Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Make Your Computer Welcome You - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Make Your Computer Welcome You (1684 Views)

How To Make Your Computer Welcome You With Your Name Voice On Startup / How To Make Computer Welcome You With A Voice Message On Startup. / Make Your Computer Welcome U, By Saying Ur Name On Startup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make Your Computer Welcome You by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
Do you watch movies? Have you always loved the way how Computers in movies welcome their users by calling out their names? I bet that you too would want to know how you can achieve similar results on your PC and have a computer said welcome.

Then you are at the right place, this article describes exactly how you can make your computer welcome you like this.

With this trick, you can make your Computer welcome you in its computerized voice. You can make your Windows based computer say "Welcome to your PC, Username."

Make Windows Greet you with a Custom Voice Message at Startup

To use this trick, follow the instructions given below:-
1.Click on Start. Navigate to All Programs, Accessories and Notepad.
2.Copy and paste the exact code given below.

Dim speaks, speech
speaks="Welcome to your PC,
Username"
Set speech=CreateObject
( "sapi.spvoice" )
speech.Speak speaks

3. Replace Username with your own name.

4. Click on File Menu, Save As, select All Types in Save as Type option, and save the file as Welcome.vbs or "*.vbs".

5. Copy the saved file.

6. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (in Windows XP) and to C:\Users\ {User-Name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (in Windows 8,Windows 7 and Windows Vista) if C: is your System drive. AppData is a hidden folder. So, you will need to select showing hidden folders in Folder options to locate it.

7. Paste the file.Now when the next time you start your computer, Windows will welcome you in its own computerized voice.

Note: For best results, it is recommended to change sound scheme to No Sounds.
You can change the sound scheme to No Sounds by following the steps given below:-
1.Go to Control Panel.
2.Then click on Switch to Classic View.
3.Then Click on Sounds and Audio Devices.
4.Then Click on the Sounds Tab.
5.Select No Sounds from the Sound Scheme option.
6.If you wish to save your Previous Sound Scheme, you can save it by clicking Yes in the popup menu.
7.Click on OK.

Try it yourself to see how it works. In my personal opinion, this is an excellent trick. Whenever I start my PC in front of anybody and the PC welcomes me, the fellow is left wondering how brilliant a computer do I have.

5 Likes

Re: Make Your Computer Welcome You by holard07(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
Nice, ll try it.
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome You by CuteMaro(m): 4:42am On Oct 10, 2014
Nice.. but the commands, are we to space it?
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome You by jamilkb(m): 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
Not working! Windows script compilation error... Huh angry
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome You by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
Working like da bomb
Try not to leave a space before enclosing the bracket
( "sapi.spvoice")
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome You by siegfried99(m): 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hmmmm.. let me give it a try wink
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome You by CuteMaro(m): 6:33am On Nov 06, 2014
Works Totally... but I dnt like d strong Male Voice.. Can it be Changed to a female electronic voice??
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome You by d1twista(m): 8:40am On Nov 09, 2014
Doesn't work with Macbook pro
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome You by biggmusty(m): 12:37am On Nov 15, 2014
Dnt work for me o, what am I doin wrong?
Re: Make Your Computer Welcome You by biggmusty(m): 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2014
khristology:
Do you watch movies? Have you always loved the way how Computers in movies welcome their users by calling out their names? I bet that you too would want to know how you can achieve similar results on your PC and have a computer said welcome.

Then you are at the right place, this article describes exactly how you can make your computer welcome you like this.

With this trick, you can make your Computer welcome you in its computerized voice. You can make your Windows based computer say "Welcome to your PC, Username."

Make Windows Greet you with a Custom Voice Message at Startup

To use this trick, follow the instructions given below:-
1.Click on Start. Navigate to All Programs, Accessories and Notepad.
2.Copy and paste the exact code given below.

Dim speaks, speech
speaks="Welcome to your PC,
Username"
Set speech=CreateObject
( "sapi.spvoice" )
speech.Speak speaks

3. Replace Username with your own name.

4. Click on File Menu, Save As, select All Types in Save as Type option, and save the file as Welcome.vbs or "*.vbs".

5. Copy the saved file.

6. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (in Windows XP) and to C:\Users\ {User-Name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (in Windows 8,Windows 7 and Windows Vista) if C: is your System drive. AppData is a hidden folder. So, you will need to select showing hidden folders in Folder options to locate it.

7. Paste the file.Now when the next time you start your computer, Windows will welcome you in its own computerized voice.

Note: For best results, it is recommended to change sound scheme to No Sounds.
You can change the sound scheme to No Sounds by following the steps given below:-
1.Go to Control Panel.
2.Then click on Switch to Classic View.
3.Then Click on Sounds and Audio Devices.
4.Then Click on the Sounds Tab.
5.Select No Sounds from the Sound Scheme option.
6.If you wish to save your Previous Sound Scheme, you can save it by clicking Yes in the popup menu.
7.Click on OK.

Try it yourself to see how it works. In my personal opinion, this is an excellent trick. Whenever I start my PC in front of anybody and the PC welcomes me, the fellow is left wondering how brilliant a computer do I have.

Bross it dnt work for me, wat do u feel am doin wrong?

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Richo Photocopy Machine For Sale / My Laptop Battery Cannot Charge / 2gb Ddr2 & 1 Gb Ddr1 Memory Cards Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.