Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? (2674 Views)

Ladies,how Do You Dispose Your Used Sanitary Pad. / Dairies Sanitary Pad Kills - Ladies Beware / She Cannot Use Sanitary Pads! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by hymen(f): 11:38pm On Aug 01, 2008
How were they doing it before sanitary pads?
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by rampant(f): 11:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
cotton wool and tissues
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by snazzydawn(f): 11:43pm On Aug 01, 2008
and rags too
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by NegroNtns(m): 1:02am On Aug 02, 2008
@Post,

Confinement in sanitary quarters designed just for that purpose. Its kinda like a quarantine.
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 02, 2008
The horror!!!!!!!!!,

I guess they used dried leaves
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by SamMilla1(m): 1:09am On Aug 02, 2008
no need guessing.
chat up your granny, you will be suprised.
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by lechatte(f): 3:40am On Aug 02, 2008
They dug holes and squatted over these holes letting the blood drip in there.I just shudder thinking about it. shocked
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by Studentet: 3:44am On Aug 02, 2008
They wore napkins
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by Queenisha: 3:48am On Aug 02, 2008
hymen:

How were they doing it before sanitary pads?

I'm sure they used rags and were regarded as unclean
Tufiakwa!!
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by SeanT21(f): 3:53am On Aug 02, 2008
Why do you wanna know?
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by Gabry(f): 4:09am On Aug 02, 2008
LOL! you guys are hilarious and nutty! grin grin grin

Well, they bought a roll of Cloth and then they cut it to pieces enough to support the panty. And after each use, they would wash it and hang it to dry and reuse it again and again untill the cloth could not be used no more. That was my great grandmother, my grandmother and my mother's time.
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by Pepeye(f): 8:14am On Aug 02, 2008
Silly question! What do you think?
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by chamotex(m): 9:25am On Aug 02, 2008
they use fuke fuke smiley
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by SOJ(m): 12:59pm On Aug 02, 2008
palm fronds and raffia
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by origina9ja(f): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2008
chamotex:

they use fuke fuke smiley

Wasere padi mi to sure, lol
omo gbabe odo do oro lo so.
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by NaJaHaJe(f): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2008
I'll stick with the rag thing. At least that's what my grandma told me. They recycled it as they were not rich enough to throw anything away.

Weirdest topic to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by dreeldee: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2008
what an asinine topic angry angry
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by Gonorrhea(m): 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2008
before sanitary pad, it was cocoa leaves and sheep's hair!

they just open yakata, wipe it off and carry go as if notin dey! grin
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by NaJaHaJe(f): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2008
dreeldee:

what an asinine topic angry angry

Asinine?? Isn't that a little too strong?

Your reply is more asinine than the topic itself. Agreeably the topic is risque but your dismissal in totally inappropriate. you easily have sidelined rather than wasting your contribution!!! undecided
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by dreeldee: 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2008
why would someone come up with a topic such as this of all issues and you think asinine is too strong? i wonder what kind of convo she was thinking of starting with such inane topic
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by chiegemba(f): 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2008
hmmm! rather interestin guess am still learnin undecided
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by A40(m): 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2008
Gross!! Lets just thank God they use sanitary pads now cause frankly i dont wanna know
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 02, 2008
@dreeldee
why are you getting so hyped up na?
Are you a woman? Do you need paaaaaaaaaaaaad grin grin tongue wanna borrow some of my own?
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by hymen(f): 8:55pm On Aug 02, 2008
Thanks for your contributions,was just thinking how we take a lot of things for granted nowadays !
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by dreeldee: 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2008
yeah ruby i need pads pls tongue tongue pad ko, console ni tongue tongue
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2008
dreeldee:

yeah ruby i need pads please tongue tongue pads and lipgloss tongue tongue

Don't you think you're going too far? undecided

Yea, you berra modify kia kia b4 anyone notices it
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by dreeldee: 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2008
pad ko console ni
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by A40(m): 8:17pm On Aug 03, 2008
roflmao!!
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by ifyalways(f): 11:15pm On Aug 03, 2008
recycled rags embarassed
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by Harahmedey: 11:16pm On Aug 03, 2008
I think there are enough things they could av used in stopping d blood stuf, i'm more concerned about how they stopped pregnancy then when their was no condoms and medical preventive measures.
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by TOYOSI20(f): 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2008
May be they didn't use any thing they just stayed at home five/six days a month. . . . . . . . . undecided
Re: How Were They Doing It Before Sanitary Pads? by emmydee(m): 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2008
hhhmmmmmmmm!

just reading thru.
good luck guys

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Ways Zobo Drinks Help To Boost Your Fertility / Pls What Can Cause This Stubborn Rash? / see to it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.