Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Massive Fraud By MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Massive Fraud By MTN (3650 Views)

Checkout 2 New Data Plans Officially Launched By MTN / Have You Been Surprised By MTN Today? / I Don't Know If This Is A Bonus By MTN But Just Check This Out! #seriously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Fraud By MTN by hotmas911(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2014
I woke up this morning with a call from 33592, a short code from mtn partners. I unknowingly picked the call but learnt it was an advert to subscribe for an info I do not need. So I hung the phone, upon doing that 50 naira was immediately deducted from my balance with sms from MTNN that I have been successfully subscribed to DREAM INTERPRETATION at N50.00/Week.
Yesterday I made credit transfer to a number and upon that they also put me on one useless caller tunes from sir Shina Peters. After which they would start deducting money.
My anger now is why sending unsolicited sms and calls with the intent to be stealing 50 naira from may be millions of Nigerians and NCC is doing nothing to regulate or check it.
This is not a new trend with MTN. To me its fraud and one of the things I can do is come here to see if there are others experiencing the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by eunisam: 10:39am On Oct 03, 2014
Screenshot or....
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by parrotibaba(m): 10:46am On Oct 03, 2014
@op just break ya sim!!! angry cos dos calls n messages will never end!!! sad
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Alexk2(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2014
The fraud cut accross, bro...glo, and airtel are also in the scam biznes...it can be frustrating and itz high time ncc do something abt it.

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 03, 2014
I don't receive those text or calls since I registered... Or is my SIM different??
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by am0s(m): 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
i tink say na only me dem send one useless callertune i no sunscribe for..
nd dey deducted #50.......
after dat one no do dem
dey deducted anida 100 for one oyedepo inspirational weekly rubbish.....
may tunder strike down mtn
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by agrovick(m): 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
MTN stealing #50 since 1066, that was how i recharged my line about 2 saturdays ago, 50 naira was removed from the amount loaded with mtn claiming it happened as a result of technical whatever. Fast forward to the present day and they are yet to refund my money even though they claimed they have started refunding people
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by ayanbaba2(m): 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
Extorting_money_like_the_polĂ­ce..._just_warn_them_to_stay_off_my_number:-@;->
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
ETISALAT Baba grin
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
hotmas911 post=/post/26827382:
I woke up this morning with a call from 33592, a short code from mtn partners. I unknowingly picked the call but learnt it was an advert to subscribe for an info I do not need. So I hung the phone, upon doing that 50 naira was immediately deducted from my balance with sms from MTNN that I have been successfully subscribed to DREAM INTERPRETATION at N50.00/Week.
Yesterday I made credit transfer to a number and upon that they also put me on one useless caller tunes from sir Shina Peters. After which they would start deducting money.
My anger now is why sending unsolicited sms and calls with the intent to be stealing 50 naira from may be millions of Nigerians and NCC is doing nothing to regulate or check it.
This is not a new trend with MTN. To me its fraud and one of the things I can do is come here to see if there are others experiencing the same.

They did same to me today from 757.. I picked and got charged N50 for magic voice.. I called them and rained curses on them.. He pain me gaan lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Slymonster(m): 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
those thief refund mine after much call one particular morning it happen just as the op wrote,i pick and hung up and 50naira deducted..I was angry that morning cos it was about magic voice and i called them nd spoke like a lawyer accusing them a customer has a right to subscribe to whatever package he feels like Nd not you . lol....as i vex hung the call....na so i see message from mtn vtu that my 50naira has been credited back...

bottomline dont pick any of there rubbish call again
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Akanimo01(m): 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
Seriously,the situation is utterly despicable.Recently,I have realized that MTN even charge normal rates for data usage even when I have megabytes.I have since restricted my recharging of my MTN account to limit the fraud.
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by mikron(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
They keep deducting N50 of my money on caller tunes I never subscribed for. Mtn na thieves
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Elxandre(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lol, I just keep adding their spam calls to blacklisted number lists. I win.

1 Like

Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by adanduka: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
How is this massive?
Pls don't crucify me but ...
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by ujahboy(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
MThiefN is nt the only network, i am even planning to call and insults their life abt all their nonsense sms especially when u re expecting an alert u wil just see one 'stupidt' promo sms.
Glo has even taken theirs to d extent of calling wit numbers that look like normal phone number....... MThiefN God is watching
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by rattlesnake(m): 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
hotmas911: I woke up this morning with a call from 33592, a short code from mtn partners. I unknowingly picked the call but learnt it was an advert to subscribe for an info I do not need. So I hung the phone, upon doing that 50 naira was immediately deducted from my balance with sms from MTNN that I have been successfully subscribed to DREAM INTERPRETATION at N50.00/Week.
My anger now is why sending unsolicited sms and calls with the intent to be stealing 50 naira from may beu millions of Nigerians and NCC is doing nothing to regulate or check it.
who slept beside u tru the night....sometimes conji dey mistakenly Dial number fa undecided
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Odunharry(m): 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
na today una knw eMpTyheN??

Dy dn comot ma money illegal 4 callertunes mk i no subscribe 4...sharpali i call dia CC tear 4 dm mak dm stop rough play

Anybdy mk no lyk d dun dun sound mk im dy hear if im call make im go

mTN exploiting people since 1850
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Odunharry(m): 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
rattlesnake: who slept beside true the night....sometimes conji dey mistakenly Dial number fa undecided
lol...werey
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by laurenjones: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
Elxandre: Lol, I just keep adding their spam calls to blacklisted number lists. I win.

grin
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by hotmas911(m): 7:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
adanduka: How is this massive?
Pls don't crucify me but ...
50naira times 1 million is how much? Abi na dem dey pay your salary ni?
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by golddeejay(m): 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
anoda reason to switch to etisalat. I use both but rarely recharge on overhyped ntwk
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by bastien: 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
Mtn dey scam die, imagine loading 2k5 and I saw u successfully received 1k5 to call any network, after I use d 2k5 subs, I try to use d bonus call for where, I dey hear u account is load pls recharge
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Gosj01(m): 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
NOBLEDANDY: I don't receive those text or calls since I registered... Or is my SIM different??
Wait for your turn!
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by adanduka: 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
hotmas911: 50naira times 1 million is how much? Abi na dem dey pay your salary ni?

How did you arrive at the figure 1 million? Wait for @ least a 100 nairalanders to confirm a similar deduction.
I am not saying MTN can't do a thing like a massive fraud but let's get our facts right so we can channel our greviances properl and get the right results.
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by DarkFive: 10:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
parrotibaba: @op just break ya sim!!! angry cos dos calls n messages will never end!!! sad
Port to Etisalat
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
DarkFive:
Port to Etisalat
from frying pan to fire
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by seunwen2(m): 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
Have recharging on my mtn line glo is preferable to me if I recharge dem go remove 100 for wise quote shey I tell them say I dull b4?

2 Likes

Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Femistico(m): 11:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
I dnt pick such calls
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by ShirelleBaby: 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
mtn is really annoying_i load card and wake up to a 0 naira account-i called their customer service and they said it is because I am running apps thatz aint covered by my BIS-like you tube-because of them I deleted my youtube now it has worsened-i see notifications every second as my money is going before my very eyes-i loaded 400 naira tonyt and as I speak i am left with 29 naira and I haven't even made up to 15 mins call-it hurts me a lot
Re: Massive Fraud By MTN by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 04, 2014
ShirelleBaby: mtn is really annoying_i load card and wake up to a 0 naira account-i called their customer service and they said it is because I am running apps thatz aint covered by my BIS-like you tube-because of them I deleted my youtube now it has worsened-i see notifications every second as my money is going before my very eyes-i loaded 400 naira tonyt and as I speak i am left with 29 naira and I haven't even made up to 15 mins call-it hurts me a lot
Sorry for that....
You can stop it by sending "data off" to 131.
I believe that will solve the problem.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Save A Bro Frm Being Duped. Is He For Real. See Our Chat Screenshots (+PIC / Jumia Mobile Week 2016 is On.. Start Buying / Blackbery's BBM Service Has Been Fully Restored - RIM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.