Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,161 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti (3006 Views)

Supreme Court Judgement: Stop Deceiving Nigerians Chris Uba Tells Brother / Dickson Exposes Opposition's Rigging Plan - Audio / Stop Whining, Rebrand Or Go Down - Apc Tells Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by FreeGlobe(f): 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2014
What could have led to exchange of blows over the June 21, 2014 governorship election in Ekiti State was averted in the Senate on Thursday due to the timely intervention of the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, who presided over the plenary.
The trouble started when the Chairman of the Senate Committee on the Independent National Electoral Commission, Senator Andy Uba (PDP Anambra South), stood up to applaud INEC for a job well done on the Ekiti State governorship election.
Uba who relied on Order 43 of the Senate Standing Order, commended the electoral body for conducting what he described as the most credible election in the country.
He said the conduct of the Ekiti State governorship election by the INEC was a departure from previous exercises in the country that were marred by irregularities, adding that there was tremendous improvement.
He also commended the people and government of Ekiti State for the peaceful conduct of the election that led to the incumbent Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, of the All Progressives Congress, losing to a former Governor of the state and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ayo Fayose.
Uba further commended the security agencies for ensuring adequate security during and after the election and urged all the relevant stakeholders that contributed to the success of the poll to carry on with the same spirit in subsequent elections.
But Senator Babafemi Ojudu, who represents Ekiti Central Senatorial District on the platform of the APC, while also relying on the same Order 43 of the Senate Standing Order, drew the attention of the Senate that Senator Andy Uba, who had showered praises on INEC, had his younger brother, Chief Chris Uba, as one of those who led the police to cause havoc during the exercise in the state.
Ojudu said: “My colleague (Andy Uba) had already read Order 43.
“I don’t need to repeat it.
“I will like to commend the governor-elect of Ekiti State and my governor for accepting the result of the election.
“But I want to say here Mr. President that my colleague who stood here to talk, his younger brother, Chris Uba, led police to the hotel and smashed all the doors of the hotel….”
Ojudu was, however, disrupted by the PDP senators who shouted at him to sit down.
Senators Philip Aduda, representing the Federal Capital Territory, and Senator Smart Adeyemi, representing Kogi West, both of the PDP were among the senators that moved against Senator Ojudu.
But as temper rose among the senators during the rowdy session, which lasted for about five minutes, Ekweremadu calmed them down by first allowing Ojudu to read Order 43 upon which he raised his point of order to counter Andy Uba and later ruled him out of order on the grounds that the Order 43 Ojudu read prohibits discussion of any controversial issue on the floor of the Senate.
Earlier before ruling Senator Ojudu out of order, Ekweremadu commended INEC for what he described as a “job well done” in Ekiti State and implored the commission to do better in the forthcoming 2015 general elections.
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/brawl-averted-in-senate-over-ekiti-election/
Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by FreeGlobe(f): 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
APC should be good sports. They should just accept this open loss and stop over flogging the issue. It's obvious tinubu met his match in a certain Chris Uba who delivered Ekiti from the hands of the supporters of APC as they were planning to manipulate the elections in their hotel rooms. grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by NwaNimo1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
I thought 'the tout' had been 'retired' from politics?
Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by FreeGlobe(f): 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nwa_Nimo: I thought he had been 'retired' from politics?
Chris Uba retire from politics? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by NwaNimo1(m): 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2014
FreeGlobe:
Chris Uba retire from politics? cheesy

Yeah - I thought 'Ngige' had messed him up final - grin
Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by FreeGlobe(f): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nwa_Nimo:

Yeah - I thought 'Ngige' had messed him up final - grin
They just seperated. He is still very much active. He is a NEC member of PDP.

1 Like

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2014
Good for them
Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by seunfly: 3:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
Uba himself is a rigging machine.

6 Likes

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by gramci: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by MrRenaissance: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
FreeGlobe: APC should be good sports. They should just accept this open loss and stop over flogging the issue. It's obvious tinubu met his match in a certain Chris Uba who delivered Ekiti from the hands of the supporters of APC as they were planning to manipulate the elections in their hotel rooms. grin grin grin
APC are akin to wounded dogs, they always yelp!! They can't take defeat in good faith,always causing troubles. I'm not surprised, they are LOOSERS!! They can't win in their backyard, yet they want to win the Presidential election. I laugh in Swahili.gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by MrRenaissance: 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2014
Are you invariable saying it took an ibo man to put the Yoruba drug lord in coolers? grin grin grin

Has history repeated itself?

9 Likes

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by HowFar: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
Typical APC tactics of thumb printing ballot papers was averted, Praise God and a big thank you to Chris Uba.

1 Like

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by VICTORCIZA(m): 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2014
tinubu is bad
buhari is worse
Apc is worst
We are saying no to supporters of APC in Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by jamace(m): 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2014
VICTORCIZA: tinubu is bad
buhari is worse
Apc is worst
We are saying no to supporters of APC in Nigeria

Supported!

6 Likes

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by idumuose(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2014
Tinubu has reached the pinnacle of his "wayo" political carrier.His political carrier is on a downward trend starting from the fall of Ekiti.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2014
aguiyi: Are you invariable saying it took an ibo man to put the Yoruba drug lord in coolers? grin grin grin

Has history repeated itself?

It has o! my brother. Since they can't put their house in order, the Ibos decided to do that for them.

Onbehalf of the Yorubas, All thanks be to the Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by akumada1: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
fayemi was behind his losing. He could have did the needful
Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by Ucheosefoh(m): 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2014
When the supporters of APC did not get what they want they turn to threats and fights
Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by GovWahala: 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2014
Apc is a party of miscreants and touts so what do u expect?

1 Like

Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
akumada1: fayemi was behind his losing. He could have did the needful

no fayemi were behind his losing. he can has does the needful
Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by Manazz(m): 12:44am On Jul 12, 2014
Seriously do all you APC/PDP supporters you actually care about the development of these States or you only care about your pathetic Parties winning in them?

Oh well its not like the Parties you support actually present you with qualified candidates but the people must be so damn stupid to vote them anyway undecided Why don't we have some sort of Independent candidate system ? Something like that would really teach all these stupid Parties a lesson.
Re: Chris Uba Shut Down Apc's Rigging Plan In Ekiti by Omexonomy: 3:40am On Jul 12, 2014
But soyinka and lie lie mohamed claim the election was not free and fair the mad ol' profesor claimd he saw soldiers thumb printing ballot paper enmase and pouring it into different ballot box.

(1) (Reply)

Stealing Is Not Corruption - GEJ VERSUS Abacha Never Stole - Buhari / Breaking: GEJ's Campaign Banners Destroyers Caught On CCTV Cameras / Photos Of Buhari And His Team In A Jet As They Head To Kaduna For A Rally Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.