Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (588137 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 7:50am On Aug 21, 2014
The admission/application period is here again and lots of folks are preparing. One of the basic requirements for this is the English Language proficiency test.

Some would be applying for the first time while some are already gurus in this area. So ask your questions here for the first timers and I'l try my possible best to answer. For the gurus in the house, you are welcome to contribute and help others out.

Please note that this thread is for IELTS intending 'takers'.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 7:52am On Aug 21, 2014
Let me start by saying...dont try to pay online, its a waste of time

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hmm. Does it means no nairalander intends writing IELTS? Where does the crowd almost every saturday come from?

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by adebasket97: 6:11am On Aug 27, 2014
Maybe everyone is still in silent mode.lol

Hw was ya result?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 6:48am On Aug 27, 2014
adebasket97: Maybe everyone is still in silent mode.lol

Hw was ya result?

I see u bro. Friday tins....count down
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Inufele1: 12:02am On Aug 31, 2014
Hello guys good 2 see u two here again, i am about to register for my Exam on Monday, just to double check and keep this thread alive. I have to start by getting a bank draft of 38k from any Nigeria bank, issue in the name of British council right?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 7:00am On Aug 31, 2014
Inufele1: Hello guys good 2 see u two here again, i am about to register for my registration on Monday, just to double check and keep this thread alive. I have to start by getting a bank draft of 38k from any Nigeria bank, issue in the name of British council right?

Tnx Inufele. Yea U do. You have to pay a bank commisision though of like 500 if its ur bank n 650 if its from another bank so go with extra cash.

The bank draft has to get to British Council in 2 days
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Inufele1: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
WhyNa:

Tnx Inufele. Yea U do. You have to pay a bank commisision though of like 500 if its ur bank n 650 if its from another bank so go with extra cash.

The bank draft has to get to British Council in 2 days

Ok thanks, so i have to schedule when to write the exam or they will be d 1 to fix date for me
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 5:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
Inufele1:

Ok thanks, so i have to schedule when to write the exam or they will be d 1 to fix date for me

First you have to register online by picking a date and a location that would be convinient for you. After that, you upload ur passport and fill in some vital info. The last step is to pay online which doesnt go through so print out that page and mail, go to the bank, make a bank draft in the name of BC, take it them.

They'ld ask you if you'v uploaded ur passport online and if u have a copy of the mail or print out.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Inufele1: 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
WhyNa:

First you have to register online by picking a date and a location that would be convinient for you. After that, you upload ur passport and fill in some vital info. The last step is to pay online which doesnt go through so print out that page and mail, go to the bank, make a bank draft in the name of BC, take it them.

They'ld ask you if you'v uploaded ur passport online and if u have a copy of the mail or print out.

Ok very detailed thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
Inufele1:

Ok very detailed thanks a lot

Anytime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by sidnigga: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
I want to apply.. Is it true it's easier than toefl... Are the questions normal English questions or complex and technical
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
sidnigga: I want to apply.. Is it true it's easier than toefl... Are the questions normal English questions or complex and technical

Sidnigga, I hvnt written toefl before bt ielts isnt hard either
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by sidnigga: 4:31am On Sep 01, 2014
WhyNa:

Sidnigga, I hvnt written toefl before bt ielts isnt hard either

Sample of how the questions look like
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 7:36am On Sep 01, 2014
sidnigga:

Sample of how the questions look like

First, there's a one on one speaking test where you are asked questions about yourself, then random questions, then given a topic to talk about briefly.

Then on the day of your exam, you first have the listening test where 4 diff tapes are played and you are expectted to answer some questns.

Next comes the comprehension passages, about 3 of them. Not like the everyday passages and you shud read btw the lines and tink well before you answer.

Lastly, you have the writing section where you will be given a chart of anytype to interpret like write out the info represented on the given chart and then another which contains a topic you are to write on. Selah!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by presiade(m): 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
WhyNa: Let me start by saying...dont try to pay online, its a waste of time
Not really, cos I paid for mine online with my GTB mastercard, saving N3000+

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
presiade:
Not really, cos I paid for mine online with my GTB mastercard, saving N3000+

Wow. Guess u'r one of the lucky few

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by presiade(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
WhyNa:

Wow. Guess u'r one of the lucky few
I guess people have just made up their minds that it doesn't go through without making an attempt at it.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
presiade:
I guess people have just made up their mind that it doesn't go through without making an attempt at it.

I dnt think so. For me, I tried and tried and it was becoming fraustratn
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 06, 2014
kkkkkkkkkkk
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 8:15am On Sep 06, 2014
timyoghurt:

whyna please how long does it take for the result to come out also how long does it take for the result to reach Wherever you want to post it to.
secondly congrats on your result please can you please send me some IELTS study materials. thanks my email is teame22@yahoo.com

It takes exactly 13days. I dnt know hw long it takes bt majority of schools abroad ask you to upload a scanned copy of your result. It can alsi be accessed online by the school.

If the school insists ielts sends it directly to them, u can mail ielts and find out how long and hw much. As for the materials, im sorry i dnt hv dem anymore. Tnx for d wishes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Schelube(m): 8:28am On Sep 06, 2014
Nice topic. Please I reside in port harcourt but when I was checking the nearest available date, I saw 20th September but no port Harcourt center. What might be the reason cos travelling all the way to Abuja or Lagos is totally out of my budget for now.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 11:32am On Sep 06, 2014
Schelube: Nice topic. Please I reside in port harcourt but when I was checking the nearest available date, I saw 20th September but no port Harcourt center. What might be the reason cos travelling all the way to Abuja or Lagos is totally out of my budget for now.

i believe Calabar shud be nearer for you and they are still acceptn payments for 20th september. Enugu is also on the list bt for 2nd October. All the best
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 11:33am On Sep 06, 2014
Schelube, I hope we'r talkn about the academic exam here
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kuchikau: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2014
Guuday mr WHYNA and evry one....pls...Hw much r we paying to d british council in bank draft?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 11:54am On Sep 06, 2014
kuchikau: Guuday mr WHYNA and evry one....pls...Hw much r we paying to d british council in bank draft?

38k but please before you do so, make sure you have tried the online payment i.e tryn to pay with your verve, visa or master card. If you pay online, its 35k but if you make a bank draft, its 38k and the bank collects commission of like 500 or 600

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by presiade(m): 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
WhyNa:

38k but please before you do so, make sure you have tried the online payment i.e tryn to pay with your verve, visa or master card. If you pay online, its 35k but if you make a bank draft, its 38k and the bank collects commission of like 500 or 600
Verve card is not acceptable, only Master Card and Visa... just take note.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kuchikau: 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
WhyNa:

.....thanks alot...but pls how long is the result considered valid? And pls where can i get study material?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
kuchikau: .....thanks alot...but pls how long is the result considered valid? And pls where can i get study material?

2 years. You could pay to british council n get copies or ask around here on nairaland and someone will send it to u
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 9:16am On Sep 09, 2014
For those looking for a link to download the ielts materials, i got this from someone
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B9RmSKBbGCaqbmRPQnlneFdvTWc

Note that you can also go to ielts website, click on sample questions and download some too

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Inufele1: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
WhyNa: For those looking for a link to download the ielts materials, i got this from someone
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B9RmSKBbGCaqbmRPQnlneFdvTWc
Note that you can also go to ielts website, click on sample questions and download some too

kuchikau: .....thanks alot...but pls how long is the result considered valid? And pls where can i get study material?

timyoghurt:
whyna please how long does it take for the result to come out also how long does it take for the result to reach Wherever you want to post it to.
secondly congrats on your result please can you please send me some IELTS study materials. thanks my email is teame22@yahoo.com

For those looking for study materials on IELTS and other exams, send a blank email to "selfstudy360@gmail.com" you will get an instant auto-reply

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Humblega(m): 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Inufele1:
For those looking for study materials on IELTS and other exams, send a blank email to "selfstudy360@gmail.com" you will get an auto-reply
av send mail to u. tankz in advance

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.