Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Help Me Please! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help Me Please! (3572 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Please! by hapiness44(f): 12:18am On Oct 02, 2014
Goodmorning Doctors in the house.
I am 24,and I think I have a little problem down there. For the past 4months,I have noticed a change in the smell of my 'down below' (foul smell,stronger than the way its suppose to smell,it does not itch me,just discharge and the smell) for the first month,I took flagy 500mg,it stopped but immediatly after my next period,it continued again.I know its an infection and a doctor friend of mine prescribed ciprotab ,but its getting too long and I am educated enough to know the implication if it is left untreated,.my question is, I really want to know what's wrong down there,and I want do go for a test,but I have no idea how it is done.
Do I go to a lab or a hospital? I am not registered in any hospital,and that have been one of the causes of it staying this long,or should I just walk up to any Lab and ask for a 'down below' test.please I need replies urgently please don't just read and not comment.thank you
Re: Help Me Please! by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 02, 2014
Sexylogan
Mgbogo
Miraclebaby someone needs help
Re: Help Me Please! by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:28am On Oct 02, 2014

1 Like

Re: Help Me Please! by Swot26(m): 2:04am On Oct 02, 2014
The first, and most obvious is to let your doctor know of this problem as it may be easily sorted out on the spot.

You may have a form of thrush, or a low-grade infection called bacterial vaginosis, which – although harmless – can often cause significant smell and embarrassment.

Stick to simple soap and water as you are doing, and your GP may need to take some simple vaginal swabs to track down exactly what is happening here.

It doesn't sound as if there is anything too serious going on here and your doctor will have heard of this problem hundreds of times before so do not be embarrassed about going.
Re: Help Me Please! by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 02, 2014
You ought to visit Gynaecologist. Do not delay.

If you've been sexually active, it could be a number of things (stemming from your sexua'l activities). If not, it's still an indication of an imbalance in your body. Please go to a reputable Gynaecologist. Hopefully you would receive a proper diagnosis and subsequent meds this time around. Aside from the fact that you don't want anyone perceiving any smell, you want to make sure everything's okay with you. Good luck.
Re: Help Me Please! by Olarewajub: 4:02am On Oct 02, 2014
High vaginal swab (HVS) takes 3-4days.
RaphaellaDD: You need to get to the hospital stat!!! Ask your female friends about their personal gynaecologists and their qualifications or walk into any quality hospital and register, then say that you want to speak to a gynaecologist. They'll take swab tests I.e they'll use a cotton swab or another substitute to rub against your inner walls and collect samples,i don't know how long it takes for them to get the results, but just be patient and they'll get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Please! by Olarewajub: 4:05am On Oct 02, 2014
hapiness44: Goodmorning Doctors in the house.
I am 24,and I think I have a little problem down there. For the past 4months,I have noticed a change in the smell of my 'down below' (foul smell,stronger than the way its suppose to smell,it does not itch me,just discharge and the smell) for the first month,I took flagy 500mg,it stopped but immediatly after my next period,it continued again.I know its an infection and a doctor friend of mine prescribed ciprotab ,but its getting too long and I am educated enough to know the implication if it is left untreated,.my question is, I really want to know what's wrong down there,and I want do go for a test,but I have no idea how it is done.
Do I go to a lab or a hospital? I am not registered in any hospital,and that have been one of the causes of it staying this long,or should I just walk up to any Lab and ask for a 'down below' test.please I need replies urgently please don't just read and not comment.thank you
Go see a gynaecologist, and he is going to recommend an MCS test for you which will be done in the lab. Cost of the test is just #1000-900

Re: Help Me Please! by sexylogan(m): 6:33am On Oct 02, 2014
hapiness44: Goodmorning Doctors in the house.

4 months? Are you kidding me? Go to a hospital and see a Gynaecologist asap!

3cycle: Sexylogan
Mgbogo
Miraclebaby someone needs help
3cycle smiley

1 Like

Re: Help Me Please! by hapiness44(f): 7:20am On Oct 02, 2014
Yields: You ought to visit Gynaecologist. Do not delay.

If you've been sexually active, it could be a number of things (stemming from your sexua'l activities). If not, it's still an indication of an imbalance in your body. Please go to a reputable Gynaecologist. Hopefully you would receive a proper diagnosis and subsequent meds this time around. Aside from the fact that you don't want anyone perceiving any smell, you want to make sure everything's okay with you. Good luck.
thank you for your response.I have not been sexually active for a while,so its not because of sexual activites.I plan to go see one today.God bless
Re: Help Me Please! by hapiness44(f): 7:29am On Oct 02, 2014
Swot26: The first, and most obvious is to let your doctor know of this problem as it may be easily sorted out on the spot.

You may have a form of thrush, or a low-grade infection called bacterial vaginosis, which – although harmless – can often cause significant smell and embarrassment.

Stick to simple soap and water as you are doing, and your GP may need to take some simple vaginal swabs to track down exactly what is happening here.

It doesn't sound as if there is anything too serious going on here and your doctor will have heard of this problem hundreds of times before so do not be embarrassed about going.
before bringing the topic to the house,I have read up on different types of infections and ways to reduce them.I tell u!, right now,I wash down there almost every time, stopped wearing tight panties, watched what I ate, but the smell still continued..that is why I got a little bothered
Re: Help Me Please! by mkoabiola: 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2014
Am a gynaecologist,come to my hospital.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Actually Last Even More Than 30 Minutes / Health benefits of Pumpkin Leaves(ugu Leaf). / We Cure Sickle Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.