Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official (31398 Views)

Davis Ikanya Covering Arrested INEC Official's Face (Photos) / PDP Jittery Over Six Arrested INEC Staff In Abia / Post-Election: "I See Death Of 'Great' Politician In Nigeria" - TB Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by ceo4eva: 7:49am On Nov 20, 2013
A principal actor in the controversial Anambra governorship election of November 16 has reportedly made sterling revelations to his interrogators in Abuja.

Mr Okeke Chukwujekwu, the electoral officer in charge of Idemili North local government area of Anambra State, currently in police detention over his role in the electoral saga, was said to have told his police investigators that he was “being used and dumped”.

The chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega, had, in the heat of the controversies generated by the flawed poll, admitted that the “electoral officer” in Idemili North “messed up” and that he would be handed over to the police for prosecution.

Chukwujekwu was moved to Abuja on Sunday, just as INEC said it was conducting a probe into the deliberate sabotage of the governorship election.

A top official involved in the election confided in LEADERSHIP yesterday that the arrested INEC official had made useful statements even as he was apprehensive that top directors of INEC might be “implicated”.

“The way this whole thing is going, it looks as if many heads will roll in INEC because the young man has made useful statements and if what he said is anything to rely upon, it then means that some big names in that commission might fall with him.

“At first, he was trying to rationalise his action in that local government area when he was verbally quizzed before the intervention of the police; but, after some time, especially at the point of his detention, he started to cooperate but the cooperation is loaded because he has mentioned some top officials of INEC, especially directors and a PDP chieftain, as those who ‘put him in trouble’.

Although the source declined to disclose the identities of those involved, he said “preliminary confessions” point to the fact that the bungled election in most LGAs of the state was “packaged by aggrieved politicians in connivance with top INEC officials both in Abuja and Awka” adding: “It was a well-funded package.”

“All fingers point to some aggrieved politicians and it was a well-funded package that involved quite a lot of people; that is why the man is saying he has been used and dumped,” he said.

Meanwhile, Jega has said all enquiries regarding arrests made in the bungled Anambra election should be referred to the police.

Jega’s chief press secretary, Kayode Idowu, told LEADERSHIP on the telephone that INEC would not comment on the arrested official who allegedly played a key role in the flawed poll.

“One, I cannot say anything on his matter because the police has taken over a larger chunk of the matter; only the police can say something on the role of the man arrested and how far they have gone with their investigation; so you have to contact the police.

“Again, it will be out of place for me to reel out what the commission intends to do. Mind you, INEC is also carrying out its administrative interrogation on his matter,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/news/201113/fallout-anambra-guber-i-did-not-rig-alone-arrested-inec-official
Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by JECBOSS: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2013
The truth is gradually coming out. But since the PDP is involved, It'll be a futile exercise designed to conceal the gross incompetence, sheer corruption and unabated inadequacies of the PDP. We are better informed about the so called 'breath of fresh air' in PDP.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by Princess2be(f): 7:53am On Nov 20, 2013
Good but I'm not surprised since the PDP is involved. We know them!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by fingard02k(m): 7:57am On Nov 20, 2013

Chief Willie Obiano; Anambra State Governor Elect

32 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 20, 2013
Interesting
Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by omenka(m): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2013
He started confessing under "police interrogation"!!gringrin
I sure say dem don use "talk true" ontop the obote.
LWKMD!!!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by AtlanticBreeze: 8:03am On Nov 20, 2013
Very welcome, let them give us names.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 20, 2013
if PDP is fully involved den nothng will happen! na read we go just dey read, PDP na master planner grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by omiobo: 8:14am On Nov 20, 2013
APUGA!!! Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by donphilopus: 8:23am On Nov 20, 2013
And some people will still come out and defend Adaobi now

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by asha80(m): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2013
donphilopus: And some people will still come out and defend Adaobi now
so peter obi is in pdp?pdp chieftain mention here is working for obiano and not nwoye?

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by kingbang: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2013
asha 80: so peter obi is in pdp?pdp chieftain mention here is working for obiano and not nwoye?
My brother, it makes you wonder how dumb these APC rats are! Lol

25 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2013
I want to seize this opportunity to congratulate the Governor- elect of Anambra state, Chief Willy. M. Obiano.

I knew that Ngige and Nwoye were crying foul because their rigging did not fall through. Obi made sure he plugged some avenues that the two could have rigged from.

Ifeanyi Ubah does not know how to rig. grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:46am On Nov 20, 2013
kingbang:
My brother, it makes you wonder how dumb these APC rats are! Lol
what is 'lol' to u?

i mean, what does it really mean when u just type it?

i'm waiting for an answer o!

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by bank2k4real(m): 8:48am On Nov 20, 2013
OK...give us the names...sharp sharp...

Btw check my signature for the latest promo on NL
Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by donphilopus: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2013
asha 80: so peter obi is in pdp?pdp chieftain mention here is working for obiano and not nwoye?
Are you aware that the PDP chieftain is also an INEC Official??

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by free2ryhme: 8:49am On Nov 20, 2013
A single party holding the entire nation to ransom

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

“All fingers point to some aggrieved
politicians and it was a well-funded
package that involved quite a lot of
people; that is why the man is saying
he has been used and dumped,”

http://leadership.ng/news/201113/fallout-anambra-guber-i-did-not-rig-alone-arrested-inec-official
The question is who are the "aggrieved politicians" in the Anambra election? If this report is anything to go by, aggrieved chieftains of APC and PDP sabotaged the election in Idemili North.
Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by asha80(m): 8:52am On Nov 20, 2013
donphilopus: Are you aware that the PDP chieftain is also an INEC Official??
so?how does that mean he is working for obiano and not his party man nwoye?
Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by MaziOmenuko: 8:52am On Nov 20, 2013
Lol@heads will roll cheesy

We all know that all PDP heads are fixed at the spot where no wave will make it roll!

Once its a pdp chieftain; its going to remain unanimous until thy kingdom come.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by asha80(m): 8:54am On Nov 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The question is who are the "aggrieved politicians" in the Anambra election? If this report is anything to go by, aggrieved chieftains of APC and PDP sabotaged the election in Idemili North.
i even missed that.
Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by donphilopus: 9:05am On Nov 20, 2013
asha 80: so?how does that mean he is working for obiano and not his party man nwoye?
The man was simply against APC winning the Election in Idimeli LG. So if this happens, the Gov should be blamed

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by asha80(m): 9:12am On Nov 20, 2013
donphilopus: The man was simply against APC winning the Election in Idimeli LG. So if this happens, the Gov should be blamed
clutching at straws.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by donphilopus: 9:19am On Nov 20, 2013
asha 80: clutching at straws.
Smh
Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by ShyDare(m): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2013
Until we start executing pple 4 corruption, electoral fraud, & bad governance we wil stil av unscrupulous pple lyk dis. Wen u knw u wil b trialed & put 2death within 3days afta u r caught doin 'evil', evry1 wil behave.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by Brimmie(m): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2013
The Man nor even get mind.
Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by alexchiny: 9:24am On Nov 20, 2013
APGA has been vindicated! Shame to PDP and APC! Congrats to Willie Obiano!!! APGA!!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by AtlanticBreeze: 9:28am On Nov 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
ofcourse we all know some of these aggrieved politicians who were denied PDP ticket (e.g Ukachukwu, Chris ubah) declared support for APGA.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by alexchiny: 9:31am On Nov 20, 2013
AtlanticBreeze:
ofcourse we all know some of these aggrieved politicians who were denied PDP ticket (e.g Ukachukwu, Chris ubah) declared support for APGA.

Freeglobe stop whining! PDP chieftains were accused and not APGA chieftains. APC lost woefully, deal with it!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by taharqa: 9:38am On Nov 20, 2013
*smdh*...
Re: Anambra Election: I Did Not Rig Alone - Arrested INEC Official by AtlanticBreeze: 9:39am On Nov 20, 2013
alexchiny:

Freeglobe stop whining! PDP chieftains were accused and not APGA chieftains. APC lost woefully, deal with it!
Freeglobe again? Yawnnnnnnnnnnn. APC lost woefully? 170k to 90k minus idemili with over 100k voting strength. Despite rigging, vote buying and APGA etc. After all your propaganda. Hide your head in shame.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Alkali Road Kaduna / Saraki And Ekweremadu Granted Conditional Bail / Professor Jonathan Andrew Nok Is Dead -El-rufia Speaks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.