Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,610 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ... (7859 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah And Wife Visit Ikpeazu (photo) / Ifeanyi Ubah's Mocked Coffin Carried By Ihiala People Over Mass Rigging / TAN Shuts Down Lagos For Jonathan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
Descartes:
Quiting is not the answer, cos if you quit it means that the evil has reigned supreme angry
Even me, I have been finding Nairaland so nasty these days to extend that I rather sleep in the Lab doing research than wasting my time on some dolts and irrelevant issues, but I still squeeze out time to come out and learn as well as contributing my quota angry
Even as I type am on top of my ALGORITHMS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
it is well.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
Descartes: To be honest with everyone on this forum, for these politicians to thrive, they must have some cabals as back-ups. wink
Even if the APC wins the Presidency today the likes of Atiku, Obj, Saraki, Tinubu, etal will be among the cabals pulling the string of corruption "perpetualism" from behind angry cool
Let not be deceived angry
it will be unfair to call Tinubu a cabal. You should at least give reasons. As for Obj, Atiku and co trust me they won't be spared in the corruption probe. Beside, the so-called "cabals" won't survive in an atmostphere of strong opposition. Pdp have the resources to be a strong opposition to the incoming APC govt. It wl be good to our growing democracy and will make leaders sit-up

2 Likes

Re: ... by Descartes: 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
whatlyf: it will be unfair to call Tinubu a cabal. You should at least give reasons. As for Obj, Atiku and co trust me they won't be spared in the corruption probe. Beside, the so-called "cabals" won't survive in an atmostphere of strong opposition. Pdp have the resources to be a strong opposition to the incoming APC govt. It wl be good to our growing democracy and will make leaders sit-up
Just pray he(Atiku) would not mess up the APC presidential primaries, been a fox, with his political sagacity; he might like to play smart to scuttle the Presidential flagbear from the best or better candidate via financial inducement. angry
Re: ... by kolaaderin: 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
whatlyf: it will be unfair to call Tinubu a cabal. You should at least give reasons. As for Obj, Atiku and co trust me they won't be spared in the corruption probe. Beside, the so-called "cabals" won't survive in an atmostphere of strong opposition. Pdp have the resources to be a strong opposition to the incoming APC govt. It wl be good to our growing democracy and will make leaders sit-up

1 million likes.

That is the beauty of democracy. There must be ruling party and opposition, with this the people will be benefiting. But what do we have here is a party that do not want opposition, they wanna continue looting without being questioned.

When the 2 large parties compete then we have reasonable development. A single powerful party is not and will never be democracy cos their party primary election dictates the presidency, there is no need for general election.

1 Like

Re: ... by EdCure: 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
neenar: Very few of them, actually. A huge percentage of his supporters do so out of religious/ethnic sentiments.
And a far larger percentage do so for the 10k.
I was discussing with a cankerworm NLer who paid me a visit at home today, and the stipend was his only obsession wit the gej movement. What a pity!

4 Likes

Re: ... by Ngwakwe: 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
whatlyf: Ngwakwe wrote
Free and fair election is now institutionalised and every region is receiving equal treatment while meritocracy is starting to take shape.

Sir, the 2011 election was said to be better than the sham of 2011 however, it was disputed in several places.
The process leading to the Osun and Ekiti election wher military arrested and harrassed opposition leaders even on election day. That action was condemned by the inec chairman. The result was not rigged because of ppl's doggedness(Osun).
The Anambra election was a daylight robbery(I won't say much here). Truth is the govt is not sincere with election.

You mean Anambra State could have gone to APC?

Edo and Osun were not rigged because of peoples will and doggedness. This is how you keep alienating people from your "critiquing the government is a platform to the top" comments

If I may ask, have you been to Anambra State before to know the will of the people?

INEC was referring to logistics and the mistake in electoral register that eventually effected all parties. Don't forget attempt by Ngige to rig the election using Osun State mechineries which was foiled.

Rigging were done on papers (result sheets) prior to this time while the people suffer to cast their ballots. Those papers were just may formalities until now.
Re: ... by omenka(m): 6:21am On Aug 24, 2014
whatlyf:

The implementation of foi is another thing. However, its a plus that he passed it. Through the foi we knew about the annual N1b food budget for the President and his family

1 week ban. But I see no sensÉ in it. I was banned because Óf that thread. This is laughable
Was about to ask where barcanister is only to read your siggy!!

Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 24, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You mean Anambra State could have gone to APC?

Edo and Osun were not rigged because of peoples will and doggedness. This is how you keep alienating people from your "critiquing the government is a platform to the top" comments

If I may ask, have you been to Anambra State before to know the will of the people?

INEC was referring to logistics and the mistake in electoral register that eventually effected all parties. Don't forget attempt by Ngige to rig the election using Osun State mechineries which was foiled.

Rigging were done on papers (result sheets) prior to this time while the people suffer to cast their ballots. Those papers were just may formalities until now.
pls dnt misuNderstand me on Anambra. There was discripancy in Idimili-Ngige's stronghold which discredited the whole exercise(in my opinion). The Osun election saw marsked DSS agents that shot sparodically in the air(probably in a bid to cause scare to voters). Arrest of Opposition leaders by the DSS on election eve abd the day of election, we also saw the shamelessness of the DSS spokesperson when she revealed to the world that an APC chieftain and PR officer was arrested for nothing vut political reasons. Funny enough the President never said a word on that. Personaly, I want ppl's will to be respected but we can't guarantee that in the face of intimidationn which was witnessed in Ekiti and Osun

1 Like

Re: ... by xwolverine: 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
The Game is Up for these Thieving Class. The know that a formidable opposition is a threat to their thieving existence. They tried all the tricks known to man and beyond man to discredict the APC but it failed them. Now they've resorted to promoting media propaganda to portray the Looter-In-Chief Goodluck Jonathan as a "good man" of same class with the Great Mandela. It still did not make any positive effect. The next was to task their keyboard employees to invade Social Network(Which is the heart and soul of modern political campaign). I assured them that they will be embarrassed beyond thought. This is just the beginning...
Re: ... by xwolverine: 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
Stealing is not corruption. Thieves are not corrupt!!!! They are "only" thieves-Goodluck Ebele Thief Jonathan
Re: ... by xwolverine: 9:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
barcanista:
I don't understand your point Ngwakwe but see ....

[b]Ifeanyi Ubah, Capital Oil boss, put in detention for two weeks

The head of one of Nigeria’s largest indigenous oil marketing company, Ifeanyi Ubah, will be in police cell for the next two weeks based on the order of a Lagos Magistrate Court.
The Court, Thursday, ordered the Police Special Fraud Unit (SFU) to keep Mr. Ubah, the Chief Executive Officer of Capital Oil and Gas Limited, in police custody for two weeks. Mr. Ubah will however not be alone as he would be accompanied in the police cell by four of his employees based on the court order
The court said the reason is for the police to complete its investigation into a the N43 billion subsidy fraud levelled against Mr. Ubah and his company.
The operatives of the SFU had, earlier this week, arrested the Capital Oil and Gas boss and five members of his staff for interrogation, following the company’s indictment by the Aig-Imokuede led 15-member Presidential Panel constituted by President Goodluck Jonathan.
The committee, in which the Commissioner of Police, SFU, Tunde Ogunsakin, is a member; is charged with the verification and reconciliation of fuel subsidy payments.
The SFU said that they are investigating the suspects for “economic sabotage”, in addition to obtaining money under false pretences, money laundering and stealing the property of Nigeria.[/b]

Read more here https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/103375-ifeanyi-ubah-capital-oil-boss-put-in-detention-for-two-weeks.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IMF Faults Forex Restrictions On 43 Items As Hurting Investments / Court Orders PDP To Replace Anyanwu As National Secretary / Akwa Ibom Wins 76 Oil Wells Case Against Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.