Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

That Dome On The National Assembly! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / That Dome On The National Assembly! (3595 Views)

Senators Receive Saudi Arabia Delegates At The National Assembly.. Photos / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

That Dome On The National Assembly! by fr3do(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2014
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Sconty09(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2014
When we continue to be religiously biased and question our existence on religious and tribal line negatively,we would continue to be on same situation. Why are you thinking negatively? We can make it better if we think we desire another shape of dome,not been biased. Look at the White House dome attached to this post,Is america a muslim country? Chanel your energy to positive thinking and your thought into success. Generation upon generation try to make it better not by dragging down the past but shape the past for better future.

11 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 19, 2014
Sconty09:
When we continue to be religiously biased and question our existence on religious and tribal line negatively,we would continue to be on same situation. Why are you thinking negatively? We can make it better if we think we desire another shape of dome,not been biased. Look at the White House dome attached to this post,Is america a muslim country? Chanel your energy to positive thinking and your thought into success. Generation upon generation try to make it better not by dragging down the past but shape the past for better future.
Nice response to a religious fanatic.

1 Like

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do see ya life?

2 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by fr3do(m): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2014
But didnt I say predominantly initially?
Should I engage you guys with the different types of domes there are?

That design on the white house is even found in the Basiiica chapel in the Vatican. The dome attributed to islam is smooth with not more than a pole on the top, thats the one on the National Assembly building.
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by diceman1: 11:20am On Oct 19, 2014
Tear down Nigeria with religious bigotry mentality. Op abeg go beta school.

4 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by IGBOSON1: 11:25am On Oct 19, 2014
Sconty09:

^^^It's no secret that some of the public buildings built in Abuja have a slight Arabic/Islamic influence in their design! The dome of the National Assembly looks more like that of a mosque than it does a western building like the Capitol in Washington, St Peters in Rome or St Pauls in London! It's also seen in parts of the Aso Rock architecture.

There's no point in denying the obvious!
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^It's no secret that some of the public buildings built in Abuja have a slight Arabic/Islamic influence in their design! The dome of the National Assembly looks more like that of a mosque than it does a western building like the Capitol in Washington, St Peters in Rome or St Pauls in London! It's also seen in parts of the Aso Rock architecture.

Sentiments
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by IGBOSON1: 11:31am On Oct 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

Bullshit

^^^That's no way for a lady to talk now is it? smiley

1 Like

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 19, 2014
Sconty09:
Nice response to a religious bigot
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:

That design on the white house is even found in the Basiiica chapel in the Vatican. The dome attributed to islam is smooth with not more than a pole on the top, thats the one on the National Assembly building.
so we have Islam domes too? My friend you are being pathetic and silly

2 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^That's no way for a lady to talk now is it? smiley
Apologies.
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by fr3do(m): 11:51am On Oct 19, 2014
diceman1:
Tear down Nigeria with religious bigotry mentality. Op abeg go beta school.

you and I know the dome is predominantly an Islamic feature.

Christians tend to 'christianize' the country, they do so by preaching and programmes, but leaving persons at the receiving end to decide.

Some Muslims also want to 'islamize' Nigeria, they do so by trying to unconstitutionally enrol the country in Islamic conferences, by filling the constitution with Islam, by funding terrorism, by forcing islamic laws down the throats of other Nigerians...

Dont get me wrong, Islam is a very beautiful Religion, but some muslims are just terrible.

1 Like

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by patwilly(m): 11:55am On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:

Architects and Mathematicians of yore understood the concept of harnessing positive energy hence why a lot of ancient structures carry the dome shape. the divine concept of the golden ratio comes into play here I think. I'll read further on it.

3 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by omenka(m): 11:57am On Oct 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:

How do you guys live with yourselves Seriously, is this attitude and mode of thinking confined to your online presence or do you display this on mainstreet?? This is totally disgusting.

4 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
omenka:
How do you guys live with yourselves Seriously, is this attitude and mode of thinking confined to your online presence or do you display this on mainstreet?? This is totally disgusting.
barcanista:
so we have Islam domes too? My friend you are being pathetic and silly
Obiagelli:

Nice response to a religious fanatic.

All the posters above have one thing in common. They are APC supporters. They are here preaching religious tolerance while supporting a man that asked Muslims to only vote for fellow Muslims.

Their party is also trying to foist a Muslim/Muslim ticket on Nigerians. I laugh in Mandarin.

Even berem knows.

10 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

All the posters above have one thing in common. They are APC supporters. They are here preaching religious tolerance while supporting a man that asked Muslims to only vote for fellow Muslims.

Their party is also trying to foist a Muslim/Muslim ticket on Nigerians. I laugh in Mandarin.

Even berem knows.
clown

3 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Even berem knows.
what do I know? Dude,stop disturbing my mentions with your stupidity. angry

4 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by femicyrus(m): 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
TAN, how come you are just seeing it now that Gej is facing a glaring removal by election in about four months time?

2 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:
But didnt I say predominantly initially?

so in your own thinking,a dome signifies islam? As long as there is no moon and a star attached to that dome,it has nothing to do with islam. You're educated I guess. Please stop disgracing your parents who trained you in school.

4 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by drauj(m): 12:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
@ Barcanista and Obiagelli, kindly ignore any pathetic pig bent on living on Sentiments he is made to hold unto consciously and remain the progressives we are that are bent on concrete issues.
Nigeria is bigger than any corrupt tribalist and religious bigot.
One, United and Progressive Nigeria we stand for.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by san316(m): 12:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:

you and I know the dome is predominantly an Islamic feature.

Christians tend to 'christianize' the country, they do so by preaching and programmes, but leaving persons at the receiving end to decide.

Some Muslims also want to 'islamize' Nigeria, they do so by trying to unconstitutionally enrol the country in Islamic conferences, by filling the constitution with Islam, by funding terrorism, by forcing islamic laws down the throats of other Nigerians...

Dont get me wrong, Islam is a very beautiful Religion, but some muslims are just terrible.
The More U Try To Sound Reasonable, The Sillier U Sound. I'm Sure U Hv Listened To A Conspiracy Analyst Pastor Tellin U Dt Muslims Wnt To Islamize The Country. BREAKING NEWS;They Also Tell Us Hw Xtians Want To Xtianize Nigeria N Dominate Muslims With Evidence. Diz Theories Cn Only Durin Electns. Bottomline Is, D Politicians With Malams N Pastors Gv Us Diz Ideas In Orda To Divide Us 4 Dia Benefits,

2 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by omenka(m): 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
This is the kind of politicking Jonathan's admin has brought up and it is so damn terrible that the south easterners seem to have ran away with it!! Go to Dubai and other strictly Islamic countries and you'd find our brothers and sisters dong brisk business without hassles, yet down here, you find these demonic illiterates trying to preach and propagate hatred and religious intolerance. Cyberspace is awash with Dome shaped cathedral buildings from across the world, you guys should feel free to google that.

Indeed, Jonathan has nothing to sell us, absolutely nothing. Just ethnoreligious scaremongering.

What bunch of mud gobbling oafs.

2 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
what do I know? Dude,stop disturbing my mentions with your stupidity. angry

Otu gbawa kwa gi there Nonye

2 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by fr3do(m): 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
so in your own thinking,a dome signifies islam? As long as there is no moon crescent and a star attached to that dome,it has nothing to do with islam. You're educated I guess. Please stop disgracing your parents who trained you in school.

abeg abeg abeg
go through my previous posts.

Even at that, some mosques like the one in my first post have neither crescent nor star, signifying the dome itself is enough a symbol.

3 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by vedd: 12:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
The dome appears more islamic than secular. It is better changed.

2 Likes

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by talktimi(m): 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
The dome is actually quite beautiful, u see nothing wrong with it.
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Otu gbawa kwa gi there Nonye
gbawa kwa nke nwunye gi I na ara.
anu chi!

grin cheesy
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
fr3do:

abeg abeg abeg
go through my previous posts.

Even at that, some mosques like the one in my first post have neither crescent nor star, signifying the dome itself is enough a symbol.
a dome is not a symbol of Islam. Get that into your head.

1 Like

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by fr3do(m): 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
vedd:
The dome appears more islamic than secular. It is better changed.

Gbam!
Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
gbawa kwa nke nwunye gi I na ara.
anu chi!

grin cheesy

Adim celibate

1 Like

Re: That Dome On The National Assembly! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Adim celibate
good for you then!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Governor,first Among Equals,again Attracts $61m Investments In Poultry / Our Presidential Candidate Still In The Race, Says Labour Party / Sports And Politics Proves Igbos Team Inspired While Yorubas Are Individualistic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.