Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,697 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

How Shell Played On Our Intelligence - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Shell Played On Our Intelligence (3293 Views)

Recruitment Into The Nigerian Intelligence Agency / Breaking News ! Shell Nigeria Is Recruiting Graduates Into Various Positions. / Shell Vacancy through Phillips Consulting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by OTEGA1: 12:07pm On Jun 23, 2008
IT CAN BE RECALLED THAT FOR SOME TIME NOW SHELL HAS BEEN CALLING FOR TEST LEAVING A VAST MAJORITY OF THE APPLICANTS OUT OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. HAVING WAITED FOR SOMETIME, I DICIDED TO CALL THE AMINA IN THE HR DEPT. the reply was shocking, she said and i quote " if u didint get any mail from us it meas u were not shortlisted and there is nothing we can do about it, try again next year" CAN U SEE WHAT THE USELESS NORTHERNER WORKING IN THE HR IS TELLING PEOPLE WHO APPLIED . TELL ME MY MILITANTS WILL NOT GO AHEAD TO BLAST BONGA OIL FIELD OWNED BY SHELL.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by Abegye: 1:28pm On Jun 23, 2008
Respectfully I say this: Otega you are sounding sentimental on this issue. No matter how Amina responded to you, it was not worth describing her as "USELESS NORTHERNER". Do you know whether she is a southerner bearing that name? After all, we have Yorubas that bear Amina. Please I advise that you guard your utterances. This forum, I believe, is not meant for sentimental approach to issues.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by lindaamina: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2008
as a graduate i think we should be more responsible,especially when it comes to the issued of uttrances, just becos she told you that you were not shortlisted you pick offence in it,and brought sentiment into the whole issued, even if u dont work in shell you can still earn a better living somewhere else.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by favcom(m): 2:52pm On Jun 23, 2008
C'mon, stop sounding like a loser
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by jaybee3(m): 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2008
I seriously doubt the amina girl would have said something along the line of " if u didn't get any mail from us it means u were not shortlisted and there is nothing we can do about it, try again next year" when you just called and asked the status of your application without you prompting further on what she can do for you.
Would you have preferred if she answered by saying the will get back to you (holding on to a non starter) even when she obviously knows you weren't successful?
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by aitoehigie: 11:02am On Jun 24, 2008
My theory has just become a law! i.e. (maturity doesn't come with old age) OTEGA1 I will advice you to learn how to control your utterances, calling someone a "USELESS NORTHERNER" doesn't show any sign of maturity at all!. Do you think just because you are from the Niger delta or wherever, mean that you have the sole prerogative to jobs in the oil sector?. I always have this saying, what is yours is yours, nobody on this earth can take it away from you. Who knows, maybe God has something bigger than shell for you? So try to grow up.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by dawaskee(m): 11:59am On Jun 24, 2008
OTEGA 1,
U don fuk up!!!
I will suggest U appologise to Amina and all d notherners in this house 4 Ur urtterances. This forum will not tolorate this kind of nonsence from U. Dont U think Amina might even be a southener(even from ur village) but married to a northener I know U re not happy, but learn how to speak in a forum like this where all is invited(even non-Nigerians).
Its an advise.

Oneluv!!!
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by yek: 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2008
Guy them no call u . . . so ?

Watch ur comment !
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by gunpoint(m): 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2008
otega is obviously a fool who if evn calld up 4 a test wulda faild woefully anyway,
alot of us blame dis guyz 4 nt callin us bt r actually ntin 2 rite home abt if finally given d opportunity. . .

otega,
in truth, der realy is no room 4 som1 lyk u in d oil industry,
xcept we luk in2 d possibility of a vacancy 4 militants and vagabonds.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by watershed1: 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2008
Hello Guys,
OTEGA1 obviously spoke in annoyance and all you could do was to advice him. I believe he is remorseful right now.
If we all yab him and insult him--how then are we difrent from the character we are opposing.
lets be wise here.
OTEGA, I am from the Niger Delta like you and I understand your pain. But dont let this wear you out. Just believe that God in his mercies will make way for you someday soon.
take care
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by ebele25: 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2008
dont be a sore loser, i wast invited for the test either. you dont have to get tribalistic, that's really not cool. cool down mister.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by Ena345(f): 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2008
Otega, Oniovo me:

That was a streak of frustration there. Pls guard ur tongue, Amina is not shell. She only represents them.

Mature individuals should b able to overcome sentuments and act with a balanced sense of resoning. Even if u passed, this ur unruly xter would have shown up somewhere nd disqualified u
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by jideflows(m): 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2008
please u guys should not blame him much, it happens especially when u know where u are from, it happen but bros take am easy ok. if we all act and speak this way we wont move 4ward in this country, guy my village get more than 10 shell oil wells, if u know otorogun u will understand what am saying, but no work, i wont force them , when its your turn it always be, just be patience ok my brother, no mind the jide, ok.
Take am easy.
Please you people should take it easy on him ok, i beg
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by Radiant(f): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2008
If SHELL would have to employ everyone that applies. . . . . .

Dude, go drink "ice water" calm down.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by deor03(m): 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2008
With all due respect, i think Niger delta youth should not let their job search end at the door steps of Oil companies.

I have several Niger delta friends that would most likely turn down oil company offers because of what they are doing now.

Oil companies just like other companies recruit people to fill into roles, not just employ a number of guys to fill a quota.

Besides there are a couple of small companies paying heavily, giving international travels and training, opportunity to network and grow that even the like of shell, Mobil will not give.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by Radiant(f): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2008
Yea. . . them people have become monsters that we should fear. Lazy ass jobless touts
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by temtenbula(m): 4:30pm On Jun 29, 2008
otega y now?what course did u studied?i have a job 4 u in d north.send ur cv to this adress mail2firstlady@yahoo.com.pls only him should send.if u want to work in d north,do d same thing otega did.
one love house
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by osayifu: 9:03am On Jun 30, 2008
Otega!which hole did u grow up?her name na Amina mean say na northerner?besides,as u old reach u never still sabi use sense talk?dem no call u mean say u go curse am?besides,no b ur mates wey dem no invite gate crash write test?did Shell say that as soon as you apply you are guaranteed an invitation?u tink say ur application too tight?go bomb their oil fields now,na we all dey Naija.na we all go suffer am last last.
mehn guy,wise up o.abeg. dem no call u no b end of the world.e no mean say u go dey come nairaland dey dull urself.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by gongoaso1: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2008
such myopic reasoning from mr. poster sad embarassed sad
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by kennyo1: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2008
Otega(1), Otega(2), Otega(3)!!!
3 times i called. the purpose u made that blonder was 4 u to learn. straighten up, don't betray ur personality in the public. Ppl with such attitude are not needed in places where , Just b careful.
One ninja.
Let us leave as one
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by hebro1: 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2008
d guy na just mumu jare
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by SOJ(m): 8:48pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ Otega1
no wonder u weren't shortlisted, since when did vacancies in oil companies bcome the sole property of Nigerdelta indigenes? u r so lame minded,my dear.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by waynehead: 7:44am On Jul 01, 2008
mr mumu grow up and stop sulking. your being from the niger delta dosent guarantee you a job in the oil industry. as for the amina gal talking to you like that (dats if she actually spoke that way) you probably deserved it. she must have been relating with the likes of you who call to whine and bug. if you want to vent your anger or shout at someone go do it to the wall in your room. i hear its more therapeutic grin.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by Emperoh(m): 10:38am On Jul 01, 2008
U have all said it all
its also heart warming that a lot of us can still be very sensible to discern good and bad
and even upbraid someone for coming here to spill pillocks

I wonder what he wanted to be told.

But let me ask you Otega,
What is making you angry cos i can't see ANY reason for your anger?
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by ochallo: 11:19am On Jul 01, 2008
why does every body have to follow a particular trend on a thread, i'm really sick of nairalanders whose post are influenced by the previous post. otega, the application to shell was too much so they picked only the first class and 2.1, according to reliable information, i understand your frustration even if it was your townsperson you probably would have said the same thing ,shell pays them 3.5 million, those that pass the difficult test and get into training school.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by bjthompson: 11:49am On Jul 01, 2008
Otega, take it easy. Your reaction is not acceptable. Even if you didn't like the way she answered you, it's still no ground to call her names. We all know some people can be rude when they in certain position, especially if they have not been through much.
I had such experience with NLNG, the HR lady was also rude to me but I made no issue out of it. Two wrongs don't make a right. Like my people will say “don’t graze with a monkey" because people might not know the difference between the two of you, no offence intended.
Amina can be from Lagos, Osun, any where, even Edo.
Brother we are all Nigerians and above all we are all humans. One love
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by Radiant(f): 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2008
ochallo:

why does every body have to follow a particular trend on a thread, i'm really sick of nairalanders whose post are influenced by the previous post. otega, the application to shell was too much so they picked only the first class and 2.1, according to reliable information, i understand your frustration even if it was your townsperson you probably would have said the same thing ,shell pays them 3.5 million, those that pass the difficult test and get into training school.

Or may be everyone spotted the error in his post just like you, Mister.
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by abbeyjesu(m): 7:46am On Jul 02, 2008
hey guys, i've read wt total dismay a rain of abuses on OTEGA1 as a result of his post. While i don't agree with him on his utterances, i think it's nt right for nairalanders to take him up they way we did. He spoke out of frustration and annoyance. OTEGA1, where u 'll get to in life, nobody will stop u from getting there.
Who knows whether u will eventually wk in shell.
on the Niger Delta violence, that's nt too gud bt i believe God himself will intervene.
Nice dayyyyy
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by kaymd: 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2008
@abbeyjesu
abbeyjesu:

hey guys, i've read wt total dismay a rain of abuses on OTEGA1 as a result of his post. While i don't agree with him on his utterances, i think it's nt right for nairalanders to take him up they way we did. He spoke out of frustration and annoyance. OTEGA1, where u 'll get to in life, nobody will stop u from getting there.
Who knows whether u will eventually wk in shell.
on the Niger Delta violence, that's nt too good bt i believe God himself will intervene.
Nice dayyyyy

You just spoke my mind: agreed that OTEGA1's utterances were not respectful but pls landers give him a break, what some ppl have said in reply to his post is far worse than the original "offence". Afterall, if u intend to correct someone in error, you don't endlessly water him with abuses; how do you then show that u r any better?, the land is tough and ppl are bound to be irritable,

It shall be well smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by osayifu: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2008
ah ah?Otega.we no come hear from you again o.u don cool down now?
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by uncleO: 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2008
Ortega, truly used words where they should not be used and wrongly

But most of you are gulty as just like him

why calling ortega fool, ortega dumd, ortega mumu:

Hey let's be there for each other.

when you ecounter something like this, you ahve to take it easy

ortega take easy, guys take it easy with ortega.

here this, before the end of this year most of us will be singing God's on our executives office chair

Shalom
Re: How Shell Played On Our Intelligence by aji4u(m): 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2008
@Otega ,

me i no go blame u na vex u take talk. And to be sincer with out selves Otega ahould be given a chance to prove himself, may be the people dey called for the test are dull boys and otega feels he is sharper than them . Otega i no blame u .

even the HR sef no try reach otega.

(1) (2) (Reply)

KPMG, Pricewaterhousecoopers, Ernst & Young RECRUITING. APPLY NOW / US Embassy Recruiting Teachers To Teach Hausa And Yoruba In America For 9 Months / I Need Confirmation On This Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.