Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike (1285 Views)

10 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Hostels / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by kaka22(m): 9:16am On Oct 12, 2013
Vice President Namadi Sambo led the Federal Government team in a renewed negotiation with ASUU to resolve the lingering strike that has crippled the universities.
The meeting held at Aguda house, Presidential Villa on Friday.
In attendance on the part of the Federal Government were the Supervising Minister of Education, Barr. Nyesom Wike, Executive Secretary of National Universities Commission, NUC, Prof. Julius Okojie and technical staff of the Federal Ministry of Education.
Scan-News gathered that ASUU President, Dr Nasir Isa Fagge and his executives were accompanied to the meeting by Committee of Vice Chancellors leadership.
It was learnt that an earlier meeting between Barr. Wike and ASUU leadership teased out areas of possible concession of both sides.
Scan News gathered the Federal Government may concede to ASUU the right to participate as a major stakeholder in the execution of NEEDS Implementation Projects in the universities.
ASUU had complained that the Suswam Committee excluded them from the implementation of projects in the universities.
On the part of ASUU, the meeting agreed that they should suspend their strike, while the process of implementation continues.
A Vice Chancellor of a northern university attending the meeting said that key issues will be ratified and the strike may be resolved in less than two weeks.
According to him, the vigour and forthrightness introduced by the Supervising Minister of Education, Barr. Wike who opened diplomatic channels with ASUU leadership.
“Our belief is that with the ground work already done, this strike should not last more than two weeks”, he said.
If they strike a compromise, the Federal Government will release ASUU’s september Salary today and the lecturers will get their alert next week, it was gathered.
The leaders after the two hours meeting that ended about 2pm on Friday did not issue a statement. Scan News gathered that they will reconvene on Monday before  Sallah.
Source: http:///fNifZs
Re: ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by vocalprince(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2013
Good morning fellow Nigerians! Wetin go delay d strike reach 2 weeks again? Una neva get una money? By the way i dedicate my FTC to God almighty, Mum, Mukina, SEun and Olombebe!
Re: ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by Alexcollins(m): 9:46am On Oct 12, 2013
They should just call it off instead of all dis propaganda.
Re: ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by idedan(m): 9:47am On Oct 12, 2013
I see sumtin good coming out of this.
Re: ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by Gboyee4fun(m): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2013
Haba! 2 weeks again? Dats habatically funny...all striking university lecturers shld resume back to class with immediate commencement of lecture...wats so difficult in saying dat at d end of d meeting?
Re: ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by engrflames: 10:57am On Oct 12, 2013
I Believe about 80% of their demand is for their welfare package, so they have to make sacrifices for their demands and not only students. Greedy ASUU!
Re: ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by kaka22(m): 11:10am On Oct 12, 2013
Re: ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by Dibangoking(m): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2013
OP,Why are you doubling posting....This news is duplicated in the section,yet from the same author.
Re: ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by kaka22(m): 12:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Na nairaland's fault oooo... When I wanted to post, I was asked to wait some some minutes before re-submitting because nairaland's server was overwhelmed or something... After I re-submitted, I discovered the double post...
Re: ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by LadyJul(f): 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
Pure bullshit... I wont believe any thing they say till ASUU calls off the strike, ASUU has shattered my hopes so many times bt i wont let dat happen dis tym
Re: ASUU, FG Meet In Presidential Villa To Resolve Strike by Dibangoking(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2013
Lady~Jul:
Pure bullshit... I wont believe any thing they say till ASUU calls off the strike, ASUU has shattered my hopes so many times bt i wont let dat happen dis tym
lmao...rotfl........I can't fit laugh oh

(1) (Reply)

Your Prayer For Todays ASUU/f.g Meeting / Professor Kunle Lawal Dies / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Go To Medical School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.