Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) (1785 Views)

The Line Between Love And Lust / Rap Poetry: The Girl I Met In The Church / Between Love And Lust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
Have u ever written from the bitterness of your heart and you don't just know where you are heading to? But at the end u just stop only to be overwhelmed by what u wrote when you read through.
An interesting fact is that I am not a poet (A novice) infact this is my first ever written poetry(I think because it sounds poetic).
Its a write up deep from my heart that brought hope when I read through it for the first time.

Thought I should share. I titled it "The thin line line between love and hate"

Read and appreciate your life.

Verse 1
Its my life; I say. I can do what I want with it.
I can even take it if I want. I want to live it;
I choose. I want to share it; I do.
Love is good; I think.
I wish I have it; I dream.
I need to use it. I need to live it.
If I love my life, I will not be worried.
If I love my life, I will not feel this empty.
I lost the love I had for myself and now I am lonely.

Verse 2
The day I failed myself, I refused the comfort of love.
I looked at her in hate. Yes Hate.
I looked behind love towards hate.
I took the part to journey in solitude hoping no one will find me especially Love.
My life became thirsty in my journey through the desert.
I felt pity for my life, I wanted to let it rest while I journey.
I realized life was never gonna let go of me.
It has been part of me that I call it me....
I kept seeing her from afar but I never got to her or even close. I ask myself,"is it a mirage I see or is she just moving on?"
I ponder but I don't mind, I still want to meet her.
"Hate".
Yes she is Hate.
I heard she is good at making you let go of your miserable life, I also heard she advices reincarnation as the best option to ending your misery.
She has led so many people in this world to an ad mentioned peaceful exit.
I wonder, when will I reach her, hold her, and call her my hate?...
I still see life crawling but never wanna let go. I wish it could talk to me, but it has never and won't.
I pause to reminisce how life communicated to me, it smiled or frowned but now it cries in weakness, its mouth is dry with sores, its face has turn pale with the attraction of the desert dust.
Life use to smile all the time when Love was with me.
It frowns just a little when I erred.

Verse 3
I fear; yes I do, I fear because I feel I have gone so far from home.
I fear because I feel my failure will hunt me soon. I fear because I don't care for life anymore....
Damn, this journey is not ending soon; I see.
Hate is just a mirage.
Gosh what have I been thinking?
I'm angry now, I wish I can hate; Hate.
As a wise saying goes, there is a thin line between love and hate.
That thin line is what I still journey; I wonder.
What is this with my failure, why did I capitalize on this failure, what special thing did I do for my successes, Is something missing in my life?
So many questions that I know the answers. Still I choose to deny not to know the answers, still I choose to lie to myself.
But true, there are questions I don't know the answers to.
Love couldn't tell me, my family and friends couldn't tell me even my pastors couldn't say.
It is like a question's question.
Deeper than the shallow of depths.
Hmmm I sigh and take a look at my life once more.
I have been sitting in rest but it has been lying down still gazing at me like its only hope.

Verse 4
What can I do? What can I do? Oh God...
God! God!!
Did I just mention God? Oh I remember The Word! Yes the word of God in the holy book.
I think a bit, but I... I couldn't have known because I missed feeding into the book.
I think of my mother, there is no passing day she doesn't talk about the word.
I know I am not suppose to fear because the word says "Fear not".
I think I'm a snap close to finding the answer to the big question. I remember now from the book came mentioned a question with a soluble answer "where thou shall my help come from?"
And it answered,
"my help cometh from the lord Almighty"
Oh..oh the Lord Almighty I see...
That must be the way that leads to the truth for a better life. But... What is the way? I ask.
I remember the holy book mentioned, Jesus christ the son of God as the way, the truth and the life.
I think once more, is Jesus christ the missing catalyst in my life?...
Time is ticking... I realize I am running short of time and my life is weakened by my despair.
I need you; I thought... I need my life back.
Oh God how could I be this heartless to my life?
I weep for myself, for my wickedness, for my love for hate...
It is never too late to start all over again, so long there is life, there is Hope.
Life is sweet if you spice it up with love and happiness.
Make every single day count.
Failure is only but a mistake to be avoided in future.
Wake up my life, I have found the truth, the answer to my big question and the way to make you better.
I promise not to give up on you again, and I promise to bring you in union with love forever.
God is Love and Love is the answer to a better life.

Give your life to Christ today, suicide is never an option to take, life should go on until its expiration, death is constant, but happiness is a state u bring to your mind and life. Just be happy, love God and you will love yourself. It is easy.

grin grin grin grin grin (This is me Happy if u like)

I will like your opinions, correction and advise on how to be a better writer, ur comments will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) by Akukaria: 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
I appreciate ur piece. I happen to b guin tru d same catharsis as u penned down. I am sorry I cant help analyze the writeup cos i jus juggled tru it & I honestly dont possess the courage and patience to read it all up. Buh I wud jus commend u 4 empathizing wif me; for writing down ma exact heart intentions(atleast d amount i consumed concured wif ma feelings).
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Akukaria: I appreciate ur piece. I happen to b guin tru d same catharsis as u penned down. I am sorry I cant help analyze the writeup cos i jus juggled tru it & I honestly dont possess the courage and patience to read it all up. Buh I wud jus commend u 4 empathizing wif me; for writing down ma exact heart intentions(atleast d amount i consumed concured wif ma feelings).
Thank you.

Thank you for your encouragement and interest. I wonder if other ppl here are reading. I hope you feel ok. Peace bro
Re: Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) by Goddeylife: 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Wow! Dis is really good. I pray we find this can of courage in times of pains
Re: Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) by Tedpgrass: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nice piece...
To those who are hurting....

Remember this moment/affliction shall pass...
The only constant thing is change!!!

So hold on, bear up, ride over if you can...
The Sun will shine shortly as the night season is over, strength returns!!

Re: Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 09, 2013
Thanks friends, this thread is for someone out there that feels its over. I wish it touched that persons life.
Re: Poetry: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate (Edited version) by Tinkybabe(f): 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
I haven't read all of it but I understand that it's a poem composed to encourage and uplift the heavy-laden.

I think it would look better if arranged into stanzas/verses but if that can't be achieved,try paragraphing it.

Right now,it looks cluttered, jumbled together and really not encouraging to read

Deep content though.

(1) (Reply)

My Poems : Any Reviews? / Stay With Me / If Tomorrow Never Comes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.