Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Wordpress Theme Installation Problem, Pleasee Help. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Theme Installation Problem, Pleasee Help. (746 Views)

I'll Give You One Blog/news Wordpress Theme/template Free / Where Can I Download Megamag Wordpress Theme Free? / Pleasee Drop Your Suggestions Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Theme Installation Problem, Pleasee Help. by Bossdavzy: 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
Plz help me on this post.

Anytime i tried uploading theme and i want to activate it, this is what they keep telling me;

'The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed'

And there is style.css in the theme.

What do i do please?
Re: Wordpress Theme Installation Problem, Pleasee Help. by maekhel(m): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
open style.css to see if it contains the correct WordPress theme declaration.
Re: Wordpress Theme Installation Problem, Pleasee Help. by adewasco2k(m): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
Bossdavzy:

Anytime i tried uploading theme and i want to activate it, this is what they keep telling me;

'The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme install failed'

What do i do please?

This is a common problem people face and their are lots of possible cause.

1. You should unzip the theme ...the main theme you are to upload might be in the zip. Unzip and see if you see another zip file in it.....that's the most popular problem.

2. Try to upload the theme via ftp.....I recommend filezilla
Re: Wordpress Theme Installation Problem, Pleasee Help. by sparklesruns: 7:47am On Oct 10, 2014
Yes try using ftp and make sure it is not a child theme. You can get more help ute.styl@gmail.com fell free
Re: Wordpress Theme Installation Problem, Pleasee Help. by calibus(m): 8:05am On Oct 10, 2014
Contact the theme developer for help, most time issue like that happen when you download theme from hackers site or blog.

You don't get issue like ds from pay theme.

Same problem will occur if u try using ftp.
Re: Wordpress Theme Installation Problem, Pleasee Help. by Lastdon02(m): 9:02am On Oct 10, 2014
Bossdavzy:

Theme install failed'

What do i do please?

#my Boss Has said It All. I got this problem also but i figurd it out. Try extract the zip fil. Eg i got a them name jarida so i try uploading it but i keep getting err . I have to chek the jarid_2.1 zir file to c what is hpapning i notice inside the zip file thire is anoda zip name Jarida.zip inside this jarida.zip thire is a folder name the site i downloaded from so all i have to do is mark all the them content and zip em. So i upload againd nd wow... it worked. #boss Adewasko2k i c u.
Re: Wordpress Theme Installation Problem, Pleasee Help. by Lastdon02(m): 9:04am On Oct 10, 2014
what is the name of the theme?

(1) (Reply)

Mobile App Needed Urgently / Are You Interested In Starting A Webhosting Business? / Other Keyword Tool Beside Adword Keyword Planner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.