Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,196 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Eclipse Of The Selves - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Eclipse Of The Selves (860 Views)

Ibi-tunde(eclipse Of The Joy) / Eclipse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eclipse Of The Selves by tianshie(m): 5:22am On Jul 04, 2006
And when he woke up
his Dream was dead.
Re: Eclipse Of The Selves by ThisDumebi: 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2006
The title of the entry whetted my appetite; I was however somewhat dispirited to find that  both the title and the body are set at variance. sad
Re: Eclipse Of The Selves by tianshie(m): 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2006
I'm sorry if i had you suckered Dumebi. I had hoped I wouldn't go into any exegesis on the deeper roots of this 9 word poem.

So much for hoping embarassed

I disagree that the body and the title are at variance.Maybe when viewed with the unproven eye,but if you look beyond the layers of pronouns,verbs and adjectives you will find that in deeply philosophical surrealist terms, the living body is divided into two: the conscious and the subconscious- these are the Selves.

In waking the conscious and the subconconscious Selves cusp. The conscious controls voluntary action, the subconscious,involuntary action. Dreams fall under the remit of the subconscious Self.

So in a sense, when a person wakes and at the point where they realise they were dreaming, the two Selves eclipse!
Re: Eclipse Of The Selves by ThisDumebi: 8:38am On Jul 05, 2006
I didn't expect you'd treat my comment with levity;though I've not sufficiently trained my sensibility for the mercurial character of mortal expectations,in this case i just scored a hit wink
In capsule, your rejoinder announces a single death in itself and not two in one, this is poetry where intentions easily get rebellious,you know!.Let's don't in any case evince our peculiarities and hope for some agreement, poetry is an exercise in subjective impressions.Yours offers a classic example! embarassed
Re: Eclipse Of The Selves by tianshie(m): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2006
This is all very stimulating grin,I must admit I find you quite cerebral,which I like cheesy

You are correct about the subjectiveness of the intentions of the poet persona which is the same in all aspects of the arts. After all, my muse is different from yours grin

I should say touche at this point and respect your opinion on my poem.After all poetry is all about individual perception!

Let's do this often tongue
Re: Eclipse Of The Selves by ThisDumebi: 10:43am On Jul 05, 2006
Tianshie,
Don't mind us!We just rose and fell like waves of old, I have nothing about keeping a sense of regularity on Nairaland poetry-scape."Let's do this often", with pleasure.Thanks for compliments, you are no less for such, Who's Riri?I've flown off at a tangent?Think nothing of my curiosity!! cheesy
Re: Eclipse Of The Selves by ThisDumebi: 10:47am On Jul 05, 2006
Tianshie,
Don't mind us!We just rose and fell like waves of old, I have nothing about keeping a sense of regularity on Nairaland poetry-scape."Let's do this often", with pleasure.Thanks for compliments, you are no less for such, Who's Riri?I've flown off at a tangent?Think nothing of my curiosity!! cheesy
Re: Eclipse Of The Selves by tianshie(m): 10:59am On Jul 05, 2006
Thanks for the compliments Dumebi. About Riri, she was an orphan-bird I saved at infancy who sadly could'nt survive the vagaries of the weather.

I still miss her.

(1) (Reply)

Poetry Of Comrade Chidi Anthony Opara / Don't Say You Love Me! / The Old Man And The City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.