Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Scribes 2: Screenplay Development Programme (For Writers) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Scribes 2: Screenplay Development Programme (For Writers) (1359 Views)

Nollywood Script Writer: Screenplay From Nollywood; How To Write And Sell It / A Tale From The East: The Origin Of Arochukwu Kingdom (the Screenplay) / Selling A Screenplay Online To The Hollywood Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scribes 2: Screenplay Development Programme (For Writers) by Orikinla(m): 10:57am On Jun 24, 2006
I believe that there are members of Nairaland who are already into the production of films or have buddies who are interested. And if they are in the UK, here are the opportunities for those who are really serious:

SCRIBES 2

A partnership between Arista Development, BBC Films and Capitol Films Production, one of the UK Film Council-funded ‘Super Slates’, SCRIBES 2 is a screenplay development programme spread over a period of eight months, designed to fit around the working lives of participants, which gives eight Black and Minority Ethnic screenwriters (we call them SCRIBES), a combination of intensive project development, general screenwriting training and industry experience. Highlights include an intensive six-day residential script workshop at the Hotel Monteconero in Sirolo, Italy, detailed project feedback from BBC Films and Capitol Films Production executives, mentoring relationships with selected Capitol Films Production Super Slate producers (who are Cuba Pictures, Element Films, Feel Films, Samuelson Productions and Tiger Aspect Pictures) and industry placements within the SCRIBES partner companies, each custom-designed to meet the skills needs of individual SCRIBES.

Each SCRIBE will develop two projects, one original screenplay and one outline, through the programme. The programme culminates with an exclusive "first-look" deal between the ARISTA SCRIBES' developed projects, Capitol Films Production and BBC Films. If Capitol Films Production and/or BBC Films then decide to take any SCRIBES project further, each project will be optioned for a guaranteed fee of £2,000 and a revised draft commissioned for a guaranteed fee of £10,000. click on www.aristadevelopment.co.uk for more information.

[
http://www.bfmmedia.com/site/Opportunities/Opportunities.html
Re: Scribes 2: Screenplay Development Programme (For Writers) by bobotee(m): 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2006
Hi thanks for that vital inforamtion. I intend to do something serious about movie subtitling. I subtitle yoruba movies (into English Language). Is there any area or any information i need that can be of great assistance to me?
Re: Scribes 2: Screenplay Development Programme (For Writers) by Seun(m): 12:14pm On Jul 17, 2006
Wow, bobotee, that's an interesting job.

Post your contact details here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-15022.0.html
Re: Scribes 2: Screenplay Development Programme (For Writers) by Orikinla(m): 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2006
Please, note that Scribes is for only those resident in the UK.
Re: Scribes 2: Screenplay Development Programme (For Writers) by Seun(m): 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2006
Too bad. Oh well, it's best to take your screenplay and try to produce it!

(1) (Reply)

Dstv Channels / Nollywood Films On Wikipedia / Where Can I Download Prison Break All Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.