Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Confessions Of A Bookworm. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Confessions Of A Bookworm. (4132 Views)

Simple And Easy Tips To Become And Stay A Bookworm (with Photos). / MUST READ: Shocking Confessions Of A Sex Slave / Confessions Of A Video Vixen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 7:56am On Nov 04, 2013
Night and day I wait patiently for updates from my favourite writers and these day am starting to question myself,am I over doing this?

Like stalking trends,waiting for that beep that indicates that an update has been posted,reading way into the night and sometimes forgetting to sleep because I can't pull away. Its only when my phone's battery is red,my MB/credit has been drained by my frienemy network provider or Sleep itself that I let go.

My love for literature has eaten deep into me,books are my friends. Call me a book fanatic I wouldnt deny it,somehow it had grown to replace the friends that were never there.

My first novel was Counterfeit ,can't remember the author's name for now. It was about interpol agents,fake money making machines and criminals. Yes,it was a detective novel and I fell in love. There was no stopping me after that,I read and read wanting to satisfy my teenage curiosity. Name it: Drama,historical romance,mystery,fantasy,fairytales,fables, I read like it was water that I couldn't do without. When I got to senior secondary school I knew just where I should be;Art class. I was happy I had few friends but my books kept me company.

It wasn't all fariytale thou,I got into alot of trouble for it. I love to imagine myself in the story watching everything like it was unfolding before me. Grandma (May she rest in peace) will scream at me and ask why I hadn't done this and that before I started reading. Sometimes I would be so caught up in that world I would forget this one.

There were occasions I would be reading and you wouldnt notice me if you walked into the room and they will start looking for me.I dont know if I heard them or not but if you dont touch me or call my name,you can't get my attention. I was punished,called ITK,they said I was acting like the only one who went to school. I cried and my books comforted me.

I have read alot of books that I can't even remember some of their names. I remember blackbeauty thou,great book. Sherlock did wonders when am I wanted to be challenged,when I wanted to look back Dickens and Shakespeare. I also read Betty neels but I never read James chase and I dont know why. I still want to read Wole Soyinka's Ake. Never got to read it so just in case anyone got a copy.

I gained alot from them and literature is my first love still is.
So here I am,when I should be in school because ASSU is fighting for us,reading great stories and meeting gifted writers. Am also hoping that one day I would also be called a gifted writer.

So is there anyone out there just like me?

4 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by horbeat(m): 1:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
Exactly like me, thus i haven't live long on earth just two decade and a few years, but have been drawn into several great adventure of book, I'm once taken away into illusion of fictions, after reading some fiction novels and i start acting as the protagonist in the book. i never realized that am a book nerd.
in my junior secondary school days, i had read a lot and have the unending passion for literature, from among the book i read were. Akin the drummer boy, Ade our naughty little brother, the dark forest, boomerang, peace by peaces, sugar girl, Eze goes to school,the vanguard and many more. despite my school rules that the best five junior school pupils are automatic science department student, i never rest in my oars in read, i am addicted, as i read science books yet i read literature. the women of owu is among my favorite, the macbeth, oliver twist, echo of hard time and lot more, now am running a reading group. which i will tell you more about soon.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by harlos: 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
I'm just the opposite of you. undecided

I get bored easily when the story is too long.
But i'm still wondering what type magic Underage used on me Or maybe i fell inlove with her story

I am very lazy in readingundecided
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by underage(f): 8:33am On Nov 06, 2013
harlos: I'm just the opposite of you. undecided

I get bored easily when the story is too long.
But i'm still wondering what type magic Underage used on me Or maybe i fell inlove with her story

I am very lazy in readingundecided

Lol....... grin
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by harlos: 8:52am On Nov 06, 2013
underage:

Lol....... grin
That thing is very active grin
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
grin harlos I cant say oh it must be God lol. Horbet would love to join pls. I also read ade our naughty little brother,sugar girl,eze goes to school. cheesy I met a brother hugs
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Meklex(m): 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
James Hadley chase opened the stream of my addiction to literature. I write too but my readers always say that I have a nice plot but my tenses are awfully bad,,,,, I am discouraged, I now regret ever skipping literature classes back in sec school.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by harlos: 10:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
Lucentbeauty: grin harlos I cant say oh it must be God lol. Horbet would love to join pls. I also read ade our naughty little brother,sugar girl,eze goes to school. cheesy I met a brother hugs
...and I love literature classes back then.

Horbet I don't get thatundecided
Those short story books are my favourites and comics too.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 6:37am On Nov 08, 2013
smiley wink cheesy Today is one of the happiest day this year for me and that because someone so special in my life is celebrating life and salvation today. So I wrote a poem

The guy after my heart
The one who was there
When I came into this World
Carried me and loved me
At first sight
Gave me a name I cherish
Told everyone I was his
Watched and helped me grow
Laughed and cried with me
Made me realise I had to learn
To be great and wise
But most importantly
He made me realise that
With God all things are posssible.

I love you Dad.

And today happens to be his day,so everyone join me in celebrating a wonderful father.
cheesy
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 6:42am On Nov 08, 2013
Meklex: James Hadley chase opened the stream of my addiction to literature. I write too but my readers always say that I have a nice plot but my tenses are awfully bad,,,,, I am discouraged, I now regret ever skipping literature classes back in sec school.

Dont be,at least you write. I will encourage you wink . Literature classes,sighting,was fun lol but we read o like books and qouting shakespear was a duty and obligation.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 6:44am On Nov 08, 2013
harlos: ...and I love literature classes back then.

Horbet I don't get thatundecided
Those short story books are my favourites and comics too.

Well that means its just you,we would help somehow right Horbet?
:
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by harlos: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2013
Lucentbeauty: smiley wink cheesy Today is one of the happiest day this year for me and that because someone so special in my life is celebrating life and salvation today. So I wrote a poem

The guy after my heart
The one who was there
When I came into this World
Carried me and loved me
At first sight
Gave me a name I cherish
Told everyone I was his
Watched and helped me grow
Laughed and cried with me
Made me realise I had to learn
To be great and wise
But most importantly
He made me realise that
With God all things are posssible.

I love you Dad.

And today happens to be his day,so everyone join me in celebrating a wonderful father.
cheesy
happy celebration dear...long live daddy.

Lucentbeauty:

Well that means its just you,we would help somehow right Horbet?
:
Sure, if i'll still be interested.

Horbet grin thats me now cheesy

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by idarakriz(f): 11:34am On Nov 08, 2013
Honestly litz class was totally boring except wen my teacher used me as show off!wink I had read most of the novels they handled from juniour to senior school by co-incidence.
I totally loved novels initially I wasn't like that though buh by the age of seven I read one book 'the vicar' it was totally awesome with magic and children saving the world then I hit it hard with chinua's "Things Fall Apart". From then on there was no turning back.
I loved big novelz bcoz of how it could keep me engrossed for days.I was lucky my dad was widely read too it gave me access to lots of books wen I ran out of those to borrow from I an art student began reading science books,philosophy,economics psychology. Funny thing was I never saw myself as a bookworm or nerd for once.
Its surprising to know that I don't have as much flare for reading my books now am in varsity where I need it most. sad Buh am totally glad I read those books I read though I stopped reading novels especially romance plus I was displeased with the stereotype theory that girls read novelz more bcoz of how fragile they were and would want to create a comfort nook for themselves by reading and believing fantasies and fictions!Though I noticed girls actually read more cheesy.Though I felt it was the same with watching movies too much entertainment coz am also a couch potato! Nothing would compare to the luxury of living in a totally different world as I did den! smiley grin

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
idara kriz: Honestly litz class was totally boring except wen my teacher used me as show off! I had read most of the novels they handled from juniour to senior school by co-incidence.
I totally loved novels initially I wasn't like that though buh by the age of seven I read one book 'the vicar' it was totally awesome with magic and children saving the world then I hit it hard with chinua's "Things Fall Apart". From then on there was no turning back.
I loved big novelz bcoz of how it could keep me engrossed for days.I was lucky my dad was widely read too it gave me access to lots of books wen I ran out of those to borrow from I an art student began reading science books,philosophy,economics psychology. Funny thing was I never saw myself as a bookworm or nerd for once.
Its surprising to know that I don't have as much flare for reading my books now am in varsity where I need it most. Buh am totally glad I read those books I read though I stopped reading novels especially romance plus I was displeased with the stereotype theory that girls read novelz more bcoz of how fragile they were and would want to create a comfort nook for themselves by reading and believing fantasies and fictions!Though I noticed girls actually read more.Though I felt it was the same with watching movies too much entertainment coz am also a couch potato! Nothing would compare to the luxury of living in a totally different world as I did den!

I dont believe that about girls o,that's just a myth,I can talk for myself. Things fall apart,no longer at ease,so long a letter,second chance,the God's are not to be blame,the Famous Five,Coping with the Applewhites cheesy,all Shakespeare's books and some sonnets, lol I am recalling them now. The reading group would help,you just need encouragement. One book a week or a month depends on you as long as it gets u reading again.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by idarakriz(f): 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
Lucentbeauty:

The reading group would help,you just need encouragement. One book a week or a month depends on you as long as it gets u reading again.
What!!! When I said I don't read novels I meant not as much as b4 plus it ddnt mean I had given up on books I still read oda tinz moreover I'm a sudent.
I just read one big marine fiction novel last week nd m reading KmJ's fiction, my God wat would my life look like without books? shocked
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
idara kriz: What!!! When I said I don't read novels I meant not as much as b4 plus it ddnt mean I had given up on books I still read oda tinz moreover I'm a sudent.
I just read one big marine fiction novel last week nd m reading KmJ's fiction, my God wat would my life look like without books? shocked

cheesy dont mind me,thought otherwise. Am so happy today and Nigeria also won the trophy,dad has a big smile on.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by harlos: 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
He got a good gift of joy grin

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
@ op,u re nt alone in dis unending thirst 4 books,books n more books...my 1st novel was an african nite entertainment(was in pri5 den) n since den,its bin 4wrd eva,frm romance,fairytales,motivational,adventure,jst name it...n like u,give me my phone or books n I wont even notice if am alone or nt,got so bad dt a guy in my sch told me 2 slow dwn a bit as am a lady,was a bit worried bt 4got it as soon as I came online 2 read updates frm al d stories I was following...n nw,its reading galore(tanks 2 ASUU)..
try reading "y u act d way u do by Tim Lahaye" am sure u'll like it
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
nabsprada: @ op,u re nt alone in dis unending thirst 4 books,books n more books...my 1st novel was an african nite entertainment(was in pri5 den) n since den,its bin 4wrd eva,frm romance,fairytales,motivational,adventure,jst name it...n like u,give me my phone or books n I wont even notice if am alone or nt,got so bad dt in guy in my sch told me 2 slow dwn a bit as am a lady,was a bit worried bt 4got it as soon as I came online 2 read updates frm al d stories am following...n nw,its reading galore(tanks 2 ASUU)..
try reading "y u act d way u do by Tim Lahaye" am sure u'll like it

I will thanks dear
Another bookworm,Horbet got a reading group you can join if you want to. Haven't heard from him thou.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Lucentbeauty:

I will thanks dear
Another bookworm,Horbet got a reading group you can join if you want to. Haven't heard from him thou.

I'll b honoured 2...bt 1st hw does d group operate? do I get 2 av access 2 lots of books?(lolzz) ,am also nt clear on who owns d group,wat re d prerequisites of joining? re u a member Sowie abt my jamb questions o...waitn 2 hearing 4rm u
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Mudilove: 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
you are not alone dear literature has been my favorite subject. throughout my senior secondary school I always get d award for d best literature student. its fun and educative to always read. And I like that name "book warm".

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2013
nabsprada:

Am not a member yet,mr horbet is and I havent heard from him yet. Will send him a pm and get back to you asap.

I'll b honoured 2...bt 1st hw does d group operate? do I get 2 av access 2 lots of books?(lolzz) ,am also nt clear on who owns d group,wat re d prerequisites of joining? re u a member Sowie abt my jamb questions o...waitn 2 hearing 4rm u
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by horbeat(m): 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lucentbeauty: grin harlos I cant say oh it must be God lol. Horbet would love to join pls. I also read ade our naughty little brother,sugar girl,eze goes to school. cheesy I met a brother hugs
Great! You can add me up on facebook via usuflekan@yahoo.com. and also visit by blog www.readingrecipe.

I will like to invite you to an event coming up this Friday and will end by Sunday. The 15th lagos book and art festival. Holding at freedom park broad street lagos island...
The program is featuring writers and beautiful books you can dare not to read.
See detail on my facebook group page .readingrecipe.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by horbeat(m): 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
idara kriz: Honestly litz class was totally boring except wen my teacher used me as show off!wink I had read most of the novels they handled from juniour to senior school by co-incidence.
Its surprising to know that I don't have as much flare for reading my books now am in varsity where I need it most. sad Buh am totally glad I read those books I read though I stopped reading novels especially romance plus I was displeased with the stereotype theory that girls read novelz more bcoz of how fragile they were and would want to create a comfort nook for themselves by reading and believing fantasies and fictions!Though I noticed girls actually read more cheesy.Though I felt it was the same with watching movies too much entertainment coz am also a couch potato! Nothing would compare to the luxury of living in a totally different world as I did den! smiley grin

Hmmmm. Blessed are children of bookworm as they will inherit book. Try to come back to your reading habit, if you wanna know to to stop being TV addict visit my blog. www.readingrecipe.
You will learn the practical way to tell television that you are sorry, you hace to read.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
horbeat:
Great! You can add me up on facebook via usuflekan@yahoo.com. and also visit by blog www.readingrecipe.

I will like to invite you to an event coming up this Friday and will end by Sunday. The 15th lagos book and art festival. Holding at freedom park broad street lagos island...
The program is featuring writers and beautiful books you can dare not to read.
See detail on my facebook group page .readingrecipe.

checked hmm I might go,I love the book shelf and sorry television .
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
[quote author=Lucentbeauty][/quote]

its horbeat's page and its on Facebook group page .readingrecipe. You can also check his blog,great write ups there.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
nabsprada:

its horbeat's page and its on Facebook group page .readingrecipe. You can also check his blog,great write ups there.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by harlos: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
I followed the link he posted though i'm just browsing through it i think i'll love itwink
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 5:11am On Nov 14, 2013
harlos: I followed the link he posted though i'm just browsing through it i think i'll love itwink
wink
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by Lucentbeauty(f): 5:14am On Nov 14, 2013
Saw this on his blog and I loved it. Plus its hilarious.

Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by horbeat(m): 9:15am On Nov 14, 2013
Lucentbeauty:

checked hmm I might go,I love the book shelf and sorry television .

Thanks...

I saw to join request of some one on my face book page and I've accepted the request. I guess it you.
Re: Confessions Of A Bookworm. by horbeat(m): 9:21am On Nov 14, 2013
Lucentbeauty:

@harlos. That's my facebook page.. and blog.
I will be hosting book challenge first week of december on my blog....
Don't worry I shall keep you update as things goes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sexual Assault: My Ordeal / My Neighbours / Nairaland Literature Awards Of The Year- Poetry Included-- Voting Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.