Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Oracle, Java Or Cisco - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Oracle, Java Or Cisco (1926 Views)

In Need Of A Java Or .NET Programmer Who Is Still A Corper / Java Or Php Developers Needed / Vacancy -telecommunications (mtn), Cisco And Asconoil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oracle, Java Or Cisco by Oluchia(f): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2006
Hello everybody, I want to take one of these IT courses just to boost up my CV u know but I'm a bit confused as to which one to take out of the three. Pls can someone in the house intimate me on them. FYI, I read Pure and Industrial Chemistry.
Re: Oracle, Java Or Cisco by sbdavid: 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2006
Oracle is mainly a Database cum development platform. Cisco has to do with Networking while Java is a robust and flexible programming language. you did indistrial chemistry so i think Java is good for you. this will help u to still work in your field and with the added advantage of being a programmer, you can be able to switch to any industry. cheers and good luck
Re: Oracle, Java Or Cisco by sbdavid: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2006
Oracle is mainly a Database cum development platform. Cisco has to do with Networking while Java is a robust and flexible programming language. you did industrial chemistry so i think Java is good for you. this will help u to still work in your field and with the added advantage of being a programmer, you can be able to switch to any industry. cheers and good luck
Re: Oracle, Java Or Cisco by colossus: 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2006
i u can just start with whichever one u prefer.presently im taking oracle but will do the other after my oracle.take care seun.
Re: Oracle, Java Or Cisco by Viper(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2006
My dear,
I see you are female and coupled with your course of study in school, networking or programming might not go easy with you. So, I advice you to take Oracle. smiley
Re: Oracle, Java Or Cisco by kuntakinte(m): 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2006
hey Oluchi,
don't know much about these computer stuff. but my friend who happens to be a guru in computer suggests oracle, since it seems the in thing now. everybody (for eg. glo, mtn, v-mobile) seems to be going haywire. The guy is making a lot dough, so I guess he must be right. cheers!!!
Re: Oracle, Java Or Cisco by smartsoft(m): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2006
hey better go for Oracle cos the time will come when your company will need a Database Admistrator for that kinda course you read, though when i'm done with my Oracle i will be working At MTN. Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo !
Re: Oracle, Java Or Cisco by FemiD(m): 5:26am On Jul 27, 2006
Well, I think Oracle will not be a bad idea to launch yourself in the IT world. It's about database administration(back-end programming) and it really does not take you away from your Industrial Chemistry. In fact, it complements it. The SQL which is used to implement Oracle is more like writing English. The rest part of Oracle; architecture, networking, back-up and recovery and performance tuning are just like every other programme/course work in school - u study,practice, familiarise and use it.
However, the pace in the IT world is such that you may need to add JAVA(front-end programming) knowledge to stand out as a candidate of choice as a DBA(Database Administator). JAVA is also not complicated at all. U will appreciate it when you start having a graphic display of your codes. The applets is also great fun. There are other programs that you may find equally interesting too like the VB.Net which is also an Object Oriented Programming Language like JAVA (some refer to it as Microsoft's alternative to JAVA - trust Microsoft, it's easy to use)
Cisco is about networking. You may just need to have a dotting knowledge about it, except you want to build a career in it. I really don't advise that you do this except you are not bothered about loosing your identity as an industrial chemist.
Re: Oracle, Java Or Cisco by Oluchia(f): 5:11pm On Jul 27, 2006
Thnx guys 4 that exposition. I've learnt quite a lot and I think I can now make my choice. Once more Thankssssss a lot.
Re: Oracle, Java Or Cisco by jesuseun1(m): 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2006
hi oluchia,

in the multitude of councel there is safety,I also want to upgrade my c.v but I want to write ccna that is cisco. it does not matter d course u read as ist degree,it depend on what you want .cisco,java and oracle.the three IT cousres are good and lucrative,it all depends on what you want to BECOME.java is all about writing software programme,cisco is more of hard ware that is networking while oracle is all about data base management.4 more info u can get intouch with JIDAW SYSYTEMS LTD FREE IT SEMINAR,CALL 01-4808445,8958064,WWW.JIDAW.ORG OR COM
God bless you.

seun

(1) (Reply)

Exxon Mobil Application Pdf.how Do I Upload / Intercontinental Bank Plc Disgraced And Redicle Nigerian Graduate's In Ph / GE Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.