them by Jesus in the Book of Revelations. Jesus would not leave His own alone. He gets in contact with us. Apart from what the Bible says, credible reports were being sent to us through God's people. We are kept abreast of the happenings in heaven. Many Christians are already there in heaven, no cause for alarm for the true believers in Jesus Christ. Thank you.
Re: Simillarities Between Islam And Christianity by dareabiola98(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2013

1. IMAN

And in the Bible

In The bible

The second Attribute
2.SALAT(bowing in Prayer

In The qur'an:
In the bible:

E.Ablution
In the qur'an:
In the bible:
32 when they went into the tent of meeting, and when they came near unto the altar, they should wash; as the LORD commanded Moses. {S}
Acts 21:26 THEN PAUL TOOK THE MEN AND THE NEXT DAY PURIFYING HIMSELF WITH THEM ENTERED INTO THE TEMPLE TO SIGNIFY THE ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THE DAYS OF PURIFICATION UNTIL THAT AN OFFERING SHOULD BE OFFERED FOR EVERY ONE OF THEM.

In the bible:
Numbers 20:6 And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tent of meeting, and fell upon their faces; and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them. {P}
Joshua 5:14; And he said: 'Nay, but I am captain of the host of the LORD; I am now come.' And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and bowed down, and said unto him: 'What saith my lord unto his servant?'
Mathew 26:39 AND HE WENT A LITTLE FURTHER AND FELL ON HIS FACE AND PRAYED SAYING O MY FATHER IF IT BE POSSIBLE LET THIS CUP PASS FROM ME- NEVERTHELESS NOT AS I WILL BUT AS THOU WILT.

3.Zakat
In the bible:

4.Fasting(Sawm)
In the Qur'an:
O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)
In the bible:
Mathew 17:21 HOWBEIT THIS KIND GOETH NOT OUT BUT BY PRAYER AND FASTING.
Mark 9:29 AND HE SAID UNTO THEM THIS KIND CAN COME FORTH BY NOTHING
BUT BY PRAYER AND FASTING.

HAJJ
In the Qur'an:49:13
Bible: Psalms 84: 4-7 and many other ones.

Let's post more so that we can build and unite the brotherhood

(1) (Reply)

Disclaimer: A Muslim Disown The Act Of Terrorism. / Muslim For Education Development And Literacy Advocacy Foundation- MEDLAF / Testimonies: To Give Or Not To Give

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.