Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:10 PM

Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen (1957 Views)

Railways: Jonathan Lacked Vision –obasanjo / Railway Lies- Jonathan Confirms That OBJ Revived The Railways Not Him (VIDEO) / FG To Privatise Railways, Inland Waterways, 6 Others In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by taharqa: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
[size=20]THIS IS JUST FOR THE RECORD[/size]

I recently read this Article by chance, and its Significance hits me immediately.

Here, the NORTHERN Daily trust Editorial Team, through this Editorial, made a HUGE TURN-AROUND by finally admitting remarkable Progress by the GEJ Administration in the Railways Sector, although of course saying that more work needed to be done- in fact, the title of their Article is "Don't Derail these Projects"!! What is significant here is that just 1 or 2 months ago, this same Daily trust (like the many HATERS, never-seen-well, Blind and HYPOCRITICAL 'opposition' CLOWNS and their unfortunate IGNORANT 'Victims'- they know themselves here on NL) said that the claims of Govt on developments in this Sector was a Lie. They said that this Govt was 'NOT DOING ANYTHING'. They said that SURE-P is a Fraud(esp this Paper). They called those of us who were tryin to point certain things out names. Today, on Railways, they are beginning to sing a new song cos the LIES are becoming too damn hard to repeat. The TRUTH is now forcing its way out, steadily.

Like it is in the Railways, so it recently is becoming in the Aviation and Agriculture Sectors. So it is beginning to be in Power Sector(and, this is the BIG one of course). So it would be in many other Sectors, eventually.

Like I always say here: na dem go TIRE. Na dem go talk truth with their mouths, eventually. Na dem go Confess.

The Goodluck Jonathan administration touts the re-emer-gence of train services in the country as one of its major achievements in the last two years. The rail sector in this country has indeed been in a comatose state for nearly two decades, despite talks-and failed efforts-by previous administrations of reviving the sector.

Even though the trains recently seen on the rail lines are nowhere near what things were in the past, it is nevertheless something to be hopeful that progress is now being made in the revival of this key transport sector, which would have a revolutionizing effect on the national economy and society once it is fully revived and modernised.

[b]The rail revitalization project, as outlined recently by Transport Minister Senator Idris Umar, is part of a 25-year programme to rehabilitate, modernize and stabilize rail transport in Nigeria. This ‘strategic vision for railway development’ includes the rehabilitation of existing narrow gauge lines, construction of standard gauge lines and linking all state capitals by rail, much like the Trunk A road system. When fully achieved, the impact that these could have on the national economy would be tremendous.

So far, there are signs of progress in this plan, though a lot still needs to be done. It is perhaps in this sector that intervention by SURE-P has been most noticeable. According to Umar, so far 90 percent of the existing 3,505kms of narrow gauge rail line in all parts of the country are at various stages of rehabilitation. As a result, the Western rail corridor of Lagos-Kano saw the kick-off of passenger and freight services in December last year while rail services are expected to kick off in the Eastern corridor of Port Harcourt-Maiduguri by year’s end.
Currently, intra-state mass transit rail services have begun in Lagos, Kaduna and Kano-Challawa routes, while inter-city passenger services operate in Lagos-Ibadan, Kaduna-Minna, Kaduna-Kafanchan and Kano-Nguru. An Offa-Kano Express Train Service is also started. Rehabilitation of Apapa port rail line has been completed while other ports are to be linked by rail. In the last two years, Nigeria’s rail carried 4 million passengers and 561,000 tonnes of cargo. This is a small figure compared to what things were decades ago; but it is an encouraging sign at least that the traffic may improve.
This country has been proposing the building of a standard gauge rail line for four decades now. The plan was actually incorporated into the Third National Development of 1975-1980 but was never done. This time, construction of the 187km Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge line is underway and is expected to be completed by the end of next year, according to the government’s projection. Construction of the 274km Lagos-Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri standard gauge line is 80% complete while Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge work was recently started as part of what the Transport Ministry said is a long-term Lagos-Kano standard gauge line. All these projects are welcome signs that there is positive movement in the rail sector for the first time in two decades.[/b]

In recent weeks, controversy has trailed the award of contracts for conducting feasibility studies for the national network of standard gauge lines. The purpose of the feasibility studies, as government officials explained, is to attract private investors under the terms of a Private Public Partnership [PPP] project. This is understandable because the costs involved and the demands of other equally important sectors. The studies will establish the technical, economic and viability models of the projects; provide proposals for alignment and connections to urban and commercial settlements and identify potential train stations and workshops all leading to submission of preliminary and final engineering designs.
The problem, as critics have alleged, is that these rail feasibility studies contracts were on the high side, even though officials have explained that they were advertised in 2011, that the bids were evaluated by SURE-P, Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission and Transport Ministry; the Bureau of Public Enterprises [BPP] issued ‘no objection’ certificates before the Federal Executive Council approved them. However, such controversy should not derail these all-important national projects. If there are corrections to be made, the National Assembly through its relevant committees should step in to examine them. In all cases the rail modernization programme should be pursued as a top national priority. Much of Nigeria’s future economic and social life rests on it.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/editorial/6053-don-t-derail-these-projects

4 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
Abeg who sang Ijo Shina by Shina Peters?

1 Like

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
One after the other, HATERS must bow to FRESH AIR

7 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by awodman: 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
There is this saying that no matter how far LIES have travelled the TRUTH will eventually overtake it...Let the PHCN be handed over next week(Oct 2 precisely),then we will even witness more positives...

5 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by taharqa: 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
awodman: There is this saying that no matter how far LIES have travelled the TRUTH will eventually overtake it...Let the PHCN be handed over next week(Oct 2 precisely),then we will even witness more positives...

You can say that again, my Brov
Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by safepassage2015: 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
Front page pls!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by bloggernaija: 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
The train seen on the ground is a culmination of the work started since the days of Abacha .
I remember when Abacha when work started on the tracks.
There was an inter- lull during Abdusalam .
Obasanjo resurrected it by reengaging the Chinese ,paid for it and brought out a blue print which estimated that it will cost over 33 billion dollars to modernize the nigerian rail sector.
Jonathan is simply there to claim the work of past leaders.
And he has done nothing imaginative beyond the work that has already being done by his predecessors.
Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by safepassage2015: 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
bloggernaija: The train seen on the ground is a culmination of the work started since the days of Abacha .
Obasanjo resurrected it by reengaging the Chinese ,paid for it and brought out a blue print which estimated that it will cost over 33 billion dollars to modernize the nigerian rail sector.
And he has done nothing imaginative beyond the work that has already being done by his predecessors.
so abacha started it, obj grounded it and nw gej made it move yet u cant gv gej the glory for making things work? Bloody hypocrites

5 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by taharqa: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
bloggernaija: The train seen on the ground is a culmination of the work started since the days of Abacha .

Like I always say here: na dem go TIRE. Na dem go talk truth with their mouths, eventually. Na dem go Confess.

3 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by idumuose(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2013
Honestly I never used to like GEJ but the efforts he is making to
put things right,I now begin to believe that he is dedicated to
Revamping the economy which was destroyed by his predecessors.
I pray for Ɣ☺u everyday and the Lord will see Ɣ☺u through.Very
soon your detractors mostly in APC will bury their empty bald heads
in shame.

12 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by taharqa: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
idumuose: Honestly I never used to like GEJ but the efforts he is making to
put things right,I now begin to believe that he is dedicated to
Revamping the economy which was destroyed by his predecessors.
I pray for Ɣ☺u everyday and the Lord will see Ɣ☺u through.Very
soon your detractors mostly in APC will bury their empty bald heads
in shame.
And as have happened to you, many more people (just like d Ultracritical Daily Trust Editorial Team above) wud have to change their previous opinions over time as more and more of these Efforts come to undeniable conclusions.... That has always been d Promise

1 Like

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by Longeria(m): 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2013
O boy your MUMU don ripe.

5 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by tomakint: 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sometimes I wonder aloud to myself what kind of elements made up those APC e-thugs here, they can never see anything straight from the man of the moment, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, yet, they want to be partakers of his government while it lasts, no wonder they are all bunch of HYPOCRITES!

4 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
Haba maderators this one suppose dey front page o

4 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by taharqa: 8:07am On Sep 28, 2013
tomakint: Sometimes I wonder aloud to myself what kind of elements made up those APC e-thugs here, they can never see anything straight from the man of the moment, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, yet, they want to be partakers of his government while it lasts, no wonder they are all bunch of HYPOCRITES!

Na dem go TIRE.....

1 Like

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by Rossikk(m): 8:17am On Sep 28, 2013
Really, you have no shame.

3 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by ikweremilitant: 8:41am On Sep 28, 2013
awodman: There is this saying that no matter how far LIES have travelled the TRUTH will eventually overtake it...Let the PHCN be handed over next week(Oct 2 precisely),then we will even witness more positives...
nd no mater hw hard d oni baje crew try to tarnish d image of dis govt gej continues to garnish it wit hardwok to put diaj pay masters to shame

1 Like

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by ikweremilitant: 8:47am On Sep 28, 2013
congrates u just won d price as d mumu of d yr nd ds ur swis bank pin to claim ur price.m.u.g.u 2013.o.d.e

2 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by gramci: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2013
where are the evil men of nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by Confusionist(m): 9:05am On Sep 28, 2013
ok, i dnt like Jonathan, but stop trying to discredit him on this!

It is true that the rail tracks were being drawn since abachas regime and laid during OBJ. But most oif these are to siphon the money!

Trains has been working since OBJ's era (In case they dnt knw). But the wahala be say e no reach fars and ends.

Now, jonathan laid more tracks and brought in the more trains which makes the trains go to the fars and the ends, thereby making the progress more visible.

But the wrong part is for them to bilv Jonathan 'revitalizes' it! because wen i was hearing the transformation agenda, i tot we will be having a bullet train dropped on our lines. i didn't knw we are just buying old repainted rusty trains and laying more tracks!

Ranging from Abacha to jonathan are all fools! Don't they visit other countries and see wot trains are?

Well, he tried. But we need trains and not these old things!

If he can do it, let him!
Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by ochejoseph(m): 9:56am On Sep 28, 2013
@taharqa excellent piece. a city set on a hill cannot be hidden ,once the private sector finally takes over the power sector and the present improvement spread further inland all the Enemies you see today u will see them No more.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by taharqa: 10:01am On Sep 28, 2013
Confusionist: ok, i dnt like Jonathan, but stop trying to discredit him on this!

It is true that the rail tracks were being drawn since abachas regime and laid during OBJ. But most oif these are to siphon the money!

Trains has been working since OBJ's era (In case they dnt knw). But the wahala be say e no reach fars and ends.

Now, jonathan laid more tracks and brought in the more trains which makes the trains go to the fars and the ends, thereby making the progress more visible.

But the wrong part is for them to bilv Jonathan 'revitalizes' it! because wen i was hearing the transformation agenda, i tot we will be having a bullet train dropped on our lines. i didn't knw we are just buying old repainted rusty trains and laying more tracks!

Ranging from Abacha to jonathan are all fools! Don't they visit other countries and see wot trains are?

All these Blind peoples sef grin. READ:

Daily trust:
The rail revitalization project, as outlined recently by Transport Minister Senator Idris Umar, is part of a 25-year programme to rehabilitate, modernize and stabilize rail transport in Nigeria. This ‘strategic vision for railway development’ includes the rehabilitation of existing narrow gauge lines, construction of standard gauge lines and linking all state capitals by rail, much like the Trunk A road system. When fully achieved, the impact that these could have on the national economy would be tremendous.

So far, there are signs of progress in this plan, though a lot still needs to be done. It is perhaps in this sector that intervention by SURE-P has been most noticeable. According to Umar, so far 90 percent of the existing 3,505kms of narrow gauge rail line in all parts of the country are at various stages of rehabilitation. As a result, the Western rail corridor of Lagos-Kano saw the kick-off of passenger and freight services in December last year while rail services are expected to kick off in the Eastern corridor of Port Harcourt-Maiduguri by year’s end.
Currently, intra-state mass transit rail services have begun in Lagos, Kaduna and Kano-Challawa routes, while inter-city passenger services operate in Lagos-Ibadan, Kaduna-Minna, Kaduna-Kafanchan and Kano-Nguru. An Offa-Kano Express Train Service is also started. Rehabilitation of Apapa port rail line has been completed while other ports are to be linked by rail. In the last two years, Nigeria’s rail carried 4 million passengers and 561,000 tonnes of cargo. This is a small figure compared to what things were decades ago; but it is an encouraging sign at least that the traffic may improve.

This country has been proposing the building of a standard gauge rail line for four decades now. The plan was actually incorporated into the Third National Development of 1975-1980 but was never done. This time, construction of the 187km Abuja-Kaduna standard gauge line is underway and is expected to be completed by the end of next year, according to the government’s projection. Construction of the 274km Lagos-Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri standard gauge line is 80% complete while Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge work was recently started as part of what the Transport Ministry said is a long-term Lagos-Kano standard gauge line. All these projects are welcome signs that there is positive movement in the rail sector for the first time in two decades
Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by wesley80(m): 10:26am On Sep 28, 2013
taharqa:

All these Blind peoples grin. READ:

It isnt just blindness but daftness, its like an imp trying to play in the NBA - how? Its simply a question of CAPACITY! Why would anyone whose thinking faculty is not seriously atrophied be expecting super modern trains all over the country within two years? It just beats me, the irony of it all is that he had the effrontery to call someone Jonathan! You have to hand it to this guy - a grenade i mean.
Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by vizboy(m): 11:04am On Sep 28, 2013
Fresh air from the Right
Fresh air from the left
Fresh air from both back and front

Goodluck Wetin Na you wan kill person with your Fresh air

Na by force to collect all these fresh air?

Anyway there is still more to be done. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by taharqa: 11:54am On Sep 28, 2013
wesley80: It isnt just blindness but daftness, its like an imp trying to play in the NBA - how? Its simply a question of CAPACITY! Why would anyone whose thinking faculty is not seriously atrophied be expecting super modern trains all over the country within two years? It just beats me, the irony of it all is that he had the effrontery to call someone Jonathan! You have to hand it to this guy - a grenade i mean.
Bros, d thing tire pesin...
Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by nku5: 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
@OP - this is the kano to lagos train about to leave minna station at about 7.30 am. The train from what I heard, arrives and leaves like clockwork. I was surprised because all we have heard is that nothing is being done etc. Honestly I think nigerians are just used to bad news. No one bothers to check.
Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by awodman: 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
nku5: @OP - this is the kano to lagos train about to leave minna station at about 7.30 am. The train from what I heard, arrives and leaves like clockwork. I was surprised because all we have heard is that nothing is being done etc. Honestly I think nigerians are just used to bad news. No one bothers to check.
Seems you wanted to post a picture..its not showing
Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by taharqa: 9:20am On Sep 29, 2013
ochejoseph: @taharqa excellent piece. a city set on a hill cannot be hidden ,once the private sector finally takes over the power sector and the present improvement spread further inland all the Enemies you see today u will see them No more.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Thank you, my Brvda...
Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2013
vizboy: Fresh air from the Right
Fresh air from the left
Fresh air from both back and front

Goodluck Wetin Na you wan kill person with your Fresh air

Na by force to collect all these fresh air?

Anyway there is still more to be done. Keep it up
Bros no stress urself since they did not want fresh air na fresh wind go carry them dump for sahara desert where they belong.
Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2013
Anti-fresh air mods,pls move dis to front page

1 Like

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by talk2s(m): 10:51am On Sep 29, 2013
Confusionist: ok, i dnt like Jonathan, but stop trying to discredit him on this!

"Ranging from Abacha to jonathan are all fools!"
Shebi Obasanjo is not included?
If you don't learn the art and application of appreciation, whether you like the receiver or not, you will labour for long. Grow up pikin!
Front page mod, except, maybe, you are compromised!

1 Like

Re: Daily Trust Makes HUGE U-TURN: Admits Remarkable Process In The Railways, Commen by oldenglish: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
I pity your parents for wasting their money for your school fees. Why not date it back to Lord Luggard. That will make more sense.

I think it better to apolitical like myself so that you criticise wisely.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Black Hawk Helicopter Vs $250 Russian RPG / Why Was Kwankaso Completely Absent From Buhari's Kano Campaign? / Does The President Have Constitutional Powers To Sack Jega?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.