Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Please Help With This Project - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help With This Project (681 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With This Project by tunamania(m): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2008
The project is about building something like an intranet in a school where students can connect either through wireless connection or wired one,where they can chat, exchange ideas on courses and if possible transfer files. They can also do researches together. The plan is to create a central server like the internet where students can upload their files e.g pictures e.tc.what i'd like is for u guys to advice me on how to go about it and the equipments i'd need. i believe this will lead to greater and better things thanks a lot
Re: Please Help With This Project by uspry1(f): 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2008
Google to find at below: (many different wordings for the same thing)

e-learning

CBT (Computer-Based Training)

SCORM

LCMS

WBT (Web-based Training)

ILS (Intranet Learning System)

Electronic Whiteboard Collaboration

Online Collaboration

Education Collaboration

Visual Collaboration

Video-based Classroom

many more, good luck!!!
Re: Please Help With This Project by erico2k2(m): 12:41pm On Jul 17, 2008
tunamania:

The project is about building something like an intranet in a school where students can connect either through wireless connection or wired one,where they can chat, exchange ideas on courses and if possible transfer files. They can also do researches together. The plan is to create a central server like the internet where  students can upload their files e.g pictures e.tc.what i'd like is for u guys to advice me on how to go about it and the equipments i'd need. i believe this will lead to greater and better things thanks a lot
Hi there, its quite easy, how big or how long are the cabling gonna Be? howmany PCs are we talking about here, basically
you need a dedicated server Unit,a Router preffered wired and cabling. and run your wires.
Re: Please Help With This Project by tunamania(m): 11:07am On Jul 19, 2008
@ericko2k2
it is for a university environment so you can imagine how large that will be.the main aim is for as many people as possible to come on the server as long as you have a system or a means of connecting to the server that is all that is required.

@up
i really don't get you
Re: Please Help With This Project by erico2k2(m): 2:06am On Jul 21, 2008
well like I said, you need cabling, inin each building you need a router
Re: Please Help With This Project by snoop4real: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2008
"tunamania"

my yahoo id is snoop4realdre if u want to talk on environment networking pm me

(1) (Reply)

My System Has Gone Crazy! / How Do I Upload Yahoo Messenger ? / Anyone Who Know How To Get Fast And Reliable Internet Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.