Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Free Skill Acquisition E-Center - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center (479665 Views)

Free Skill Acquisition Serminal: Season I / SKILLS ACQUISITION SEMINAR/TRAINING / FREE Skill Acquisition Training/entrepreneurship Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2014
First of all, let me quickly give a
brief explanation of what this
thread is all about. This thread is
created out of the desire to
equip and empower people with
some entrepreneural skills. Our
free training is mainly going to be
centred on how to produce
some of our daily need products
such as: liquid soap,
disinfectant (dettol), germicide
(Izal), balm etc, either for commercial purpose or for personal use. I'll like to make
it as interactive as possible. Feel
free to ask questions and
contribute your ideas also.

This is going to be a kind of continuation of our dear thread ''Lucrative Business You Can Do With 20k or Less'' that we lost to the recent attack on nairaland.
We were already on page 21 or so, before the sudden attack.

Let's start registering our interests.

Please, don't post anything outside the topic of discussion and please avoid spamming the thread with adverts .

Thanks.

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2014
TABLE OF CONTENT

Hello, if you are just joining

us on this thread, so far, we've

learned how to produce:

liquid
detergent, germicide (izal

formula), antiseptic (dettol

formula), Balm (aboniki
formula), some useful things on bicarbonate, toothpaste, bar soap.....

Do check:

Page 0....................Liquid
detergent

Page 1 and 4...........Germicide

Page 2.....................Antiseptic

Page 4- 5.................Balm

Page 6, 15 and 16----------images of products

Page 7--------------condensed milk

Page 10-11----------- Scouring Powder

Page 12-13----------Toothpaste formulas.

Page 15, 16-------------Bar Soap

Page 114 ---------------About my e-book

Please, do take your time to

peruse through the pages
before the questions.

NOTE: Please, note that the contents and all our available ebooks and prices are always update
d on the last or second to the last page of this thread.

Ensure to always check the last or second to the last page of the thread to have knowledge of the changes.

Thanks.

22 Likes

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by jchick(f): 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
I'm interested
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2014
jchick: I'm interested

Noted Sir! Just few more interests and we begin....old members of the lost thread are also welcome.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 9:14am On Jul 08, 2014
If you are already into the production of any of the following items and you need help, feel free to join us here and get help: Gel air freshener, bar soaps (laundry, medicated/non medicated soap, powder detergent (like klin (formula)), shoe polish, customised candle, hair cream, after shave, methylated spirit etc.

If you are also thinking of starting up a new business in that line, you are welcome too.

Thanks.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by lgboks(m): 11:00am On Jul 08, 2014
Seriously interested.....could not follow the last thread cus of exams..now am in cool

2 Likes

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
lgboks: Seriously interested.....could not follow the last thread cus of exams..now am in cool

Nice to have you on this one sir.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Delatoriaa(f): 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
Am in too

2 Likes

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 11:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
Delatoriaa: Am in too

Noted ma'am.

We shall start soon.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2014
LIQUID WASHING SOAP (LIQUID DETERGENT)

Liquid soap as the name implies, is soap in liquid form. It is a cleansing agent and it is a multi-purpose cleanser.
Liquid soap is also known as liquid detergent. It has the ability to emulsify oils and hold dirt in suspension. Liquid detergents (Soap) share same properties with solid detergents. A detergent is expected to consist of the surface-active agents or ingredients which are the essential ingredients and subsidiary ingredients (supplementing ingredients).
In all detergents, the surface-active agent forms the most important part of the detergent. All the ingredients needed in the production of liquid soap (liquid detergents) will be listed later.

Note: in this lesson we hope to learn a multi-purpose liquid soap. That is, one that can be used for basic cleansing like: washing of plates, cars, laundry etc.

So, stay tuned as I take us on a journey to producing a high quality multi-purpose liquid soap.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
Materials (chemicals) Needed For The Production Of 20 Litres Of Liquid Detergent (soap)

Nitrosol/Antisol or C.M.S...........................1 tin milk cup ( very full).

Sulphonic acid..............1 litre

Caustic soda.................1/3 tin milk cup

Soda ash...................1/2 tin milk cup

Texapon...........................5-6 teaspoonfuls

Formaline........................5-7 teaspoonfuls (optional)

Perfume(Fragrance)........as desired.

SLS. (Sodium laurate sulphate)..........................5-6 teaspoonfuls

S.T.P.P (sodium Tripolyphosphate).............5-6 teaspoonfuls

Colorant.................as desired

Water........................19 litres

THE APPARATUS (TOOLS) NEEDED

Containers (Plastic bowls)
Hand gloves
Nose mask
Stirring rod (Turning Stick)

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by barikay: 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
waiting

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Jobig(m): 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2014
Am interested
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by okwele1(f): 10:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
am interested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 2:54am On Jul 10, 2014
METHOD OF PREPARATION
-Dissolve the caustic soda with 1 litre of water and allow to stay for 30 minutes to 1hr or over night.

-Dissolve soda ash in 1 litre of water and allow to stay for 30min/hr or over night.

-Get your sulphonic acid, pour inside an empty bowl, and add your perfume (fragrance) to it and the texapoon, then add like 3-4 litres of water and stir very well for about 5 - 10 minutes.

-Dissolve the SLS with 2 tin milk cups of water

-Dissolve the STPP with 2 tin milk cups of water also

-Get the Nitrosol but if it is C.M.C you’re using, make sure it is dissolved 2 days to the preparation of the soap with 4-5 litres of water. If you are using Nitrosol, it's used instantly (as in, no need soaking it down).

PREPARATION
-Get the Nitrosol that has been dissolved in water or the C.MC. that has been dissolved 2 days to the preparation of the soap.

-Add the dissolved sulphonic acid, texapon and perfume to either the Nitrosol or C.MC depending on the one you are using and stir very well.

-Add the already dissolved caustic Soda and stir very well.
Add the already dissolved soda ash and stir properly.

-Add formalin to the content and stir properly.

-Add the dissolved S.T.P.P and stir.

-Add the dissolved SLS to the content.

-Dissolve your colourant in water and ensure that the colourant is completely dissolved, then add it to the solution and stir thoroughly.

-Add some quantity of water to the mixture, depending on the thickness of the mixture.
Leave the mixture for some hours or preferably till the following day and then package for use or for sale.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 3:03am On Jul 10, 2014
I'm going to give us an assignment in my next post, I will be giving us measurement for the production of 1 to 2 litres. This is to help us get it right and to boost our confidence in producing larger quantity.

I will also be giving us the function of each of the chemicals and the cost of each. So, stay tuned.

9 Likes

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2014
ASSIGNMENT
I promised giving us an assignment, here's the assigment. You can upload the pictures of your production.

Using the instruction or guide giving for the production of liquid soap, kindly use the giving materials and measurement given below to produce 2-3 litres of liquid soap at home.

MATERIALS
/MEASUREMENT

Sulpunic Acid
1 peak milk tin

Caustic Soda
1 spoon

Soda Ash
2 spoon

STTP or SLS
1/2 spoon

Nitrosol
1 tomato tin cup(just at mouth level)

Texapon
1/2 spoon

Formalin
Optional (just some drops)

Fragrance(perfume)
1/2 spoon or as desired

Water
2-3 litres

TIPS

-Dilute your sulpunic acid with 1/2 litre of water

-Dissolve the nitrosol with 1/2 litre or just a little less.

-Dissolve the caustic soda with 1 tomato tin cup of water

-Dissolve the soda ash with 1 milk tin cup of water.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
COST OF MATERIALS

-Sulphurnic acid----------1/2 litre (N450)

-Caustic soda-----------------1/2 kg (N90)

-Soda ash----------------------1/2 kg (N90)

-Nitrosol-----------------------1/8 kg (N250)

-Coloor---------------------1Sachet(N50)

-STTP----------------------1/4 kg (N50)

-SLS--------------------------1/8 kg (N190)

Perfume-------------------(N100) depends on the type you are going for.

The above cost is given based on the least quantity of materials you can buy or that some sellers might agree to sell to you.
Also note that, you only need little out of the materials to do your assignment. You can keep your remaining chemicals for future use.

Thanks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by lgboks(m): 8:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
Dint see your assignment on time would have gone with your steps....but I jst produced the liquid soap experimenting with another. Method ...no causic soda and texapon(wanted to make the soap less caustic or acidic) thanks with the steps ..would try and upload pics 2morow...(I like experimenting with new procedures)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by godfreykingsley: 6:20am On Jul 12, 2014
I am in too
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:44am On Jul 12, 2014
lgboks: Dint see your assignment on time would have gone with your steps....but I jst produced the liquid soap experimenting with another. Method ...no causic soda and texapon(wanted to make the soap less caustic or acidic) thanks with the steps ..would try and upload pics 2morow...(I like experimenting with new procedures)

Sorry about that. As for making soap without caustic soda, well, you might still have a 'soap' but if we must go by what soap really is, then lye (caustic soda) is inevitable. The chemical reaction that yields or gives soap is known as saponification, which is simply the reaction between oil or fat. The caustic soda doesn't really remain in the soap as 'caustic soda' after the reaction if combined in the right proportion. The caustic soda is usually used up to give soap. Don't know if my explanation is clear enough.

Will be looking forward to seeing the pictures of your production sir.

Thanks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2014
godfreykingsley: I am in too

You are highly welcome Sir.
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2014
I will give the functions of the chemicals in my next post.

Meanwhile, you can keep your questions coming. We still have a lot of things to learn, so we need to move to another product soon.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
THE FUNCTION OF SOME OF THESE CHEMICALS

-Caustic soda is used as a base during detergent production: It is a stain remover

-Sulphonic acid is an organic acid, which is very important in liquid detergent production. It neutralizes the basic effect of sodium hydroxide (Caustic soda): It is a foaming agent

-S.T.P.P (sodium TripolyPhosphate): In liquid detergent, it helps to soften water, suspends soil, and serves as an anti-spotting agent. It is a good builder and also ensures stability of liquid detergents when used.

-Formalin is basically a preservative in the liquid detergent

-Fragrance (perfume) is to give good and pleasant smell

-Nitrosol: Is a thickening agent (A Thickner)

- SLS is a foam booster

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
Like I said earlier, we have a lot to cover, so keep all your questions on liquid soap production coming. We need to move to the next thing soon.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
Germicide: we make use of germicide almost everyday. Production of Germicide is the next thing we shall be considering here. Stay tuned.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Strongbest(m): 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
meanwhile, I will be waiting to see our interest before we go on. I want to be sure I'm not just wasting my time here. So, indicate your interest.

Strongbest.

Thanks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by kmaxx(m): 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by Raymondif: 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
am in continue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by impeccablephili: 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hey bros we are waiting

1 Like

Re: Free Skill Acquisition E-Center by obajohn(m): 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
bro well done. u ar doing a great job.
in otherwords u r creating job.
following with rapt attention.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (184) (Reply)

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.