Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Adobe Director Tutorial - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Adobe Director Tutorial (6468 Views)

How Do I Use Adobe Cs6 After Trial Expiration? / [pdf] How To Use Adobe Photoshop Free Ebook / Adobe Photoshop Secrets. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adobe Director Tutorial by sbucareer(f): 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2008

Could someone be kind enough to given us some lessons on how to use Adobe director.
Re: Adobe Director Tutorial by uspry1(f): 12:24am On Aug 01, 2008
@sbucareer,

I did took Adobe Director (formerly Macromedia Director) classroom assignment that was part of my bachelor of Fine Arts degree credit requirement to be earned.

Whew! I passed with B grade developing Director using Lingo and Javascript coding with existing interactive gaming modification. I picked the easy one: Space Invader. The problem was that Space Invader coding I found from google was made in Spanish at that time i was rusty reading in Spanish that i took Spanish class 20 years ago.

Yeah, it was time consuming for me getting Spanish translation into English in a hurry in order for me to modify Space Invader for class assignment required which was due on Saturday deadline(weekly assignment on 18 months accelerated course).

Learning Director with Lingo scripting was TOUGH and much differently than Flash CS3 with Actionscript I already familiarized with.

Sorry! @Sbucareer, it was 4 years ago i don't remember how I did! However from google search today I found helpful tutorial tips for you at below:

Adobe Director Support Center: Tutorial & Article Index
http://www.adobe.com/support/director/tutorial_index.html

Dean's Director Tutorials: Shockwave, animation, Lingo, 3D
http://www.deansdirectortutorials.com/

Alternative:
Interactive Software Training CD: Macromedia Director 7 with Lingo scripting
http://www.softwaretrainingtutorials.com/director-7-lingo.php
Re: Adobe Director Tutorial by sbucareer(f): 3:15am On Aug 01, 2008

@uspry1
Thank you very much. I have bought an online catalogue from lynda collection
Re: Adobe Director Tutorial by uspry1(f): 10:54pm On Aug 01, 2008
@sbucareer

You are welcome! I am totally shocked looking up the site mentioned above that has closed captioning online training programs. shocked shocked

Wow! The first online training program (lynda collection) has offered the closed captioning! Hooray!!! I suffered from those both online training and classroom-led training professors rejected my special accomodation complying to the American with the Disabilites Act of 1990 (ADA) in the past 5 years. grin

Thank you for providing me a link that is what I look for my Flash Actionscript 3 migration moving from Actionscript 1 (skip Actionscript 2 i missed out 3 years). grin

I hope it is worth for me!
Re: Adobe Director Tutorial by sbucareer(f): 12:54am On Aug 02, 2008
x
Re: Adobe Director Tutorial by uspry1(f): 3:34am On Aug 02, 2008
I am book freak that i always buy advanced to professional technical/programming books that has examples, source files, useful links and more---further than google.com i found. Very few beginning to advanced books depend on what i look for.

If you are PHP/XML developer to parse those data into Flash website dynamically here are following books at below:
(base on AS2/AS3 plus Flex 2 & 3 including AMFPHP remoting and Flash Media Server 3)

[list]
[li]Flash and PHP Bible [Publisher: Wiley, Author: Matthew Keefe][/li]
[li]The Actionscript 3.0 Migration Guide: making the move from Actionscript 2.0 [Publisher: New Riders, Author: Kris Hadlock][/li]
[li]Foundation - Actionscript 3.0 with Flash CS3 and Flex [Publisher: Friends of Ed, Authors: Steve Webster, Todd Yard, Sean McSharry][/li]
[li]Flex Solutions: Essential Techniques for Flex 2 and 3 Developers [Publisher: Friends of Ed, Author: Marco Casario] [/li]
[/list]

My favorite publishers for Flash/XML/PHP/Dreamweaver: Friends of Ed and sitepoint(online-PDF documents).

My favorite short quick reference book: ineasysteps.com that is designed for person who is professional seeking fast results, student with limited budget, home user in need of a simple learning aid, self-employed with no time for formal training, look for cost-effective training for your staff or eager to be more productive on your computer.

My favorite Flash/Dreamweaver sites: www.kirupa.com, www.tutorialized.com, and www.dmxzone.com (also flzone.com, fwzone.com and dnzone.com as family site)

From my distance schooling I took in 2004 earning my BFA degree in Visual Communications: I already have several books for classroom requirement that are heavy on advanced web developement with hand-on lab class (online). That's how it influenced me my habits of programming book collection each time technology trends changed dramatically as i catch up polishing my skills frequently.

[list]
[li]Color Theory[/li]
[li]Design Principles and Concepts[/li]
[li]Macromedia products (now Adobe): Dreamweaver, Flash, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Director, PageMaker, Acrobat[/li]
[li]Typography[/li]
[li]Computer Animations[/li]
[li]System Analysis/Career Porfolio[/li]
[li]Branding and Identity[/li]
[li]many more that comes with software sent by distance schooling to student's mailing home address per five-weeks class assignment completed in 18 months online schooling.[/li]
[/list]

I was re-pursed further 18-months accelerated online school in order to upgrade my 1999 Web Development certification into Bachelor degree for company's job requirement/qualification while i was still self-employed running my website business.

(1) (Reply)

Movie Quality Format TUTORIAL / How To Get Canva Pro For Free Students (team Invite Link) / Graphic Designers!!! How Do I Make A Single Pixel Border In Photoshop? ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.