Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Post your PHP Problems Here - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post your PHP Problems Here (63238 Views)

Thread For All Your Blogging Related Problems Here / Get And Request For Your Php Problems Here / Connecting To Your Gmail Account From Your Php Application. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2013
I see this is more of an ego thread than actual help for people who need it.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Elvisten10(m): 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
blink182: I see this is more of an ego thread than actual help for people who need it.
i don't think you need help, you are just looking for someone to do your site for you or give you a code that you just copy here and paste there, this is a wrong thread for that. The other guy that quoted you told you all you need, you should have tried studing them and coming back here.

1 Like

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by dhtml(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
blink182: I see this is more of an ego thread than actual help for people who need it.
Am not so sure yet, still too early to decide
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Elvisten10(m): 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
no more problems ?
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by dhtml(m): 8:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nay, at least not for now
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by efeboy(m): 2:44am On Oct 07, 2013
Hey boss, how about printing a web page purely with <?php?>. I have tried studying this one but it seems the only way to do this task is by downloading some kind of software or module extension blah blah.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by teemy(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2013
efeboy: Hey boss, how about printing a web page purely with <?php?>. I have tried studying this one but it seems the only way to do this task is by downloading some kind of software or module extension blah ...
could you say more
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by efeboy(m): 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Okay this is what i mean.

You create a form that passes the value of the fields to a receipt (a web page). You need to print the receipt window. Ordinarily calling the print() method of the document object using JavaScript should do, but in this case you want to print out the page using pure <?php?> code.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by teemy(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
ok. the receipt_number in your form becomes $_POST['receipt_number'] and not $receipt_number if you are making reference to it. if you used GET method in your form instead of POST use $_GET['receipt_number'] instead. remember your concatenations (.)
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by teemy(m): 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
final answer could be echo $_POST['receipt_number']; or echo "Your receipt number is ".$_POST['receipt_number']; . alternatively you can use the print in place of the echo function.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2013
efeboy: Okay this is what i mean.

You create a form that passes the value of the fields to a receipt (a web page). You need to print the receipt window. Ordinarily calling the print() method of the document object using JavaScript should do, but in this case you want to print out the page using pure <?php?> code.

Maybe you can echo the javascript print but NO you can not use only php to print.

Slight chance, I may be wrong though!

<form>
<input type="button" value="
Print this page" onClick="
window.print()">
</form >

That's the javascript for that
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by teemy(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
you can add a target=_blank in your form line maybe after the method attribute to display your results in a new window or tab
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by efeboy(m): 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
The reason i am going with php and php alone is because i want the page to be absolutely browser independent.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
ngh
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
efeboy: The reason i am going with php and php alone is because i want the page to be absolutely browser independent.
PHP cannot give you browser indepent stuff, because for php to show output in a browser, it will need to render HTML output - and html output is browser independent,
this means that you need to understand the core difference between HTML and PHP. Capabilities of the two will make you understand what it means and how to create a page that is browser dependent.
But again, there are some php techniques that allow you to detect the browser in use to redirect or to display output compatible with that browser - but that is a discussion for another thread.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by dcitizen1: 10:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
I will like some codes for objective based questions for php that will deliver answer after submiting the answers. I need how the php codes are structured to yield the objective based questions. I look forward to your generous contribution. Thanks
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
d citizen:
I will like some codes for objective based questions for php that will deliver answer after submiting the answers. I need how the php codes are structured to yield the objective based questions. I look forward to your generous contribution. Thanks

That's shouldn't be a problem,

You might use a form's checkbox then when they are all checked, after submitting you will process it and return with the answers or any way you want it.

May be you should give more details, I want to try it out here and give you full code
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by efeboy(m): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2013
@all, am so sorry. its amazing how one word(browser-independent that is) can change the whole idea. @dhtml, Thanks though. i actually should have put JavaScript-independent, that is it i want my code to be completely free off any client-side script. I want to send a webpage to the printer with just php alone. Great thread!.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by ibtha14u: 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Hi evryone

Im having a problem getting an installer.php to activate on the domain that it is suppose to be installed on. When i type in the link on the browser, i get a 404 error. Anyone that can help me solve this simple mistery of mine, i would like to appreciate you with a recharge card of there choice, you can also contact me on whatsapp (07083565577).
Thank you
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
efeboy: @all, am so sorry. its amazing how one word(browser-independent that is) can change the whole idea. @dhtml, Thanks though. i actually should have put JavaScript-independent, that is it i want my code to be completely free off any client-side script. I want to send a webpage to the printer with just php alone. Great thread!.
Yes that is possible, you can detect the browser and render the output based on the browser.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by coolakins(m): 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
To the Pros in the house, kindly drop any hints... I just set up a wamp server2.x to exploring php. But it seems my web server is not turned on as my browsers do not display my php files. Also I am expected to have fig1 but I have fig2.
any hints will be highly appreciated (on how to turn on my Apache web server 2.4.4)

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Elvisten10(m): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
@all, am sorry i was kind of busy so i was unable to help. Am back now a bit.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Elvisten10(m): 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
ibtha14u: Hi evryone

Im having a problem getting an installer.php to activate on the domain that it is suppose to be installed on. When i type in the link on the browser, i get a 404 error. Anyone that can help me solve this simple mistery of mine, i would like to appreciate you with a recharge card of there choice, you can also contact me on whatsapp (07083565577).
Thank you
www.yourdomain.com/install.php
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Elvisten10(m): 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
cool_akins: To the Pros in the house, kindly drop any hints... I just set up a wamp server2.x to exploring php. But it seems my web server is not turned on as my browsers do not display my php files. Also I am expected to have fig1 but I have fig2.
any hints will be highly appreciated (on how to turn on my Apache web server 2.4.4)
i wish i had a pc, but i haven't used one before so i can't help.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by spikesC(m): 1:04am On Oct 09, 2013
cool_akins: To the Pros in the house, kindly drop any hints... I just set up a wamp server2.x to exploring php. But it seems my web server is not turned on as my browsers do not display my php files. Also I am expected to have fig1 but I have fig2.

lol, you have the right one. grin

The first is when u install apache only, the second is wamp page.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by efeboy(m): 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
*dhtml:

Yes that is possible, you can detect the browser and render the output based on the browser.
Great thanks. How then can you send your web page to the printer machine without calling any JavaScript method. ?php? code only.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by adewasco2k(m): 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
efeboy: Great thanks. How then can you send your web page to the printer machine without calling any JavaScript method. ?php? code only.

Checkout this php function

flush()
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by ibtha14u: 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
Elvisten10: www.yourdomain.com/install.php

thanks for the reply but ive tried that.. still getting a 404 error.... thanks its been solved...
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Elvisten10(m): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
ibtha14u:

thanks for the reply but ive tried that.. still getting a 404 error.... thanks its been solved...
share with us how you fixed it and what you were trying to install, it might help someone by doing so.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by dcitizen1: 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
hw can i get a php codes to time an objective based question so dat once the time is exceeded, the question section is time out? I also need full explanation on hw to do quick exam marker for objective based question

1. What is the shape of the earth?
A. Spherical b. Elliptical c. Rectangular d. Square

Once the candidate click submit, result of the candidate is displayed. Also, i will be using radio for the option. I need a clue, fellow webmaster.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
efeboy: Great thanks. How then can you send your web page to the printer machine without calling any JavaScript method. ?php? code only.
This shows that you still do not understand the basic difference between php and javascript. You need to find this out first so that you can understand that PHP does not have anything at all to do with PRINTER - except if the printer lives on the server. Javascript and flash can handle printing on the client side.
PHP runs on the server while javascript runs on the client system. You need to really understand what this really really means.

1 Like

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by coolakins(m): 1:10am On Oct 10, 2013
spikes C:

lol, you have the right one. grin

The first is when u install apache only, the second is wamp page.
Thanks! I thought as much too. But my browser is not displaying my php files (its either blank or returning the source codes for all *.php)
Any tips?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Is Your Blog Powered By Wordpress? / Add More Than One Website Url To Your Twitter Account. / Top Google Searches By Nigerians 2015;Arsenal,Buhari,Diezani Arrest tops d list.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.