Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,909 members, 7,799,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here (1320 Views)

11weeks OLD GIGANTIC GALLANT LHASA APSO PUPS 4 SALE “2males left” 80k each / Superb GSD Pups for two lucky people / urgently needed here..Plz What Breed Is This Puppy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by kuzee(m): 8:34am On Aug 12, 2014
hello members
a member want to buy two pups.
but the problem is that i reside in delta and he base in lagos..
how long can a pup survive the long journey?
what the needs to be done plz.
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by kuzee(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2014
make una tell mi now.
am in dilemma .now
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by Seun(m): 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
If you accompany the puppy on the trip, there should be no problem, except this one: puppies need to weewee and poo quite frequently.
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by kuzee(m): 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
i cant accompany the puppy,that the main problem
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by Akunyun(m): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
kuzee: i cant accompany the puppy,that the main problem
You have no problem bro.. where in Delta are You? You should just go to a reliable transport company like God is good, Get a big plastic (that type they use in hawking doughnut and the other snacks) create holes with a hot knife on it to allow ventilation, and make sure they aren't fed @ all in order not to mess up the plastic and to avoid vomiting due to motion sickness,also make sure you send it very early in the morning. This was how I got mine a couple of months back. Thank me later.
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by Eveezy(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
When traveling long distance with a pup or an adult that is not used to the motion of a moving vehicle, it is best adviced not to feed the pup, so as to prevent it from throwing up, preferably stop feeding it from the day before its going to be transported, it is ok to give the pup water, as it would only pee nd nt poo, starving a dog 4 such period won't kill d dog, 4 a puppy I would advice that u go along wit it, bt if dt is nt posible, ask sumone help u watch it cos despite d fact dat it may nt hav food to throw up, it will tend to drool more nd dt cn be managed than it continously throwing up food it ate, most breeders will over feed their pups only when they want to sell it so it will look fatter bt dt is nt necessary cos as a gud breeder if u feed ur dogs well, dey will always look gud, starving it for a few hours won't kill it provided u tell d buyer to feed it well as soon as he get d pup,
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by Seun(m): 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2014
@Akunyun, Eveezy. Thanks for your very helpful answers.

@kuzee: If you're putting the pup in a plastic box with holes, pls make the holes as big and as numerous as possible. And please make sure the box is placed in a location that is protected from the sun and also that the air holes in the box are not obstructed. Cheers.
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2014

1 Like

Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by whitebrown(f): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hi there,

You need a box like this or plastic travel boxes which most vets sell, a water bottle & you can get your vet to sedate puppies before your journey just to calm them, you can feed your dogs before or after that is up to you & remember to layer your box with newspapers it helps to clean the mess in the cage. Some people give glucose & water when the puppy gets to their last destination to stabilize them, you can ask for more info from your breeder or vet & lastly as a responsible dog owner make sure vaccinations are up to date 2 weeks before travel.
Goodluck

Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by kuzee(m): 9:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
Akunyun:
You have no problem bro.. where in Delta are You? You should just go to a reliable transport company like God is good, Get a big plastic (that type they use in hawking doughnut and the other snacks) create holes with a hot knife on it to allow ventilation, and make sure they aren't fed @ all in order not to mess up the plastic and to avoid vomiting due to motion sickness,also make sure you send it very early in the morning. This was how I got mine a couple of months back. Thank me later.
wow,that a nic answer.
thanks alot..
so meaning i dont feed the pup at all before it get delivered.
thought they might get thirsty or hungry along the way..
can you provide the pix of your plastic?
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by kuzee(m): 10:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
Eveezy: When traveling long distance with a pup or an adult that is not used to the motion of a moving vehicle, it is best adviced not to feed the pup, so as to prevent it from throwing up, preferably stop feeding it from the day before its going to be transported, it is ok to give the pup water, as it would only pee nd nt poo, starving a dog 4 such period won't kill d dog, 4 a puppy I would advice that u go along wit it, bt if dt is nt posible, ask sumone help u watch it cos despite d fact dat it may nt hav food to throw up, it will tend to drool more nd dt cn be managed than it continously throwing up food it ate, most breeders will over feed their pups only when they want to sell it so it will look fatter bt dt is nt necessary cos as a gud breeder if u feed ur dogs well, dey will always look gud, starving it for a few hours won't kill it provided u tell d buyer to feed it well as soon as he get d pup,
thanks alot for your wonderful advice..
God bless nairaland and oga seun..also members of this section. cheesy
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by kuzee(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
whitebrown: Hi there,

You need a box like this or plastic travel boxes which most vets sell, a water bottle & you can get your vet to sedate puppies before your journey just to calm them, you can feed your dogs before or after that is up to you & remember to layer your box with newspapers it helps to clean the mess in the cage. Some people give glucose & water when the puppy gets to their last destination to stabilize them, you can ask for more info from your breeder or vet & lastly as a responsible dog owner make sure vaccinations are up to date 2 weeks before travel.
Goodluck

thanks for your wonderful advice.
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by Akunyun(m): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2014
kuzee:
wow,that a nic answer.
thanks alot..
so meaning i dont feed the pup at all before it get delivered.
thought they might get thirsty or hungry along the way..
can you provide the pix of your plastic?
Uwc bro.. but i'm sorry that I can't upload the pix of the plastic right now due to the fact that am not at home, when are u sending them? Hope tomorrow isn't too late to upload the pix?
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by kuzee(m): 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
specifically i m not sending them now as i m not around,will deliver the pups to my various client on monday..i will snap then
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by kuzee(m): 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
hiow much does a dog litter cost?
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by aguizm(m): 12:41am On Aug 18, 2014
Please am new here on naira land but I've bin following d pet section for some time now.please house I need to know if its possible to transport an adult dog through a public transport by buying a sit for my dog as well.Do transport companies accept dat?
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by kuzee(m): 7:26am On Aug 18, 2014
aguizm: Please am new here on naira land but I've bin following d pet section for some time now.please house I need to know if its possible to transport an adult dog through a public transport by buying a sit for my dog as well.Do transport companies accept dat?
yea they do..hope the dog maintain itself
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by aguizm(m): 12:34pm On Aug 18, 2014
kuzee:
yea they do..hope the dog maintain itself
. Yea I take very good care of my gsd dog and its 3 months old but its gonna be 7 months by December when I intend travelling with her for Christmas because I have nobody to take care of it while I will be away.
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by rufdan(m): 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
Night traveling will be the best.I bought this puppy from ibadan down to abuja without no trouble.

Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by Seun(m): 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
rufdan: Night traveling will be the best.I bought this puppy from ibadan down to abuja without no trouble.
Nice basket/crate. Where did you buy it and how much did it cost? Thanks,
Re: Delivery And Transportation Of Pups..help Needed Here by kuzee(m): 11:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
rufdan: Night traveling will be the best.I bought this puppy from ibadan down to abuja without no trouble.
what breed is that?
very nice

(1) (Reply)

Amazingly Rare: Crow Hitching Ride On Flying Eagle (photos) / Photo: Ten Goats Wearing Clothes Found Inside A Vehicle By Ugandan Police / 10 Incredible Stories That Prove Dogs Are Truly A Mans Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.