Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,573 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader (30310 Views)

Platoon 10 / Platoon 3, NYSC DELTA Lost Three Gems. / Meet Your Platoon Members Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 8:46pm On Jun 28, 2014
Special information needed from all past and presently serving corp members.

PLEASE will like to know the benefits accrued to being a platoon leader for the 3 weeks orientation program of NYSC.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Royaldee: 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2014
Whatever your reason for being a platoon leader at the camp, PLEASE do it for a just course. Thanks. FTC hmmnn

4 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Allohrandy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2014
The benefits of being a platoon leader is you have access to sleeping with different girls and also you will get preferencial PPA

10 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
Royaldee: Whatever your reason for being a platoon leader at the camp, PLEASE do it for a just course. Thanks
Royaldee, sure It's for a just course.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
Will greatly appreciate the positive and negative part of it. It's all in the spirit of the call to serve.

Thanks!
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 29, 2014
There is nothing there in being a platoon leader.
Its just extra stress on you, unless u enjoy leadership.
My platoon leader was frowning the day we left camp, he was posted to teach in one remote village like that .
Whatever u gain from being a platoon leader, u can also gain by being a floor member ranging from favorable postings to dating any girl u want.
Even my camp medical director was posted to an 'unsavory' ppa, he asked for rejection and he was posted to a worse hospital, meanwhile,we the 'ordinary ppl' got what we wanted....
In essence, if u don't lobby well, u will stand the same chance as every other person.

30 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2014
Being a platoon leader has a lot of stress, I tell you. You have limited time for yourself, many floor members may not like you thereby affecting the outcome of your participation in camp competitions etc If you want to enjoy platoon leadership, talk less and listen more, don't be tribalistic, be free with the ladies, don't be too flexible, be loyal to your platoon inspectors and your other platoon executives, partcipate in almost all the competitions your platoon will partake. Lest I forget, the ladies will come. Do you know as the platoon leader, you could have posting slots? It boils down on your 'packaging' with your platoon officers and some other NYSC staff you would meet me in camp.
Make I continue?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
Evergreen123: There is nothing there in being a platoon leader.
Its just extra stress on you, unless u enjoy leadership.
My platoon leader was frowning the day we left camp, he was posted to teach in one remote village like that .
Whatever u gain from being a platoon leader, u can also gain by being a floor member ranging from favorable postings to dating any girl u want.
Even my camp medical director was posted to an 'unsavory' ppa, he asked for rejection and he was posted to a worse hospital, meanwhile,we the 'ordinary ppl' got what we wanted...
In essence, if u don't lobby well, u will stand the same chance as every other person.
Thanks a lot for the time you took to explain this.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2014
ajoskele: Being a platoon leader has a lot of stress, I tell you. You have limited time for yourself, many floor members may not like you thereby affecting the outcome of your participation in camp competitions etc If you want to enjoy platoon leadership, talk less and listen more, don't be tribalistic, be free with the ladies, don't be too flexible, be loyal to your platoon inspectors and your other platoon executives, partcipate in almost all the competitions your platoon will partake. Lest I forget, the ladies will come. Do you know as the platoon leader, you could have posting slots? It boils down on your 'packaging' with your platoon officers and some other NYSC staff you would meet me in camp.
Make I continue?
please have u served? If yes where pls?

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2014
savio07: please have u served? If yes where pls?
I'm serving. Osun state.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by savio07(m): 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
Ok
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
ajoskele: Being a platoon leader has a lot of stress, I tell you. You have limited time for yourself, many floor members may not like you thereby affecting the outcome of your participation in camp competitions etc If you want to enjoy platoon leadership, talk less and listen more, don't be tribalistic, be free with the ladies, don't be too flexible, be loyal to your platoon inspectors and your other platoon executives, partcipate in almost all the competitions your platoon will partake. Lest I forget, the ladies will come. Do you know as the platoon leader, you could have posting slots? It boils down on your 'packaging' with your platoon officers and some other NYSC staff you would meet me in camp.
Make I continue?
Platoon leaders don't have slots.
The platoon inspectors even have only one slot each, tho they can link u up to higher officials if they have connections

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2014
Evergreen123:
Platoon leaders don't have slots.
The platoon inspectors even have only one slot each, tho they can link u up to higher officials if they have connections
Bros, I expect you talk more about what you know. Were you on camp with me?. I wrote about what I experienced and you still doubt it.#talkingfromexperience

8 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Heineken(m): 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: I'm serving. Osun state.
. Boss please how much is A room in osun state and a room self contain? Am thinking of serving there come Nov. Thanks.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
Heineken: . Boss please how much is A room in osun state and a room self contain? Am thinking of serving there come Nov. Thanks.
lol..Bros, Osun state has 30LGs ooh..it depends on the town you are posted. In Ede where I serve, you could get a room as low as 7k per annum and as high as 30k. It depends on your preference.
Here, a self-contain room ranges between 30' and 60k

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: Bros, I expect you talk more about what you know. Were you on camp with me?. I wrote about what I experienced and you still doubt it.#talkingfromexperience

OK
just that my own camp had it otherwise
peace
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2014
Evergreen123:

OK
just that my own camp had it otherwise
peace
Hmm..you won't believe an assistant LGI had 12slots on camp then. I did my reposting myself few minutes I received my posting letter. So it boils down to your packaging with them
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Heineken(m): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: lol..Bros, Osun state has 30LGs ooh..it depends on the town you are posted. In Ede where I serve, you could get a room as low as 7k per annum and as high as 30k. It depends on your preference.
Here, a self-contain room ranges between 30' and 60k
. Thanks boss. A friend that just finished serving there said I should join one group like that when I get to camp that I'll be posted to a better place. He said they are in charge of info or news in camp. I've 4ggtn the name
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
Heineken: . Thanks boss. A friend that just finished serving there said I should join one group like that when I get to camp that I'll be posted to a better place. He said they are in charge of info or news in camp. I've 4ggtn the name
OBS..Orientation Broadcasting Service

5 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
Heineken: . Thanks boss. A friend that just finished serving there said I should join one group like that when I get to camp that I'll be posted to a better place. He said they are in charge of info or news in camp. I've 4ggtn the name
You will all be posted to Osogbo, the state capital buh trust me you may be posted to a school. Your CDS would eventually be Editorial CDS. But wait ooh, u need dey very active for OBS oo if not na On Your Own u go dey.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: Hmm..you won't believe an assistant LGI had 12slots on camp then. I did my reposting myself few minutes I received my posting letter. So it boils down to your packaging with them

was talking about platoon leaders n inspectors dude
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2014
Evergreen123:

was talking about platoon leaders n inspectors dude
Have you forgotten those platoon inspectors are assistant LIs, LIs, ZIs in their various local governments and zones?
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: Have you forgotten those platoon inspectors are assistant LIs, LIs, ZIs in their various local governments and zones?

u go fear ZIs nah.
In my camp, they had only one slot.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2014
Evergreen123:

u go fear ZIs nah.
In my camp, they had only one slot.
eeyah..that was too harsh
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
Oga yokiti, what are the chances of this thread making front page?
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by yokiti: 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
Skateboard: Oga yokiti, what are the chances of this thread making front page?
I will do the needful about it. Lets keep hope alive.
Platoon leaders and their collaborators "chopped" our money or how better can you explain #500 contribution of over 150 corpers (those that paid) not being enough that we didnt present food on the day of all platoons' cooking competition. Those set of people will condemn the big rogues in government forgetting that even "ordinary stealing"(apologies to president GEJ ) can dent your image in a society where good character and integrity is the watchword.

6 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by yokiti: 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2014
yokiti:
I gave a hint about the possibility of your house thread (but a thread like this one was added to homepage before the tsunami) in my response to Samguine's update about the uncommon quaities of his new found love; Omalicha AdaEkube.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Heineken(m): 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: You will all be posted to Osogbo, the state capital buh trust me you may be posted to a school. Your CDS would eventually be Editorial CDS. But wait ooh, u need dey very active for OBS oo if not na On Your Own u go dey.
. Boss I appreciate gan..God must bless you. Actually I read mass comm but am not after any editorial stuff. Mine is just 2 get a better place so the stress won't be much. Boss pls wch group do you think I can join apart from the OBS? And If eventually choose that OBS is osogbo good and how far with their accommodation rate there? Wch group did you join then and are you teaching? Abeg no vex for this questions o. You knw as e dey be na. Thanks padi

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2014
yokiti:
I gave a hint about the possibility of it in my response to Samguine's update about the uncommon quaities of his new found love; Omalicha AdaEkube.
Alright.
Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by ajoskele(m): 6:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
Heineken: . Boss I appreciate gan..God must bless you. Actually I read mass comm but am not after any editorial stuff. Mine is just 2 get a better place so the stress won't be much. Boss pls wch group do you think I can join apart from the OBS? And If eventually choose that OBS is osogbo good and how far with their accommodation rate there? Wch group did you join then and are you teaching? Abeg no vex for this questions o. You knw as e dey be na. Thanks padi
The groups on camp are cultural, flagbearers abi na flagparty, football/volleyball, band etc. In Osun state, the cultural troupe members(relevant ones) are posted to Osogbo same with volleyballers. I played football and was picked and posted to Ede, the home of Osun NYSC footballers. Some volleyballers too get posted to Ede.
Accomodation in Osogbo shouldn't be much wahala buh since it's a state capital, I guess you would try harder.
Most "corpers" in Osun teach. You would do less work if you were posted to an LG secretariat. With this new directive from NYSC DG though, you may be posted to a media house.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Being A Platoon Leader by Heineken(m): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
ajoskele: The groups on camp are cultural, flagbearers abi na flagparty, football/volleyball, band etc. In Osun state, the cultural troupe members(relevant ones) are posted to Osogbo same with volleyballers. I played football and was picked and posted to Ede, the home of Osun NYSC footballers. Some volleyballers too get posted to Ede.
Accomodation in Osogbo shouldn't be much wahala buh since it's a state capital, I guess you would try harder.
Most "corpers" in Osun teach. You would do less work if you were posted to an LG secretariat. With this new directive from NYSC DG though, you may be posted to a media house.
. May God bless you boss. I appreciate. Oshey gan!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Male Corper Turns Truck Pusher In Tongue Wagging Photos / Nysc In Enugu State.. / 24-Year-Old Female Benue Corper Buried In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.