Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

........... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ........... (4259 Views)

Hiv Positive Guy In Dilenma And Needs your Help. / What Are Nigeria's Contribution To Medicine And Surgery? Please Help. / Safer Abortion; Desperate Help Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

........... by Ymodulus: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2014

4 Likes 24 Shares

Re: ........... by Lagusta(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
So sorry about your condition....

As a sickle cell patient, you need to avoid the following triggers:

1) stressful conditions e.g fights, arguments, etc

2) extremes of temperature

3) malaria

4) infections

5) dehydration

also, please visit a sickle cell clinic in your area...

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: ........... by Enoquin(f): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
I have known 3 people all females. First was a cousin, died before her 20s. Second, a neighbour in Lagos, never married but got pregnant and now has a child. Still living, last I heard. Third is a church member, celebrated her 50th birthday this year.

And yet others without sickle cell would have died before my cousin, neighbour and church member.

My church member takes things easy. She doesn't do much to stress herself. She isn't married though.

So sorry, I may not have tips but I know every health challenge has basic dos which are:
*Eating and living healthy (more fruits and veggies): A healthy lifestyle boosts your immune system, so that the system has the strength to fight off little illnesses
*Acknowledging your status, it makes you more careful
*Taking your mind off things that you cannot change
*Meeting others with sickle cell, your stories and challenges will act as a morale booster
*You can also decide to keep a public diary listing your challenges and triumphs, that way you help raise awareness too (optional)
*Doing only what you love doing

God bless you

7 Likes

Re: ........... by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
ama get u info. .. ..brb
Re: ........... by obua: 2:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
Self help is best help. Do research on the net and be well informed.
I will give you a number to call in portharcourt.
Re: ........... by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ymodulus: Ok.

Last week I complained of pains and thanks to that good nairalander on this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1901328/please-need-sickle-cell-patients
Today I need help once more.

I have been down emotionally and just browsing to let that sad emotions die. Literally I have been in the joke section reading some jokes. But even at that I have to face my fear.

"If you keep on living live the way you do now, you won't live long." - Doctor (said this to me this morning when I went to pick up my test form )

Those words got me thinking real hard. I have to admit I have been one big I don't care fellow when it comes to health.
Now I want to change and I want to be true to this.

Brief Info.

1. Sickle Cell

I need help or tips

If you know people that have managed the above health issue successfully please kindly help me with tips and ways they did so.

I will be more than grateful thanks

Just ONE THING.... Dont play with ur medications....

The one for anti-malaria (PALUDRINE) and the other one they give you against ur weight (HYREOXYUREA)... + FOLIC ACID

As in.... NEVER MISS A DOSS IN A SINGLE DAY.

Do brain scan also ....

VISIT Sickle Cell Centre in front of LUTH Idi Araba...

They will give u the correct medication, do enough tests for you and make them ur friend
Re: ........... by pickabeau1: 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: ........... by Raypawer(m): 4:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
dude take life easy, i think its time u start believing there is something called Supernatural (beyond the Natural) God i mean because i solely believe that its Only God that can help you out... believe in his words, read the Bible.... have a strong personal relationship with God Almighty, attend a Bible believing church... and God will help you.

4 Likes

Re: ........... by mayorall(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
My friend. Please Identify your problems and solve them. Thinking about them is waste of time but proofing solutions to it. Please get past what happened to you last week. It's parts of life. Abi make I help you call your crushcheesycheesy. u dey doubt me?. I now have her number o.
Re: ........... by chimerase2: 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
Chai me remember ma sis nw
Re: ........... by mentorandfriend(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lagusta: So sorry about your condition....

1) stressful conditions e.g fights, arguments, etc

3) malaria

4) infections

5) dehydration

also, please visit a sickle cell clinic in your area...

Hope this helps
You got the above correct. The reason why they are called stressful conditions is because they potentiate sickling of the red cells. When the red cells sickle, they find it difficult to navigate their way through tiny arterioles. This causes vaso-occlusive crisis. It can be very painful, thus also called foot and hand disease (painful crisis) because end arterioles are smallest there.
WHAT MUST YOU DO?
1) Make water a close companion. Drink at least 3litres of water every day. This will prevent dehydration and discourage and discourage sluggish movement of the blood which could plug up the arterioles, inducing sharp pain.
2) Avoid extremes of temperature; too cold or too hot. They can sickle the red cells and thus plugging up the arterioles.
3) You have to be placed on antimalarial prophylaxis for life. To guard against malaria is to guard against sickling of red cells.
4) Avoid strenous exercises. Do things at your own pace.
5) Anti thrombotic therapy is a must; to guard againt transient ischaemic attack in the brain.
I hope this helps you. Pls feel free with me.

2 Likes

Re: ........... by dytbabe: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Raypawer: dude take life easy, i think its time u start believing there is something called Supernatural (beyond the Natural) God i mean because i solely believe that its Only God that can help you out... believe in his words, read the Bible.... have a strong personal relationship with God Almighty, attend a Bible believing church... and God will help you.
undecided
Re: ........... by Lagusta(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
dytbabe:
undecided

you're not as confused as i am sis
Re: ........... by Ymodulus: 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
@All

Thanks. i will follow all instructions well.

Lagusta: So sorry about your condition....

Staying in a cold place like an air conditioned room at 18 centrigrades. is this wrong?? or you mean hot temperatures?

Enoquin: I have known 3 people all females. First was a cousin, died before her 20s.
if i might ask, was her age range between 20 - 20+(21) years ??

ledafaze:
the other one they give you against ur weight[b] (HYREOXYUREA).[/b].. + FOLIC ACID
Hyreoxyurea is not effective. beside are you sure its for weight?? i was told its for pain. General Hospital doctor told me that. I think am seeing reasons why i dont feel the effect. Recently i took Aspirin (self medications) and it was sooo sooo effective and powerful but i think t has a side effect. as after sometimes i get weak and i have to drink power horse.

mayorall: My friend. Please Identify your problems and solve them. Thinking about them is waste of time but proofing solutions to it. Please get past what happened to you last week. It's parts of life. Abi make I help you call your crushcheesycheesy. u dey doubt me?. I now have her number o.
Lol!!! you are crazy so so crazy. you just made me laugh. i really need the smile i wont lie you. now i am beginning to appreciate smiles and laughter a lot more. But truth be told i have just been thinkiing of crazy things to do and assuming its my last days on earth. lol!!

it wont be bad letting the gal i crushed on know that i did. At least share some secrets a little. My mouth is itching.

chimerase2: Chai me remember ma sis nw
what happened? can i contact you ?
Re: ........... by Lagusta(m): 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ymodulus: @All

Staying in a cold place like an air conditioned room at 18 centrigrades. is this wrong?? or you mean hot temperatures?

Hyreoxyurea is not effective. beside are you sure its for weight?? i was told its for pain. General Hospital doctor told me that. I think am seeing reasons why i dont feel the effect. Recently i took Aspirin (self medications) and it was sooo sooo effective and powerful but i think t has a side effect. as after sometimes i get weak and i have to drink power horse.

Lol!!! you are crazy so so crazy. you just made me laugh. i really need the smile i wont lie you. now i am beginning to appreciate smiles and laughter a lot more. But truth be told i have just been thinkiing of crazy things to do and assuming its my last days on earth. lol!!

it wont be bad letting the gal i crushed on know that i did. At least share some secrets a little. My mouth is itching.

when i mean "extremes of temperature, i mean intense heat and intense cold....

An air-conditioned place may or may not pose a risk, best to avoid it... Normal temperature range should be btw 23-35oC

hydroxyurea reduces the sickling of red blood cells, it doesnt really deal with the pain per se. ...

Aspirin may work, but it is seriously contra-indicated in patients with peptic ulcer disease, asthma, and children...

Please, NEVER TAKE POWER HORSE AGAIN!!! It contains caffeine, which is a stimulant, wont make you sleep, may give you headaches, and may trigger another crisis...

As an SCD patient, you really need to watch what you eat and drink... The best thing is to drink PLAIN BOILED WATER!!! Avoid fizzy drinks like a plague.... You need to keep those kidneys in shape you know

keep your head up high, and dont lose hope!!! Better days ahead

2 Likes

Re: ........... by Ymodulus: 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lagusta:

when i mean "extremes of temperature, i mean intense heat and intense cold....

An air-conditioned place may or may not pose a risk, best to avoid it... Normal temperature range should be btw 23-35oC
thanks noted

hydroxyurea reduces the sickling of red blood cells, it doesnt really deal with the pain per se. ...
Honestly i recall been told it was for pains. I am surprise with what you saying. however correction noted.

Aspirin may work, but it is seriously contra-indicated in patients with peptic ulcer disease, asthma, and children...
how do you mean? in respect to the bolded

Please, NEVER TAKE POWER HORSE AGAIN!!! It contains caffeine, which is a stimulant, wont make you sleep, may give you headaches, and may trigger another crisis...
Thats the only way i can work when weak believe me if i dont take this then i can do nothing. because i will be so weak

As an SCD patient, you really need to watch what you eat and drink... The best thing is to drink PLAIN BOILED WATER!!! Avoid fizzy drinks like a plague.... You need to keep those kidneys in shape you know
thanks.
Does this include frequent take of Maltina and coke??
Re: ........... by Enoquin(f): 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2014

19 is before 20 na
Re: ........... by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 19, 2014

No wonder... Power horse? Its bad for you.

Hydroxyurea is for the sickle cell itself. The dose you will use depends on ur weight... And that will determine if u use it daily.

The drugs u should be using daily should be paludrine hydrixyurea folic acid only.... Everyday...

Go to the sickle cell center... Its very cheap... Almost free... Sponsored by mtn
Re: ........... by mayorall(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ymodulus:

it wont be bad letting the gal i crushed on know that i did. At least share some secrets a little. My mouth is itching

You me make I loud speaker?. My mouth loose o. make I confirm before I let the cat outta the bag. !!!. Guess what??. She is viewing cheesy; D
Re: ........... by Lagusta(m): 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ymodulus:
thanks noted

Honestly i recall been told it was for pains. I am surprise with what you saying. however correction noted.

how do you mean? in respect to the bolded

Thats the only way i can work when weak believe me if i dont take this then i can do nothing. because i will be so weak

thanks.
Does this include frequent take of Maltina and coke??

what i mean about hydroxyurea is that, it reduces the sickling of red blood cells, thereby reduces the pains of crises...

Its not like aspirin, which reduces pain DIRECTLY without reducing the sickling....

And YES, aspirin is contra-indicated in asthma, an asthma patient must NOT use aspirin... My senior colleagues can correct me if i'm wrong

you can take malt, sparingly take fanta, but AVOID COKE; LA CASERA and other acidic drinks...

Studies have shown that acidity worsens sickling....

3 Likes

Re: ........... by Donsheddy: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
i dnt knw anytin abt. Sickle cell. Bt bro please take your health serious
Re: ........... by cybug: 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
Read the first 5 pages of this link... You'll want to read all.
https://www.nairaland.com/1087596/facts-myths-sickle-cell-disease

Get the drug Cellod-S, if you have money buy Procin-X too from them, it helps with the pains a lot. Just be on the drug constantly for now and you will be amazed with the results. You will totally recover from all your symptoms.

Get Cellod-S and Procin-X on this site
http://www.ormedsupremeoption.com/

Culled from the above link
Re: ........... by Ymodulus: 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lagusta:

what i mean about hydroxyurea is that, it reduces the sickling of red blood cells, thereby reduces the pains of crises...

Its not like aspirin, which reduces pain DIRECTLY without reducing the sickling....

And YES, aspirin is contra-indicated in asthma, an asthma patient must NOT use aspirin... My senior colleagues can correct me if i'm wrong

you can take malt, sparingly take fanta, but AVOID COKE; LA CASERA and other acidic drinks...

Studies have shown that acidity worsens sickling....

Thanks. How can I get your contact
Re: ........... by Ymodulus: 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
cybug: Read the first 5 pages of this link... You'll want to read all.
https://www.nairaland.com/1087596/facts-myths-sickle-cell-disease

Get the drug Cellod-S, if you have money buy Procin-X too from them, it helps with the pains a lot. Just be on the drug constantly for now and you will be amazed with the results. You will totally recover from all your symptoms.

Get Cellod-S and Procin-X on this site
http://www.ormedsupremeoption.com/

Culled from the above link

How much is the drug.?

Beside I am reading already
Re: ........... by Lagusta(m): 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ymodulus:

Thanks. How can I get your contact

whatsapp: +2347033422401

email: eedrisology@gmail.com

BBM loading

1 Like

Re: ........... by GogetterMD(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2014

Last week I complained of pains and thanks to that good nairalander on this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1901328/please-need-sickle-cell-patients

I have been down emotionally and just browsing to let that sad emotions die. Literally I have been in the joke section reading some jokes. But even at that I have to face my fear.

"If you keep on living live the way you do now, you won't live long." - Doctor (said this to me this morning when I went to pick up my test form )

Those words got me thinking real hard. I have to admit I have been one big I don't care fellow when it comes to health.

Brief Info.

1. Sickle Cell

I need help or tips

If you know people that have managed the above health issue successfully please kindly help me with tips and ways they did so.

My dear, the good news is that there are people that have the genotype AS and SC that live into old age. Your clinic visit should be at least 2x a year, where you would have the routine investigations. Drinks lots of water, take your preventive antimalarials, folic acid and nutritional supplements. Sleep under mosquito nets, unless you react to it, have your pain killers at hand, protect yourself from the cold weather, and importantly, be happy and wear a positive outlook

1 Like

Re: ........... by McLove(m): 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=Ymodulus]
I DON'T KNOW IF YOU DON'T MIND GOING SPRITUAL
Re: ........... by Olusanya333(m): 8:07am On Sep 21, 2014

Brief Info.

1. Sickle Cell

I need help or tips

You don't need to manage sicke cell sir.
Re: ........... by Trippledots(m): 11:48am On Oct 29, 2014
and some dudes will say... " if she is AS and im AS i will go ahead and marry her, God will make us not have SS kids, if he does he will cure her"

so sad.

dont misinterprete me, im a christia. who believes in miracles and Jesus..... i also believe in the miracle of science and common sense.

i pray you be healed bro...IJN.

1 Like

Re: ........... by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
Life... Great men. cry cry cry

cheer up bro. Your case isn't as bad as my friend.
Re: ........... by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 28, 2015
oga....

i use nature take beg u....

stop taking energy drinks of whatsoever....limit the intake of coke...fanta....etc....if u must drink sometin...take viju milk...it helps....

if u must drink.....TAKE GUINNESS MALT....mix it with tin tomatoes.....

if u miss anything....NEVER MISS YOUR FOLIC ACID...
Re: ........... by stbuldozer: 12:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hello Nobody, kindly provide info about "the other one they give you against ur weight (HYREOXYUREA)". Thank you.

Just ONE THING.... Dont play with ur medications....

The one for anti-malaria (PALUDRINE) and the other one they give you against ur weight (HYREOXYUREA)... + FOLIC ACID

As in.... NEVER MISS A DOSS IN A SINGLE DAY.

Do brain scan also ....

VISIT Sickle Cell Centre in front of LUTH Idi Araba...

They will give u the correct medication, do enough tests for you and make them ur friend

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Radiation Can Do To Body. Warning Highly Graphic [photo] / Looking For How Much A Treatment Or Surgery Costs In India...get It Now.... / Help I Cant Have A Second Round With My Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.