Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike (1811 Views)

ASUU Set To Suspend Strike Within 24hrs / Finally ASUU Set To Call-off 2013 Strike / ASUU Set To Suspend Strike This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by senrino(m): 11:23am On Nov 19, 2013
From all indications, the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is likely to hold its postponed National Executive Council (NEC) meeting on Friday to discuss the Governments offer and decide
the way forward to putting an end to the indefinite strike action embark upon by the body.
It will be recalled that ASUU were to have their NEC meeting last week at the Bayero University, Kano, before the news of the demise of one time President of the body Festus Iyayi in a ghastly motor accident forced their hands to postpone the meeting.
The Union also urged the public to ignore speculations that ASUU has called off its NEC meeting indefinitely, explaining that the Union only postponed the NEC meeting as a mark of honour and respect for the late Iyayi.
An official who wants to remain anonymous confirmed that ASUU officials had last week Wednesday converged at the Bayero University, Kano, before news of Iyayi’s death filtered in.
The Union has been on strike since July 1 over the 2009 agreement it reached with the Federal Government.
All entreaties to call it off was rebuffed until President Goodluck Jonathan waded in with an offer of N1.1 trillion to be spread across the nation’s universities for a period of five years.
ASUU has said it will deliberate on Federal government’s offer and take a position after its forthcoming NEC.

http://www.nigeriasrenaissance.com/index.php/news/item/33269

Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by Zumarocket(f): 11:29am On Nov 19, 2013
i was here
Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by adezjamz(m): 11:32am On Nov 19, 2013
After Iyayi's burial na.

Abeg make I collect dis month salary cool grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by creamyanne: 11:36am On Nov 19, 2013
If you are feeling this strike spiritually let me hear you say, next yeeeeeaaaaarrr!
Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by Vikifarad(m): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2013
Bad news!
Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by Bukkasukka: 7:46am On Nov 20, 2013
Fake news carriers. Una no dey tire
Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by iyke52(m): 7:53am On Nov 20, 2013
creamy anne: If you are feeling this strike spiritually let me hear you say, next yeeeeeaaaaarrr!
not funny at all <straight face>
Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by walad4yhu(m): 9:23am On Nov 20, 2013
Shey ASUU em no get PRO 4 their association ni?
Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by Ollybarbie219(f): 10:26am On Nov 20, 2013
Says the anonymous mr impeccable!
Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by Akinlekanwr(m): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
Na lie jhor, ain't you people tired of all these?
Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by iyke52(m): 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
Akinlekanwr: Na lie jhor, ain't you people tired of all these?
itz nt a lie...ma uncle iz a member of d board...der r rily meeting nw.. we shud get d results by d end of 2day
Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by Phemmy99(m): 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
iyke52: itz nt a lie...ma uncle iz a member of d board...der r rily meeting nw.. we shud get d results by d end of 2day
i dunno why i'm inclined to believe dis dude..
Re: ASUU Set To Meet On Friday, May Call Off Strike by Elevation(m): 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
Yeah Daily trust just gave an information about a secret NEC meeting at an undisclosed location in Kano.

(1) (Reply)

Find Out Why Educated People Don't Get Rich / Project Topics And Materials In Biochemistry / Contact Us Via Greatilluminatitemple.godshiva@gmail.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.