Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,401 members, 7,850,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

Who Is Our 'god' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Our 'god' (626 Views)

Is JESUS Our GOD Or Brother ? / Music: How Awesome Is Our God ~ Israel Houghton Ft. Yolanda Adams / Festival Of Life, Ireland, Iyin Ye Olorun Wa, (our God Is Worthy Of Praise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Our 'god' by hairyman(m): 11:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
I have studied in recent times, and when my wandering and imaginative mind permitted, sat in some meditation. I have tried to perceive nature as it truly is and to understand the real TRUTH of the MATTER. I have not succedded yet, I am a little closer to it but still quite far from enlightnment.
Let me tell you a bit of it.
Where do we start?. I think dimensions will make good starting point.
Ok, ancient jewish text stated that there are ten sephiroth or dimensions, all exist in real space time. Each is representative of great advancement in spirit and each dimension is quite well populated.
I am certain you disagree with this. That is fine by the way but let's pretend for a second that you are open minded. Let's pretend you have transcended the fantastic limitations of your religious beliefs, then try explaining to yourself why you adjudge humanity to be the only intelligent beings made. Don't quote genesis, any person with an open mind should by now have understood that genesis is far from literal, so far that should a 'man of God?' preach to you from it in literal terms you should be rest assured that his church isn't where you should be.
So because we were made in God's image and likeness right? Well that's quite an explanation considering that none has seen God for 'any one who sees God must surely die'.
So truly there is no basis except that created by the human mind. Good. So we are of the third dimension, a race of humans, weak, savage, unfriendly, avaricious, name any vice, humans possess it in abundance. The very image and likeness of God right?
There are others I percieved, your belief or the lack thereof doesn't change it, there have always been others and there will always be . Even on earth, there have been others. Yes.
Let's get to that before you begin to crank up genesis mode. Archeologist have discovered so much of early man that even a dull minded person should have begun to have a rethink. There have been the homo habilus, carbon dated to some millions of years, there have been the homo erectus, still some million years old. Homo sapiens, adamic man, the present day humans are not more than 100000 years old. Unless you can actually convince yourself that God was involved in some experiment and getting better at it along the way then, well have a rethink.
That's not the end, there was atlantis, a great civilization, beings of which were giants, the 'Sons of God' who walked upon the earth as stated in Genesis and as stated by many an eastern mystic who were permitted to view the akashic record and thus see earth from its beginnings.
And before atlantis there surely were others.
About markings and drawings: have you any idea how many mayan drawings of such have representations of space ships aka unknown flying objects aka UFOs.
Still doubting? Sure. Get everything you can lay your hands on about siberia.
Just in case you have no idea of what am talking about, siberia is quite a large place in Russia. Quite large. And it is practically frozen. When you live in siberia (laws! Why anyone lives there baffles me!) you will have no use for a refrigerator!. In this place many unearthly things have been found (unearthly by our mundane reckoning) things like a couple of constructions; cauldrons actually quite beyond our technology, a giant here and there, giant skulls (this has been found all over the world; they even have red hairs. Beautiful right?), encounters with humanoids (three russian soldiers were killed and four wounded trying to capture 'little men in silver suits' in lake bailkal), confirmed space ship (UFO) sighting.
Well I am not sharing my theories of creation here, you can believe what you will. But if 'king david' for instance had seen a UFO with all its fantastic lighting, so bright you can barely look at it (as reported by people who have sighted it) how will he describe it. Well there will be no word within his ken at that time in history to do proper justice to it, infact he might settle for 'flaming chariots of the Gods'. And if adam had seen, let's assume a lightsaber (you know star wars right?) or even a laser gun. Would he not likely name it flaming swords? He has no other concepts what so ever to do otherwise.
So in other dimensions, there are greater beings, possibly so far greater than us that they appear as god to us and can truly be for they can do so much that will be marvelous in our sight. It is worth a thought that despite such numerous sightings of UFOs mankind has refused to accept that they are not alone 'Because the thought of deep space travel is too fantastic and marvelous. Heavens, we cannot even get a man to mars yet!.
There are others far more advanced than us. One religion, the most peaceful and religious religion I know on the surface of this bloody earth (guess the name of the religon: The Religion!), recognizes these beings as our maker (as in they made us! Cloned us! Whatever), our god (notice the case of the 'g' for actually there is a God). They recognize this as a fact, a truth. Not by faith, but by knowledge for they claim to have viewed all the record of the earth and have seen the beginning of all things. These beings have made succesions of humans and exterminated them when they prove unsatisfactory till at last they made homo sapiens. I don't know about that, I don't disbelieve that at all mind you. It is worthy of note that all humans who have claimed abduction by aliens quite clearly felt that they were treated like experimental animals; as a scientist will treat a mouse!
Let's move on a little to what reaLly interests me which is matters of the spirit. It has been a little baffling to me how God can make man 'in his image and likeness' put a spirit within him and place him upon the earth, this man then lives and dies and his spirit returns to God to be judged and then walked into the splendour of heaven or thrown into the lakes of fire. All by virtue of the actions of the flesh. First of all the spirit of man is so higher than the shell which is flesh that it cannot fully be expressed, thus most of man's actions are barely his spirits'. Let me put it in a different manner, scientists (ofcourse scientists you will believe so hear it) state that man uses only one tenth of his brain. Mystics on the other hand state exactly same but in a different manner : man is one tenth conciousness and nine-tenth subconcious. That is to say the spirit of man is expressed only one tenth and that is its basest vibrations, the only one which the flesh can bear, its higher vibrations Is so beyond us. So much so that when you get say a 1.5 more conciousness, you become a genius, two tenth and you are raving mad.
So this spirit, after inhabiting this fleshy shell, returns to God to be judged by the actions of a flesh so base it cannot even express good willingly (for man's nature is not good but evil). Well that's quite fantastic. And scary too ( the whole essence of quite a lot of religion; to scare you into proper ways of life, sometimes also to give the priests greater power than they should have, if they should have any)
So here we are, you believe one thing and I believe another but we have a common belief which is that there is life after death. You on the other hand believe that you will be judged and landed in heaven or hell, I, well I believe I will be shown my life and made to judge myself then will be given the opportunituies necessary for spiritual evolution. I believe that the greatest law given is " do unto others as you will have others do unto you". I think jesus also said that, but ofcourse that doesn't sound 'Godly' enough, not too scary or intimidating so we have to get into the word factory and manufacture some more intimidating words. Yet should humanity obey that simple law, what a wonderful world it would have been!
So now you know what I believe. Is your mind still open or am I pouring in some corruption.
That's reminds me of a event which took place two weeks ago. These days I work with an NGO in lagos, cerebral palsy center, so this very senior colleague of mine visited. She was my teacher, a dedicated woman, very very dedicated to children with cerebral palsy. So she came and being on her way to UK had to get to the airport. I hitched a ride since I live sort of closeby and my 'mobility' was with those terrible, horribly untruthful people we call mechanics. Along the way one thing led to the other and she asked if I go to church, I said no. She asked why and I gave what obviously was a fantastic reason "christianity as it is preached and practised is something I cannot bear to be part of anymore because I believe it to be quite wrong" She was flabbergasted she asked why I believe so and I said "jesus came and jesus preached but the things he said are quite different from the things we are hearing and doing in churches, infact it is different a whole lot from some of what the apostles were credited with saying. I told her that by my reckoning most of the acts of apostles should be shaved off, the apostles did not write them as has been shown scientifically and if they did, then they barely understood jesus". She was getting quite quite shocked. So she asked if I believed that jesus came and that he died on the cross for us and that only by believing in this can we be saved. I said I have no such belief, I told her that I find it ridiculous that christians believe that they are the only ones entitled to a wonderful life after death because they have walked up to the altar to say "I accept jesus as my personal lord and savior" I find it so ridiculous that christians believe themselves to be so right. I asked her how that can be when the foundation of the church itself, as contained in the bible was so furiously edited by some bishops in council in AD 60 where even some of jesus's preachings were removed, when the church has caused more deaths than any singular war or disease on the surface of the earth. So yes jesus was crucified, yes he was the Son of God or more correctly, the spirit of the Son of God dwelt within him, yes his purpose was to bring light to the world, to teach us the proper way of things by his actions and his life in general, but to declare him as personal lord and savior as prerequisite for a wonderful afterlife was an apostolic invention (if actually the apostles did say that).
She was getting worked up, though quite in a controlled manner (I respected that, it is, among others, a mark of some spiritual advancement). She then asked if I believe the bible to be the word of God. I said no I do not, I believe the bible to be a repository of great truth and wisdom but as for being the word of God it certainly isn't, it is a lot of history and a lot of wisdom too and a lot of truth added to a lot of mistranslation and edition. So she opened up a place within the bible where it was written that all the words within were by God's inspiration. I was going to explain that but she stopped me and told me she was quite serious then and began to preach to me of grace and of the 'savior' jesus and about the blood. I listened, very calmly and attentively. And quite frankly I was marvelled that I once believed all of that. I cannot begin to describe how it sounded to me. So when she was done preaching she asked for my permission to pray and I gave it. In case you are wondering why; prayer when properly done is one of the greatest forces on the surface of the earth and in all the worlds. So she prayed for my 'enlightenment, for my edification on jesus and finally she prayed against the 'corruption' which my words might have caused her.
Anyway let me explain to you what I was going to explain to her: all men are not born equal. That saying is a fallacy. Men are born who are greater than their peers, men are born who are two tenth conscious, who are three tenth conscious, even some come to achieve full consciousness. Such men are great inspiration, because this thing called inspiration doesn't come from anywhere else but you. Sometimes you see a little farther than you usually see, note usually. That is to say it is quite within your capacity to constantly see very far but usually you don't because, to put it bluntly, with respect to where you can be, you are a full blooded slowpoke. So when you transcend the state of full blooded moronic stupor a little and perceive a little of the greater reality, boom, you have gained insight or inspiration. Maybe you were listening to music which has the right harmonics, maybe you are in a very quiet place and unknowingly lapsed into meditation. Or maybe, you are simply one of the greater men born who are constantly peering into the world of light and seeing clearly the things of truth.
I will stop here for now. Another day we can continue this discussion. In the mean time I need to do some chores and in the mean time do drop your comments. Shalom

(1) (Reply)

fg / Tb Joshua Predicted Diana Death In 1997 !! / What's Your Excuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.