Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Virgin Needs U! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Virgin Needs U! (2880 Views)

A Value Added Mobile Company Needs U! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgin Needs U! by tipsydude(m): 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2008
Alrite peeps am back again with what most of y'all have been waitin 4. no links, no click this or click that but straight 2 da point as it is meant 2 be on nairaland. so here it goes:

Virgin Nigeria Jobs

Virgin Nigeria has ordered 24 new Embraer jets? We would be receiving the first pair by year end and are seeking bright aspiring people to fly these jets.

Whilst we already have a mix of pilots with individual flair joining us from diverse backgrounds, we need to empower our Nigerian talent to join us on the flight decks of these aeroplanes.

All that is required to be one of our cadets on the programme is that you:

Are Physically fit;
Are between 22-35 years of age;
Have an excellent fluency in English; boths poken and written; working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
Have a good University degree (plus passes in English, Mathematics and Physics at O’Levels) or a Private Pilot’s License;
Are computer literate;
Have a valid international passport and;
Have the ability to work effectively in teams
How to Apply

Interested candidates whose skills and capabilities match should send a one-page CV subject: “VNA/FO/0708 Pilot Cadetship” to joinus@virginnigeria.com

Deadline is October 20th, 2008.

holla @ me only after u've gone through all my previous posts. hopin 2 meet d lucky ones on the Virgin side of life.

"TOUCHING THE RIGHT SPOTS!!!
Re: Virgin Needs U! by innocentoh(m): 4:38pm On Oct 13, 2008
I Hope is not The already expired vacancy. that u are pasting to nairaland again. how latest is ur information. please tell the house.
Re: Virgin Needs U! by tipsydude(m): 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2008
@innocentoh

i wuld sincerely advice that u don't even bother applying for this post or any vacancy at all until u've learnt how 2 read and pay attention to what u've read.what part of
tipsydude:

holla @ me only after u've gone through all my previous posts.
don't u understand?

secondly, try to keep yourself informed because it would help u go places.if u are informed, u would have known that the purchase of the Embraer Jets is a recent development in Virgin Nigeria and we only took delivery of the first pair last week tuesday.

so please until u've improved on the abv mentioned points, keep ur pathetic remarks to yourself and awy from the house.

4 d house, this vacancy is not yet on our website and might not find its way there. deadline is 20OCT08.
Re: Virgin Needs U! by IVY4U(f): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2008
@tipsydude,
I already have a sponsor(no ties) and will commence my training in Nov in the US. All fees paid. I will have my cpl in may 2008. How can i come into virgin. I really like virgin and i want to work with them.Do i need type rating? If yes, which? If you have any advise for me, do give me a contact so i could reach you. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Needs U! by tipsydude(m): 9:31am On Oct 14, 2008
@ IVY4U

I really don't get d following abt "no ties"
IVY4U:

I already have a sponsor(no ties)

as 4 ur training, well its all gud and u've got 2 do wat u gotta do, but believe me when i say that even if u join virgin as an experienced pilot, u still must go thru our own training and u must pass it inorder to be taken. though having experience stands u in good stead.

if u need anymore insight, dont hesitate 2 holla.

"TOUCHING THE RIGHT SPOTS!!!!
Re: Virgin Needs U! by Babem(f): 10:12am On Oct 14, 2008
@ tipsydude

Thank you so much for the information you gave about the IT Skills test. I did the test 2nd of August, 2008 & I'm grateful to God for granting me success. I'm expecting a call from them soon for the interview & i know the interview tips you gave would also be useful.
Keep up the Good work. I deduce from your postings that you finally got the job with VNA, with the whole recruitment process that was like a dream according to you. I'm Happy for you; Just give & be your best & the best in VNA would be yours.

Best Regards.
Re: Virgin Needs U! by tipsydude(m): 10:50am On Oct 14, 2008
@ Babem

tnx 4 ur post, i really appreciate it. i also wish u d best in all ur endeavours and am looking forward 2 welcoming u onboard d VNA family. life here is quite sumtin u can't imagine until u r in2 it. its not all abt d pay but wonderful work environment dat exposes u 2 lotsa opportunities. so just work 2wards being a part of us and u'll make it.

hp 2 hear more 4rm u and others.

ciao.

"TOUCHING THE RIGHT SPOTS!!!"
Re: Virgin Needs U! by larryx1: 11:38am On Oct 14, 2008
Guy i have a degree in guidance and counselling and preparing for certifications in project management and personel management,what are my chances?
Re: Virgin Needs U! by tipsydude(m): 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2008
@ larry x

"guy" u stand a chance as d nxt person. it's d way ur cv is formatted and presented dat gets u invited 4 an apt test cos its ur cv dat sells u then ur ability 2 scale thru d apt test and proceeding interviews dat wuld place u where u wanna be and not wat u studied as long as u dont limit urself.
Re: Virgin Needs U! by chyemma: 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2008
hi tipsydude!! cana female with OND apply as well, dont worry about the qualification but the experience am sure will make do. I ernestly await ur reply.
Re: Virgin Needs U! by tipsydude(m): 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2008
@ chyemma

well i don't really know ur chances now because ur experience will only com in2 play after d  test and interviews. and the advert says "good university degree", so i don't really know but i believe that life is a risk and it's all about taking chances so what d hell? apply and c what happens.
Re: Virgin Needs U! by IVY4U(f): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2008
@tipsydude,

"No ties" implies that am not oblige to work for my sponsors. I can work anywhere with any airline.
I really dont know if i can link both and how, the VN cadet stuff and my training, but i have to do my training as i have paid all fees.
Lol, i definately need an insight or more. Will be glad if you can help.

Thanks all the same for the information.
Re: Virgin Needs U! by larryx1: 11:22pm On Oct 14, 2008
sorry bro,i guess the guy thing didnt go well with you, how do i package my cv?thank you
Re: Virgin Needs U! by tipsydude(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2008
@ larryx

glad u deduced ur error but all d same no hard feelings @ my end. as 4 ur cv, pls do try to keep it simple and straight to the point. avoid bogus tales of accomplishments and achievements dat can not be defended by u. stick 2 d essentials and pls try 2 avoid d use of colors and improper font size.

ur info should follow sequentially starting 4rm primary education and culminating in ur present position or qualification. it culd also be vice-versa. ur career objective shuld be realistic and not ficticious. referees r not 2 vital so they could be omitted on the cv but pls indicate that they will be made available on demand.

dats all 4 now.
Re: Virgin Needs U! by chyemma: 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2008
@tipsydude,
thanks for all your reply, please you asked me to contact you yesterday and when I did, you didnt respond I guess you must have gone ofline by then, so please can you buzz me now on chedegirl@yahoo.com, so we can chat
Thanks and may the Good Lord bless you.
Re: Virgin Needs U! by mi3(f): 3:33am On Oct 21, 2008
@Tipsydude, so, the requirements mentin that a private license is okay to join the cadet program, and in reply to IVY, you said that even if you come in as an experienced pilot, you will still be retrained by virgin. My question is this, so if i have a private licence, and go in the Cadet program, I could get the CPL from there??
Re: Virgin Needs U! by Blakkice: 5:56am On Oct 21, 2008
@ tipsydude

First of all thanks for the heads up, I/we really really appreciate it, good looking out. I applied earlier on in July, never got a response and when I made some inquiries what I got left me puzzled. So now you being an insider, I've got a couple of questions to ask you but I don't want to risk sending this thread in another direction. Is there an email addy for me to hit you up on? I'd really appreciate it

Cheers.
Re: Virgin Needs U! by Wendy80(f): 7:22am On Oct 21, 2008
@ tipsydude
Pls i would like to work as a cabin crew member (air hostess). What are my chances?
Re: Virgin Needs U! by codeweaver: 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2008
@tipsy dude

You've been quite a wonderful resource for information on VNA Recruitment. Kudos for the pro bono work. I applied for the Pilot Cadet programme in July, did an Aptitude Test in September, got a positive reply same day, and then a 'Prepare for the Next Stage (Psychometric Assessment) Email' about 2 weeks ago. You can be sure I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My questions are:

'How many more stages are there in the process?'
'Any figures on the number of cadets to be admitted in this batch?'
'Any idea when VNA plans to conclude this process?'

This could really help in making plans, keeping myself prepared & being available in Lagos.

You can reach me at codeweavernaija@gmail.com.

For everyone interested in Virgin Nigeria, my experience with the recruitment process so far has been encouraging & I commend VNA for their transparency. 'I no get person on the inside', so I'm happy to have gone this far. The closest to 'inside information' has come from NAIRALAND!!!

Cheers & keep up the good work
Re: Virgin Needs U! by cima1(f): 4:32am On Oct 29, 2008
undecided

(1) (Reply)

My Testimony!!! / Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment / The New Way Company Advertise Vacant Positions (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.