Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar (11585 Views)

Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Learning Can't Be Complete Without Ict (learn Website Designing) / Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Kunlexic(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2014
THE Registrar of Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, Professor Dibu Ojerinde has stated that students and candidates who are not computer literate will not be allowed to write any examination coordinated by the board from 2015.

Meantime, the Senate President, Senator David Mark and the JAMB Registrar, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde have harped on the importance of proper education among the youths, saying it was the panacea to curb youth restiveness and other social vices in a country.

Mark, Ojerinde harps on Education as antidote to nation’s woes.

The attributed the myriads of problems like the recent insurgency in the Nort East, the militancy in the Niger Delta, the kidnapping in the South East and other crimes such as violence, armed robbery and drug abuse as a result of illiteracy.

The JAMB Registrar who was speaking at the closing ceremony of the 2014 Professor Odusola Ojerinde, his late wife memorial golf tournament in Otukpo, Benue State said part of efforts to improve education in Nigeria in line with global best practices was the introduction of Computer Based Test, CBT, for all the board’s examinations.

He announced that beginning from 2015, any student or candidate who was not computer (ICT) literate would have no business with JAMB conducted examinations even as he declared, “we are not going to compromise on that”.

In a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Senate President, Mr. Paul Mumeh, the JAM Registrar said it was for that reason that JAMB embarked on the establishment of Computer Based Centres across the country preparatory for all its examinations.

He stressed that examination was central to education and must be taken seriously at all levels.

Also speaking Senator Mark said he was committed to the development of education, adding, “because I believe that a well educated citizenry would be an asset to the nation.

“Besides being the foundation for any development, education liberates the people and curbs all forms anti social behaviors.

“Whatever, I can do to support education; I will not hesitate to do it. I want to bequeath education of our people especially in my constituency as a legacy. For me , It is the most important investment.’

The Senate President according to the statement explained that he promotes sports as the needed companion to education “because a combination of both will enhance peaceful coexistence, eradicates crimes, promotes unity and development.”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/jamb-bars-candidates-without-ict-knowledge/#sthash.8i9pimS6.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by DEGREE2466(m): 11:29am On Aug 25, 2014
That is a good move. i think it is high time students are mandated to undergo at least six months computer training before rushing into buying jamb form. it is obvious that students always spend some time at home before going into the university, so why not use that time to learn computer instead of using it all on social network or on social vices. i had advice the also set some questions from basic computer application as a general question in jamb

5 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 25, 2014
That's cool

computer age indeed

2 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by yungEX(m): 11:45am On Aug 25, 2014
Rubbbish!!! what does some1 have to learn to write d cbt exam. When only d mouse is used

5 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Kunlexic(m): 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
yungEX: Rubbbish!!! what does some1 have to learn to write d cbt exam. When only d mouse is used
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Doclight(m): 3:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
gibberish!
All gibberish!

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by aboyaji(m): 6:19am On Aug 26, 2014
haha!!!! He is droolling.

O na-agusi asu mmiri.

2 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by nairaman66(m): 6:19am On Aug 26, 2014
Mtcheew.. JAMB wants to play relevance!

2 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Codedrock(m): 6:20am On Aug 26, 2014
Like seriously?? That's bit harsh

4 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by YoursGEJ(m): 6:23am On Aug 26, 2014
Imagine someone saying you don't know how to write but you want to take WAEC. Jamb is all multiple choice by the way so if you can't click, you have no business looking to enter into a tertiary institution

8 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by bunmioguns(m): 6:23am On Aug 26, 2014
I will comment when I wake up

Share in the testimony at https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-data-cheapest-rate

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by aforosco(m): 6:26am On Aug 26, 2014
. abeg I dey come bck

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 26, 2014
Hahaha angry

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by msmon(m): 6:30am On Aug 26, 2014
Noted!

I will be of the suggestion that "computer" is made a compulsory subject in JAMB, that will enable applicants to learn the right use of computer and assist in implementing this new policy.

2 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by dridowu: 6:30am On Aug 26, 2014
This is harsh, may JAMB have forgotten that some students schooled in a remote village that don't have computers in their schools and those that are running private computer centre self do not even have light to enable them to teach student

7 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by movein: 6:31am On Aug 26, 2014
I'm not in support of this... Equip public schools with computers before making this move.. They shouldn't be left out!

4 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by segradino(m): 6:31am On Aug 26, 2014
Even those in the rural areas? Abeg! Find another tin talk

Good news for smart phone users, u can get d best data plan(MTN and Etisalat) for ur internet enabled devices why waste more when u can pay less for as low as N400 for 250mb...check dis out on this thread. www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-data-cheapest-rate#25391662

2 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by pontirock(m): 6:35am On Aug 26, 2014

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Vstuffs(m): 6:36am On Aug 26, 2014
I think that is Good,I remember back there in my secondary school we have only 5 computer literate out of a number of students more than 70.........and since I are among that are computer literate,it help us a lot.....school and class projects/research are done by the 5 of us(we dey get gain)

Learn web development by getting this videos
www.nairaland.com/1788943/get-complete-web-development-video

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by pontirock(m): 6:38am On Aug 26, 2014
Hmmmmmmmnnn

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by pontirock(m): 6:40am On Aug 26, 2014
Shebi Na Only D Mouse + Ur Eyes Nd Brain Go Dey Work,wat Is Der In Movin D Mouse Here Nd There?

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:45am On Aug 26, 2014
Ah Oga DIbu shocked

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by maxit2(m): 6:48am On Aug 26, 2014
Simply put;
this is a classic case of putting the cart before the horse.

2 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Moblord(m): 6:57am On Aug 26, 2014
Wickedtivity

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 26, 2014
I think ICT is an integral part of global culture recently, Dibu ojerinde cannot be faulted on this one.

By the way, when is that man retiring he has been there since time immemorial.

2 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by emmyw(m): 7:06am On Aug 26, 2014
Its cool

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by NaLaugh: 7:13am On Aug 26, 2014
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by persie98: 7:16am On Aug 26, 2014
im not even reading all that.
[img]http://smsh.me/axul.jpg[/img][img]http://smsh.me/azlb.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by wheesin(m): 7:17am On Aug 26, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2014
GUDMORNING ALL...
The professor must have some weak nuts in his head if he really uttered this.
I know he has good vision for dis kids but what plans has he made towards ensuring they all get dis ICT knowledge before 2015.
SINCE HE IS NOT A PRODUCT OF COMMUNITY SECONDARY SCHOOL, I wont blame him.
GO TO SOME COMMUNITIES and see things for yourself.
EVEN LGA chairmen and Governors are not AWARE dat some humans/schools exist there not to talk of ICT. YET some are doing GREAT in those centres.

2 Likes

Re: Candidates Without ICT Knowledge Should Forget JAMB – Registrar by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 26, 2014
Vstuffs: I think that is Good,I remember back there in my secondary school we have only 5 computer literate out of a number of students more than 70.........and since I are among that are computer literate,it help us a lot.....school and class projects/research are done by the 5 of us(we dey get gain)

Now i can boldly say being a computer literate doesnt rili make u a literate...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal University Of Technology, Minna Gets New VC / Diff And Relationship Between Mathematics And Statistics / A Private Polytechnic Offa(lens Polytechnic),kwara State,admission 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.